Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

9 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

This kit will be a long game, but there is no way that an official Beatles kit won’t end up being profitable down the line.

I’m not even a fan of the band, but can appreciate that once this is no longer available it’ll appreciate in value.

It’ll take a while though.

Many of their fans will be dead by then :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think this will be 2018's Doctor Who
People seem to have gone so deep on these the hull is likely to implode.
I picked up a few before the mania started but I think I'll likely be flogging them for RRP next xmas.

As we all know. Buy in is key. As long as you picked these up on 3 for 2, and with cash back, clubpoints etc you, these should have a buy in of £30. With RRP you should still be in the money like with Dr Who and anymore is a bonus.

3 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think this will be 2018's Doctor Who

People seem to have gone so deep on these the hull is likely to implode.

I picked up a few before the mania started but I think I'll likely be flogging them for RRP next xmas.

I don´t think it will be a vintage year for IDEAS sets. Remember that last year only Who (and very briefly Ecto) got marked down.

Doctor Who was always available at decent reductions, whereas this was generally stuck around £45 outside Tesco 3-for-2s. The recent IWOOT £39.99 offer was the first time I’d seen it under £40 outside a multibuy promo.

There are clearly a lot about, but thankfully plenty of people want this out of its box and on display.

May take a while to completely clear shelves, but once it officially retires I think anyone not going in deep will regret it.

12 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Doctor Who was always available at decent reductions, whereas this was generally stuck around £45 outside Tesco 3-for-2s. The recent IWOOT £39.99 offer was the first time I’d seen it under £40 outside a multibuy promo.

There are clearly a lot about, but thankfully plenty of people want this out of its box and on display.

May take a while to completely clear shelves, but once it officially retires I think anyone not going in deep will regret it.

Tesco 3 for 2

Argos 3 for 2

Toys r us 20% cashback plus £10 voucher plus freebies

Lego with Snowglobe Promo + cashback + VIP points

Lego sale

All brought price under £40

You can stack em deep n sell em cheap for a £10-20 flip

But I'll be surprised if I regret not buying only 4 of these.

5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Tesco 3 for 2

Argos 3 for 2

Toys r us 20% cashback plus £10 voucher plus freebies

Lego with Snowglobe Promo + cashback + VIP points

Lego sale

All brought price under £40

You can stack em deep n sell em cheap for a £10-20 flip

But I'll be surprised if I regret not buying only 4 of these.

I’m talking about prices to members of the horde who don’t use mild sorcery. I only ever saw it priced under £40 twice before the Lego sale - IWOOT, and a Lightning Deal on Amazon.

To a Beatles fan wanting one to build, with no interest in extras, promos, and other Lego etc, it’s basically been a case of stumping up £45+ ever since it first hit shelves.

2 hours ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

I’m talking about prices to members of the horde who don’t use mild sorcery. I only ever saw it priced under £40 twice before the Lego sale - IWOOT, and a Lightning Deal on Amazon.

To a Beatles fan wanting one to build, with no interest in extras, promos, and other Lego etc, it’s basically been a case of stumping up £45+ ever since it first hit shelves.

The problem is though, it's not what people will pay. It's what the horde will charge.

Dr Who could have quite easily fetched £80 during Christmas, but the horde had so many at such deep discounts they were happy to sell at £45.

I see the same happening with this.  Every time there's any discount on this set HUKD lot are all over it. It's had 17 posts dedicated to it on there since it came out. People will make money because of the discount buy in. At best it may rise a little above RRP during the quiet months before dropping again come September. 

• Like 2

As long as they aren’t remade and they don’t do anything to ruin their reputations then the Beatles, along with the Back to the Future, Doctor Who, Ecto 1 and maybe Big Bang Theory will be the Kira that in the long-term (5 - 10+ years time) will make serious money.

As has been said already about this kit, people are buying them to display, not keep boxed.

Eventually and it will take a while, but a mint in box Yellow Submarine will be highly sought after.