Ideas #015: 21306 - Yellow Submarine

dcdfan

52 minutes ago, cladner said:

have you heard whether these will be available at TRU - I haven't heard/seen any photos or reported sightings of these at a TRU which sometimes will be the only place outside LEGO store and shop at home to get these IDEAS sets on release day.

I found them already on the shelves at two different TRU last week, niether would let me buy but one is holding a set for tomorrow.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Amazon are taking orders but stating dispatch is between 2-5 weeks . . . .

It was like that yesterday aswell.

Available at Smyths and John Lewis aswell

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-bricks/c-788/lego-specials/p-21335/lego-the-beatles-yellow-submarine-21306/

https://m.johnlewis.com/lego-ideas-21306-the-beatles-yellow-submarine/p/3078189

Went to the 3:00 PM minibuild at my Lego store, and they had dozens on the shelves. I asked the manager and she said, "They sent us so many of these..." I was planning on buying one... not sure why... maybe to build... maybe a gift ... maybe sell... but in the end, had to leave them there.

3 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Went to the 3:00 PM minibuild at my Lego store, and they had dozens on the shelves. I asked the manager and she said, "They sent us so many of these..." I was planning on buying one... not sure why... maybe to build... maybe a gift ... maybe sell... but in the end, had to leave them there.

LEGO learned from RI.  It is the Beatles afterall ;)

Built it last night. It's awesome. Regardless of the investment opportunity, this set is fantastic. The build was fun, not repetitive, and the end result is pretty spectacular. I ended up getting 2 at the lego store. I got the Christmas promo set and two ornaments...if I can sell those for $30 total it will put my buy in around $45 each which for me as my own build and for the other for pops for the holiday's I'm good on that...it really is a cool set. I will post some pics later when I can shoot em :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, midbenne said:

Built it last night. It's awesome. Regardless of the investment opportunity, this set is fantastic. The build was fun, not repetitive, and the end result is pretty spectacular. I ended up getting 2 at the lego store. I got the Christmas promo set and two ornaments...if I can sell those for $30 total it will put my buy in around $45 each which for me as my own build and for the other for pops for the holiday's I'm good on that...it really is a cool set. I will post some pics later when I can shoot em :)

May there be millions more like you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

May there be millions more like you.

Oh there will be, but there will also be millions more (most likely UNLIKE those here) who want to stock up on this not really knowing the depth of what a true horde can accomplish. I see almost no investment value here besides it's likely to be the only Beatles Lego set ever but will the massive amount of hoarded sets outweigh any future gains?Tough to see, but unless you want to wait a decade plus, this guy will likely be a great candidate for personal builders and all Beatles fans. Unless Lego pulls the plug and it retires after this first run, which seems a bit unlikely based on their recent output strategies, it's not likely to be a huge winner IMO. 

Edited by midbenne

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just got mine, I can honestly say it's simply the best LEGO set in a very long time and the best IDEAS set, period! These are going to knock the Delorean for six, a dead cert!

Surely Beatles fans must outweigh BTTF fans by at least 10:1, right?

Edited by TabbyBoy

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've just got mine, I can honestly say it's simply the best LEGO set in a very long time and the best IDEAS set, period! These are going to knock the Delorean for six, a dead cert!

Surely Beatles fans must outweigh BTTF fans by at least 10:1, right?

Nope, most are dead now.

• Like 3