Fake, Counterfeit, Knockoff, Illegal, Garbage, Crap Set & Minifigure Thread: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Wow. Nice morning read.

For those just waking up:

Ronald Reagan is the cause of global warming, and we need more Solyndra companies or the world is going to end from global warming.

Typical liberal taking points. All about feelings and not about facts. Anyone else read that electric cars have more CO2 emissions than diesel cars? Oops, doesn’t fit the narrative.

I might suggest Milton Friedman’s pencil analogy to better understand the evil capitalists

• Like 1

This thread is so far off the rails that we're pretty much on mag-levs right now.

44 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

hooooooly $hit.  What did I walk into. I thought i was going to start my day of with some good bogus bricks bashing, but boy was I wrong.  This thread is as toxic as a bogus bricks brick. I think it's time for a group hug.

It got super political then got into debates on social and economic theories then went to straight-up toxic trolling.

We have no use for group hugs. It's PITCHFORK TIME!

7 minutes ago, TANV said:

This thread is so far off the rails that we're pretty much on mag-levs right now.

It got super political then got into debates on social and economic theories then went to straight-up toxic trolling.

We have no use for group hugs. It's PITCHFORK TIME!

image.thumb.gif.2979e2fda6e134930a853c79eef2cffe.gif

I think we are mostly adults here.  It's OK to have a serious discussion from time to time.  I personally think it makes for a vibrant and quality forum and breaks up the monotony.  Opinions vary and while I always don't always agree, I try to learn something.  I realized long ago there are a lot smarter people than I, but that doesn't always translate to success or a happy life.  I try to be somewhat respectful and funny, but that doesn't always work out.  Sometimes it's difficult to judge tone or sarcasm on the internet and that is where issues start.  Truth is usually somewhere in between all the opinions.  

Bottom line to me with these bogus bricks is that they are illegal and bad for us collectors and resellers.  But I can also agree that LEGO products are overpriced and generally for the affluent and there are millions of kids that will never get the option to play with these great products because they cannot afford them.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

Wow. Nice morning read.

For those just waking up:

Ronald Reagan is the cause of global warming, and we need more Solyndra companies or the world is going to end from global warming.

Typical liberal taking points. All about feelings and not about facts. Anyone else read that electric cars have more CO2 emissions than diesel cars? Oops, doesn’t fit the narrative.

I might suggest Milton Friedman’s pencil analogy to better understand the evil capitalists

The validity of this one study is very much in question and from what I have briefly read is likely very inaccurate, it assumes electric car batteries are toxic waste at the end of their life, it assumes a high level of coal generated electricity powering the electric vehicles. Well ya if you get all your electricity from burning coal its gonna be a lot worse than if you assume a more accurate mix of sources. Furthermore who funded the study, could it be folks pushing for methane based vehicles? People who understand science and its methods have the sense to question such things before making foolish statements claiming a single paper proves an erroneous statement. You should stick with whatever it is your good at and leave the science to those who understand the scientific method. A single paper does not prove anything especially one so fraught with erroneous assumptions. They don't even include the cost and products of making the diesel fuel while they tally all the cost and byproducts of the whole construction of the electric vehicle. Furthermore while CO2 levels are a real problem perhaps you need a little time spent in a closed area with a running diesel vehicle to understand the true health impacts of burning fossil fuels. 

Lastly anyone who things Reagan is so great should read a little bit of history, a senile fool who oversaw the most corrupt administration in history ( ever hear of Iran Contra), Reaganonomics (economic ideas so terribly flawed even Bush senior called them out), Destroyer of Labor Unions ( a true enemy of the working folk), destroyed any chance for middle east peace thanks Reagan doctrine. Some folks are just so absolutely ignorant they don't even realize how much they don't know. At least scientists question and always retest their hypothesis and are open to the possibility they are wrong.

Edited by junkrigger

48 minutes ago, junkrigger said:

The validity of this one study is very much in question and from what I have briefly read is likely very inaccurate, it assumes electric car batteries are toxic waste at the end of their life, it assumes a high level of coal generated electricity powering the electric vehicles. Well ya if you get all your electricity from burning coal its gonna be a lot worse than if you assume a more accurate mix of sources. Furthermore who funded the study, could it be folks pushing for methane based vehicles? People who understand science and its methods have the sense to question such things before making foolish statements claiming a single paper proves an erroneous statement. You should stick with whatever it is your good at and leave the science to those who understand the scientific method. A single paper does not prove anything especially one so fraught with erroneous assumptions. They don't even include the cost and products of making the diesel fuel while they tally all the cost and byproducts of the whole construction of the electric vehicle. Furthermore while CO2 levels are a real problem perhaps you need a little time spent in a closed area with a running diesel vehicle to understand the true health impacts of burning fossil fuels. 

