New London Lego Shop Opening

thebrickdad

20 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

To be honest I was very surprised at how small the supposedly biggest LEGO store was so the others must be tiny! I wasn't that inspired to be honest and in no rush to visit another.

I love the contrasting reviews of the jaded Brickpicker vs the enthusiastic Euro-bricker. Reading this review the place sounds pretty amazing. Did you not care for all the details they point out?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143464-review-new-lego-store-leicester-square-london/

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I love the contrasting reviews of the jaded Brickpicker vs the enthusiastic Euro-bricker. Reading this review the place sounds pretty amazing. Did you not care for all the details they point out?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143464-review-new-lego-store-leicester-square-london/

Since LEGO is the World's largest toy company and I've NEVER been to a LEGO store before last night, I honestly expected something a lot larger with a lot more sets and builds on display. Even though a little chaos was expected, the crowds just made the visit miserable and I underestimated the amount of people queueing up and blocking the aisles. I have an intense intolerance to crowds and I hate queueing which is why I had to give up my airport job and refused to accept a very well paid new position in London.

I'm far from jaded and I love the company and products but, I thought it was just an ordinary disappointing store that was dangerously overcrowded and it's not my idea of a good time I'm afraid. I may pop in again when there's an offer worth pursuing but, I won't make a special journey to go.

Sorry but, I just set my expectations too high.

I've seen some pictures and it looks pretty amazing imo. Definitely worth a visit if you're in London.

582eeee91a00002400cc89b8.jpeg

ad_226339409.jpg

582eef711a00002400cc89b9.jpeg

582ef2071a00002500cc89c7.jpeg

582ef2001700002600e7b2c7.jpeg

582ef20c180000ca0330ed0a.jpeg

582ef201180000ca0330ed06.jpeg

Sources:

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Since LEGO is the World's largest toy company and I've NEVER been to a LEGO store before last night, I honestly expected something a lot larger with a lot more sets and builds on display. Even though a little chaos was expected, the crowds just made the visit miserable and I underestimated the amount of people queueing up and blocking the aisles. I have an intense intolerance to crowds and I hate queueing which is why I had to give up my airport job and refused to accept a very well paid new position in London.

I'm far from jaded and I love the company and products but, I thought it was just an ordinary disappointing store that was dangerously overcrowded and it's not my idea of a good time I'm afraid. I may pop in again when there's an offer worth pursuing but, I won't make a special journey to go.

Not sure what you were expecting Tabby. Maybe you're just used to seeing huge quantities of Lego? I don't think anyone enjoys shopping when it's super crowded. Especially when it's a bunch of people waiting in line to get their hands on something scarce. I don't get to visit Lego stores that often personally, but I always enjoy looking at the displays and buying some small stuff. I'd say check it out when it's less crowded, but it's at Leicester Square so you might be out of luck there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Sorry about the jaded tag. I didn't mean anything mean spirited by it. I was just surprised anyone would be less than impressed after seeing those pictures.

My wife feels similarly about crowds and would have hated that too, so I totally understand. 

Hard to appreciate the details when you're feeling very uncomfortable.

8 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Don't sweat it.  Most of my fun is seeing the delight in my kids with the BAM and PAB.  I don't own a lot of exclusives, so I enjoy seeing those huge boxes, but I can understand the issues with overcrowding and poor queuing lanes.  Freebies and early access would be the only reason I'd endure that mess.