Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Also I think these will shift at £60 (+ postage on top) by around March when sets in the wild dry up.

on a £1 eBay FVF if be happy enough with the £20 QFLL profit 

The Business Account FVF is 10.8% unless VAT regstration drops it to 9% as there's never an FVF promotion. Those that paid RRP for this are into losing territory unless they can get £68 (+P&P) to pay for box and packing materials. Just hang on 18 months and all will be good.

• 2 weeks later...

We were probably due one about a week ago going by last years standards. We're due one very soon if they're going to repeat last years standards. Maybe they've got sick of people only listing expensive stuff on £1 FVF though? I know I've got a load of stuff in my sold/unsold waiting to get relisted, plus new stuff to list (all sorts, not just Lego items). Most will probably be in the same boat.

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

I'm looking on eBay sold listing and I'm reading it as this set is still averaging around £55. It's early days and I'm sure once the flippers are done we'll see it rise some more. I'm forgetting about mine until next Xmas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Yep, I think I'll hold for a while. There will be a long queue of people ready to list these at around the the £55-60 mark for an easy £20 profit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BarryZola said:

We were probably due one about a week ago going by last years standards. We're due one very soon if they're going to repeat last years standards. Maybe they've got sick of people only listing expensive stuff on £1 FVF though? I know I've got a load of stuff in my sold/unsold waiting to get relisted, plus new stuff to list (all sorts, not just Lego items). Most will probably be in the same boat.

Yes. I think we will see more 25%, 50% off fvf instead of a flat fee approach.

Guest TabbyBoy
11 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Yes. I think we will see more 25%, 50% off fvf instead of a flat fee approach.

I wish the FVF was 5.25% like the old days. eBay are such greedy bastards now and I'm surprised that there's nobody competing with them yeat. There's ebid, but it has very little exposure but, has even more crooks!

Guest TabbyBoy
40 minutes ago, Val-E said:

10% here starting next month!

What do you mean? It's already 10% for those that sell privately.

For private or business sellers?

Business is 9% +VAT (10.8%) with no promotions, ever!

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Val-E said:

I said HERE ie not UK. It used to be 8%

It depends if you're still in Spain or not. BTW... any plans of a Spexit referendum? ;-)

In the UK, there's some rumours flying around that it's increasing to 12.5% for Private Sellers with no more FVF promotions, no change for Business Sellers. Listings should be free, but there will be a charge of 10% of the start price (minimum 25p) if the auction item doesn't sell and a 5% fee if the BIN item doesn't sell. I think it's a great idea and may put a stop to idiots listing at extortionate prices and flooding the pages before you get to the prices you want to pay. It'll also encourage regular sellers selling multiple items to move to a business account which makes them very visible to HMRC. If you do you paperwork and pay tax, it's not an issue.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
44 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s clearly a Tabby joke. Anyway you would work around it by changing the value of the listing to 1p or buy it yourself.

Straight up. A 1p listing would still carry a 25p unsold fee. It would be good if eBay could crack down somehow on those timewasters that set prices so high that they never get sold. I remember calling bluff on one guy who was selling a Mars Rover for £99.99 (while still available). I thought he priced it high to put buyers off while waiting for more stock However, I bought it and I was told that his shipment to him from Lego was "stuck'. I relished giving negative feedback as not-in-hand should mean that it shouldn't be listed.

so you buy it yourself with another account and don´t pay. Even 100% commission on 1p sounds ok. Or, let me guess - the 25p fee would be on sales too.

They might as well just charge you for every log-on you make if that is the case.

Doubt it´s true.

Edited by Val-E

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

In The Netherlands there's no listing fee for listing on eBay. The eBay sale-commission is 8,41% of the final price. 

well, I guess they are just applying a Brexit tax in the UK and we´ll be fine then.

Seriously, they should harmonise their fees and promos if they allow cross-border trade.