Lastly anyone who things Reagan is so great should read a little bit of history, a senile fool who oversaw the most corrupt administration in history ( ever hear of Iran Contra), Reaganonomics (economic ideas so terribly flawed even Bush senior called them out), Destroyer of Labor Unions ( a true enemy of the working folk), destroyed any chance for middle east peace thanks Reagan doctrine. Some folks are just so absolutely ignorant they don't even realize how much they don't know. At least scientists question and always retest their hypothesis and are open to the possibility they are wrong.

I want to be more ignorant.  I have always found mentally challenged people to be the happiest.  Ignorance is bliss...

Flawed study? Where does lithium for these batteries come from? Fairy dust? At least the thousands of kids in Congo working in mines for our eco friendly coal powered batteries walk to their slave labor and not use those evil combustion engines.

If Reagan is a senile old fool, please tell me who is better? The gas lines w Carter were great Im told.

The IFO study presents a false comparison, looking at what Diesel engine produces in terms of C02 emissions over the course of 10 years or 100,000 miles, compared to the emissions produced via producing the battery for an electric car and the coal powered electricity used to provide it power for 10 years. What the study leaves out is the massive energy used to drill, pump, transport, refine oil into diesel, then transport it again to the point of sale over a similar time frame. Electric cars certainly aren’t carbon neutral, but it is incredibly misleading and logically flawed to compare the two the way the study did.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Everyone should have one of these...

image.png

Watch out for Karma...  lol

My wife and I seriously looked into an electric-car for her commute.  (I walk for my commute).  The problem we have is we don't have a garage.  What car companies don't tell you is electric car batteries have their own climate control.  They have to stay at a precise temp in order to work properly.  Since we would have to leave ours outside in the elements (95 F in summer months, 1-10 F in winter months) we would have to leave it plugged in around the clock.  The constant exposure to the elements may cause the battery life-expectancy to be shorter as well.  This info is based upon my person conversation with an engineer (not sales guy) who works for one of the bigger auto companies with electric cars.  My wife and I looked into this last summer and opted to go with an economy gas powered car. 

Last winter, people, especially in the Midwest USA, found out the hard way when the deep-freeze hit and their electric car batteries drained much faster than normal due to the extremely low temps.  My wife and I were thankful we went the route we did after hearing those stories.  

Another issue; electric-car battery life-expectancy is around 10 years.  But no one knows for sure.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Watch out for Karma...  lol

My wife and I seriously looked into an electric-car for her commute.  (I walk for my commute).  The problem we have is we don't have a garage.  What car companies don't tell you is electric car batteries have their own climate control.  They have to stay at a precise temp in order to work properly.  Since we would have to leave ours outside in the elements (95 F in summer months, 1-10 F in winter months) we would have to leave it plugged in around the clock.  The constant exposure to the elements may cause the battery life-expectancy to be shorter as well.  This info is based upon my person conversation with an engineer (not sales guy) who works for one of the bigger auto companies with electric cars.  My wife and I looked into this last summer and opted to go with an economy gas powered car. 

Last winter, people, especially in the Midwest USA, found out the hard way when the deep-freeze hit and their electric car batteries drained much faster than normal due to the extremely low temps.  My wife and I were thankful we went the route we did after hearing those stories.  

Another issue; electric-car battery life-expectancy is around 10 years.  But no one knows for sure.

Beautiful car.  The new technology is amazing, but quirky.  Give it time and people will figure out how to make it more reliable.  As the owner on a car wash and quick lube, I see all sorts of new electric and hybrid cars.   Unfortunately, many of the owners have a hard time operating them.  Just shifting some of the newer cars into neutral is a chore.  I appreciate the low emissions though.  

On a side note, I love my new 20v Dewalt weed wacker and hedge trimmer.  I will never go back to gas again!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Migration said:

Shifting? Lol. It’s always hilarious when any of my kids’ friends get in my car for the first time, every single one of them eventually asks what the hell I’m doing as I drive.

I would say 80% of people have no idea what a clutch or neutral is.  Even these new high end sports cars comes with paddle shifters.  Heck, I learned to drive a stick on a column shifter on my father's Ford truck.  That would blow some people's minds. LOL

• Like 1

I would say 80% of people have no idea what a clutch or neutral is.  Even these new high end sports cars comes with paddle shifters.  Heck, I learned to drive a stick on a column shifter on my father's Ford truck.  That would blow some people's minds. LOL

Column shifter...Wow, been awhile since I’ve seen one of those. At this point a stick is damn near an anti theft device.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

My boy loves the stick shift action on the WRX...he's always been into what's going on upfront...and I use it to teach him about combustion engine (spark, fuel, O2), gears (leverage), and ofcourse the chemistry behind a turbo...boy loves the the sounds of a flat 4 induction engine...basically a science lesson everytime we go for a drive...and he loves it. 

Looking forward to building the Porsche so I can show him the boxer in motion.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

image.thumb.png.282025de1fceeb8375098c98aafd4f22.png

We should all feel bad for all the entitled cheapskates who won't get their bootleg bricks.

I hope none of them make too much noise stomping around the basement and wake their mom up after reading the news.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...