Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

20 minutes ago, thebluewizard said:

The minifigs on this set alone will make sure this set will do well post EOL. 

Until they get released from Lego Dimensions. Seems like most new licences are getting there minifigs in that theme aswell i.e. BTTF, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who etc.

3 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

Until they get released from Lego Dimensions. Seems like most new licences are getting there minifigs in that theme aswell i.e. BTTF, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who etc.

Level/story/team/fun packs contain 2 minifigures at most so it's doubtful that all four Beatles would be released that way. Just look at the two Ghostbusters teams where only one of four members (Peter Venkman/Abby Yates) got a minifigure released through Dimensions so far.

• 2 weeks later...

My local Lego store in Liverpool are doing an early release and signing session with the designer of the submarine kit tomorrow.

Do you think an autographed box will add any value?

I asked a while ago about a signed land speeder that I have and the consensus on here was that it wouldn't add any value.

2 minutes ago, giannini78 said:

My local Lego store in Liverpool are doing an early release and signing session with the designer of the submarine kit tomorrow.

I asked a while ago about a signed land speeder that I have and the consensus on here was that it wouldn't add any value.

Try for Paul or Ringo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giannini78 said:

First instinct was yeah... But then I thought  who's going to know the signature from Adams? And unless you get some cert of authenticity most will probably be suspect or go for one in a mint box. 

So I'd be tempted to say you might get a few extra bucks but IMO probably nothing extra.

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

First instinct was yeah... But then I thought  who's going to know the signature from Adams? And unless you get some cert of authenticity most will probably be suspect or go for one in a mint box. 

So I'd be tempted to say you might get a few extra bucks but IMO probably nothing extra.

Unless it's Paul or Ringo, it'll probably become an un-mint box ;-) I'm giving it large on these but, not until they've been out a while longer and... if Tesco comes up trumps again!

2 hours ago, giannini78 said:

I would guess not, but limited supporting data.  Below is my only example:

- 21012 Sydney Opera House is $116.62 at Jet.com (signed),  compared to $98.02 w/ Prime at Amazon.com (unsigned).

Just been reading the review on brickset and some (I.e most) of the comments are quite dismissive cos it's 'only the Beatles 'or 'they have no meaning these days' or 'no one over 30 knows who they are'. I'm flummoxed, do these people think Wall-E is the epitome of culture? 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, doon73 said:

Just been reading the review on brickset and some (I.e most) of the comments are quite dismissive cos it's 'only the Beatles 'or 'they have no meaning these days' or 'no one over 30 knows who they are'. I'm flummoxed, do these people think Wall-E is the epitome of culture? 

Don't you mean under 30?

I am nowhere near heavy of a Beatles fan as many are yet still impressed by this in my opinion very faithful design. Though a number of people probably have not watched the source material's film, I cannot think of anyone who has never heard about The Beatles. Shoot, you can't take a basic music class without the band being spotlighted at least a little.

• Like 1

Well, it sold out at Tesco within about 24 hours, and you had to physically search for the set (although that was probably all of us buying them up in the hope and anticipation that SAH goes oos). Either way, with a decent promo available I'm guessing 24 hours. Some sets on eBay have already been making 1.5 x RRP for all the eager beavers that couldn't wait!!!

15 minutes ago, willbeesley1994 said:

Praying they do I have 240 on order from tesco

I knew it was someone here who cleared then out. I would be wary getting that many tbh, unless you already have buyers lined up. All of the usual places that stock ideas sets are getting them, but it will definitely sell out, however you need to sell really quick as will be another technic porsche situation.