21034 - London

Sfcommando14

25 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

In the London store it costs 45 GBP while the German price is supposed to be 40 Euros. For the piece count 40 Euros seems to be in line with the previous 3 sets of the theme. How come it is 45 GBP in the London store? Seems a little bit overpriced.

Maybe LEGO anticipates a further drop in value of the GBP to equal or maybe even below Euro level? And they've already priced the London Skyline set accordingly? :P 

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:39 AM, nabby1973 said:

Here's mine from the store opening yesterday:

Don't be in a rush to sell as eBay could be flooded with them soon. Just look at the price of Mr Gold now and this could be worth a lot more! An ex colleague also got one but, the silly sod sold it to a collector outside in the queue for only £100 once we got outside - he didn't ask me!

Well done!

The 21034 is dreadful value for money and will be everywhere withn a few weeks. The time to sell is now. I've listed mine to just break even as I was only trying to bump up my purchase for the freebies.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Don't be in a rush to sell as eBay could be flooded with them soon. Just look at the price of Mr Gold now and this could be worth a lot more! An ex colleague also got one but, the silly sod sold it to a collector outside in the queue for only £100 once we got outside - he didn't ask me!

Well done!

The 21034 is dreadful value for money and will be everywhere withn a few weeks. The time to sell is now. I've listed mine to just break even as I was only trying to bump up my purchase for the freebies.

Wow, the person outside in the queue must have thought it was his lucky day!

I've got two 21034 sets. One is for me to keep and build and the other is for a friend. I kind of went for the experience (which was mixed) and the fact that right now I can easily go without hassle from work.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, nabby1973 said:

Wow, the person outside in the queue must have thought it was his lucky day!

I've got two 21034 sets. One is for me to keep and build and the other is for a friend. I kind of went for the experience (which was mixed) and the fact that right now I can easily go without hassle from work.

Same here, I didn't really intend to buy anything at first and only got the 21034 and London Bus to get the freebies. I've just sold my 21034 for £65 and 40220 for £15 this morning which paid for my visit last night. As experiences go, it's nowhere near the top of my list ;-) It was worth my 10min wait in the queue but, I'm glad I waited no longer than that and I doubt I'll go again.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy
On 11/17/2016 at 9:54 PM, Baker92A6 said:

one listed for £2,500 bin - 16 watchers...

Remember.... 99.99% of watchers are competitors ?

I'd rather eBay remove the feature as it's so misleading.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, freakchem said:

Is it the right time to discuss this set? With all 2017 skyline sets are gone (Chicago and Sydney), I don't know how much time London still get. Hopefully not as long as New York....

Yes, especially with the likes of Amazon France having it at -50% compared to UK prices. I've been getting friends to load up for me over there and I'll pick them up on my next booze cruise this Summer. I think London is a dreadful city, but a lot of foreigners love it so it's a chicken dinner in my book ?

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

Getting ready to load up on this set now.  I doubt it will go EOL in Q4 but there aren't many options.  I want the U.S. Capital but wont pay MSRP & have close to 500 NYC now so this is my only option to diversify. 

You might be waiting longer for those NYC's to mature than the Londons. 

• 2 years later...