[MOC] Jabba's Favourite Decoration

dimnico

Hi guys, here is a little MOC I put together. 

29769737133_6e8702929d_c.jpgIMG_20161014_164521 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

I had a few spare bits lying around and had recently acquired a Tauntaun so I thought I would put it to good use! 

29770844104_8529296490_c.jpgDSC_1899 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

29770846314_5eec06b763_c.jpgDSC_1942 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

I wanted to make this as movie accurate as possible so that is why the colour palette on this build is more grey, to reflect the night time setting of the scene, rather than the traditional tan colours of Jabba's Palace. I should point out the gungan head isnt movie accurate but I put that in for a bit of fun!

30104191980_da55216dae_c.jpgIMG_20161014_192613 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

However I did also build a tan version using parts from the Jabba's Palace and Mos Eisley official sets. 

29770843594_0053502c24_c.jpgIMG_20161009_221534 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Which do you prefer, tan or grey? 

Hope you enjoy and as always any feedback, advice or suggestions for new MOCs are always welcome! 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, KShine said:

Nice job - Definitely the bley.

I now feel inspired to create something - Maybe it would help to shake me out of my ever-deepening LEGO funk.

First of all thanks! Second of all just have fun, if you feel in a funk step away for a bit, shake the cobwebs and come back fresher and better than before! If this has inspired you then that makes me feel great and please do share! 

27 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

@dimnico... You are a genius and very creative. If you're not making big money on your ideas, you certainly should be!

Wow! That is high praise indeed! I really appreciate your comments! At the moment this is all for fun but maybe one day I can turn my hobby into something more?

• Like 1

With the right lighting to match the scene the tan version could look better but as is the gray provides a nicely well-defined contrast.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, dimnico said:

At the moment this is all for fun but maybe one day I can turn my hobby into something more?

That would be a goal to shoot for, only remember to have fun always. There are times where even if you are not in the mood to create, it can help yourself just to slap some random thing together. Also be careful to not find yourself creating designs just for a commission as the hobby you used to love can now become a grind.

• Like 2

With the right lighting to match the scene the tan version could look better but as is the gray provides a nicely well-defined contrast.

That would be a goal to shoot for, only remember to have fun always. There are times where even if you are not in the mood to create, it can help yourself just to slap some random thing together. Also be careful to not find yourself creating designs just for a commission as the hobby you used to love can now become a grind.

I totally agree! I couldn't imagine having to build something and finding it a chore. I do it because it's fun and like you say I love just picking up random bricks and turning them into something completely unexpected!