Technic 2017

ISO8T0

Just a bit confused why they've called it an air race jet.
It's clearly based on the F-35, but why would you need all the added weight of a second engine for vtol on a jet meant for racing?
Does look smart but the name just doesn't make sense. 

They don't make sets based on military vehicles of any kind. That's why it's a race jet.

1 minute ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'd have still gone for something like Hover Jet or Jump Jet rather than Race Jet though. 

Lol, I may be wrong but looks to me like you know more about planes than an average person......so/and you're overthinking it IMO. I wouldnt know/couldn't care about things like that. Looks cool to me :) 

p.s. Can I even call it plane....

I'd have still gone for something like Hover Jet or Jump Jet rather than Race Jet though. 

The name is silly I agree there. Jump Jet might be a little close to the Harrier Jump Jet though.

Should have called it "VTO Jet with Silly Opening Roll Cage, errrr, Cockpit." They blew it with that stupid hose mimicking a windscreen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Yet another Technic bike spoiled by forgetting to put a seat on it again! Who want's to place their arse straight onto hot bodywork?

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:37 PM, Fenix_2k1 said:

Or for those in the UK, just Jet

I'll be back in 8 minutes ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Val-E said:

and the 3 2H set will be:

42068 Fire Rescue Vehicle

42069 Extreme Adventure

42070 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck (probably the flagship model, RC and maybe using PF 2.0).

We´ll see pics at the beginning of February.

Is confirmed that this set is RC?This will be bummer because I rather use RC in lego sets, and they are overpriced and unusable.

13 hours ago, Ondra said:

Is confirmed that this set is RC?This will be bummer because I rather use RC in lego sets, and they are overpriced and unusable.

As you will have seen over at EBs, prelim photos are now out and it is a full RC with IR receiver set, similar to 9398. Looks like it is a Merc clone, with or without licence. No pics from other sets yet and one set number is missing.

12 hours ago, Val-E said:

As you will have seen over at EBs, prelim photos are now out and it is a full RC with IR receiver set, similar to 9398. Looks like it is a Merc clone, with or without licence. No pics from other sets yet and one set number is missing.

More than Mercedes reminds me some military grade wrecker from Oshkosh.Teddy bear is nice touch, looks like some redneck upgrade .

I only hope, that this RC is a lot more functional than 9398.

But still, Im interested in extreme adventurer.Could have some cool suspension/tracks combination as some say with great looking body(Presumably similar to Land Rover).