My First Year as a Lego Reseller and What I've learned from BrickPicker

Phil B

29 minutes ago, Gondorian said:

30 columns does seem a bit excessive!

On my stock sheet, other than what you mention, I track the Condition, where I bought it from, when I bought it, where it is now and a status to reference when I last saw it (to confirm how confident that it is where I think it is). I could add a column for Notes on the condition, but haven't yet.

To name a few:

Purchase outlet, outlet location, distance driven to pick up, price, discount, avg item price (if I bought multiples), order status, part out value with minifigs, part out value without minifigs, # available to sell, # sold ....

• Like 1

Just now, Phil B said:

To name a few:

Purchase outlet, outlet location, distance driven to pick up, price, discount, avg item price (if I bought multiples), order status, part out value with minifigs, part out value without minifigs, # available to sell, # sold ....

Oh wow. That is detailed.

But is there just one row per set number rather than multiple rows (one per copy of that set)? Sometimes I have bought different sets from 5 or more places and they are in varying conditions. I have a Copy number in the column next to the set number so I know which copy I am referring to.

Just now, Gondorian said:

Oh wow. That is detailed.

But is there just one row per set number rather than multiple rows (one per copy of that set)? Sometimes I have bought different sets from 5 or more places and they are in varying conditions. I have a Copy number in the column next to the set number so I know which copy I am referring to.

Every purchase (can be multiple sets) gets a row. I get my averages from a Pivot Table when needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm an investor in Lego sets to, I think that was a great article. But I have same VERY bad news. 

Toys R Us declared bankruptcy!!?? It will take a few months to close the doors, But there going to close down SOON! So see if there's a sale going on at your nearest Toys R Us store, there mite be one! If so, you should take advantage of the sale! 

So get in wile you can, before the Toys R Us stores close!! 

• 2 weeks later...