Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

If you look hard enough, you can still find Dr Who on the shelves.  Came across a couple last week for RRP.  Retailer being stubborn and not reduced the prices, hence, why its still gathering dust on the shelves.  Wouldn't surprise me to see it still there, this time next year.  With regards to YS.  Jury is out on this for me.  I have some in my inventory, but didn't pull the trigger on this, like i did last year with Wall-E, due to the fact that this is probably one of the most hoarded sets yet.  Still on the shelves in Lego stores and in some numbers, despite discount.  Similarly can be easily found at other retailers.  But the recent sold prices on eBay are at RRP, which is surprising.  So hard one to judge for short term performance.  Medium term, in 2 yrs time, can see this hitting £100. 

£100 in 2 years will suit me just fine. You'll never see a bank paying £35 interest (after fees) on a £50 deposit for such a short term ;-)

If any IDEAS set can outperform WALL-E, it has to be the YS. The Beatles are only the most famous band in history and there must be millions of fans, just in the UK let alone globally, who never knew that LEGO made this set and will pay through the nose for later on. I've bought these non-stop since the start and I'm prepared to put them aside for years. I also agree that Beatles fans (who must surely dwarf the amount of AFOLs) will want to build and display, adding to the rarity.

I'm sat on the fence deciding whether to clear out Tesco or not, it's not the cheapest price, but a more-or-less guaranteed £25 profit by 2020. I'm trying to hold off as I won't be surprised if LEGO resurrect it shortly for a week or so at -50% to clear out any retailer returns. Either that or Amazon may dump them on their behalf.

On 01/01/2018 at 7:59 AM, wotguvnotmeguv said:

I bet those 99 at Tesco will soon start moving if word reaches HUKD that it’s now retired.

Do we want these to clear away?

if so let's post on HDUK.

The buyers on that will take 1 each for personal build. 

That would clear them out. Happy to do the post myself unless anyone objects?

11 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Do we want these to clear away?

if so let's post on HDUK.

The buyers on that will take 1 each for personal build. 

That would clear them out. Happy to do the post myself unless anyone objects?

They'll quote the Lego SAH price and vote it down. Short-sighted I know! Tesco may get more back in stock as well, as may other outlets. A points promotion will help, and they come round quite frequently. 

Edited by Villager Chris

1 hour ago, Villager Chris said:

Yes it does, but then log in and you'll see it reduces it to 89. That's 9 gone since yesterday afternoon. 

At this rate, they'll be gone in about a week, assuming no more stock arrives. 

221ssk.jpg

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Correct, 75 on my iMac but mobile showed 99. I've maxed out on clubcard points and price too high, all yours guys! Look out for an IWOOT restock as those were dirt cheap.

2 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

I posted it on HDUK

hopefully that will clear Tesco down

loads of comments on the deal post everyone saying that it was a little cheaper elsewhere, so funny

because it was and still is.

Edited by Shewie