Architecture 2017

Val-E

Chicago is a must for me.

59 minutes ago, Haay said:

Interesting how the Chicago box is vertical oriented, while the London and Sydney boxes are horizontal oriented. 

Maybe because the buildings in the set are more tall and slim than in the other 2 sets, definitely London set has short and fat buildings vs chicago's 2 skyscrapers. Sydney set is somewhere in the middle, between fat/short and tall/skinny.

whats the red building in Chicago set? Is that a CNA building? If that's the case lego missed on adding the Roosevelt university right next to it that has a blue color and both buildings complement each other. white church is included, this set would have white, red and blue right next to each other....but nooooo, we get red and white only...

Edited by Lordoflego

2 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

My knowledge of sydney amd chicago is really poor, apart from SOH I can't name any of the other landmarks :/

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to name them all? Are they famous enough to deserve sets?

I know Chicago because of almost 2 decades here, I know London either because they really are famous buildings or because I'm European or because I've seen all of the London buildings in previous sets I think  (besides the carousel, didn't know about it in London), Sydney only soh and the needle I think

At least they got some angle on the Hancock now vs. their original go at it with just straight pcs. I like London and Chicago a great deal. Can't wait to actually build all these...they are simple sets and nothing to crazy but they're cool and give a decent idea as to some elements of some of these cities. 

(Got that image from here: http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/11/16/13655322/chicago-skyline-lego-set-architecture-series)Chicago_Skyline_Image.0.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, midbenne said:

At least they got some angle on the Hancock now vs. their original go at it with just straight pcs. I like London and Chicago a great deal. Can't wait to actually build all these...they are simple sets and nothing to crazy but they're cool and give a decent idea as to some elements of some of these cities. 

(Got that image from here: http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/11/16/13655322/chicago-skyline-lego-set-architecture-series)

Is the river green?  lol  That's awesome.  I love that they do that for St Paddy's Day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Is the river green?  lol  That's awesome.  I love that they do that for St Paddy's Day.

As you said, usually for St. Paddy's day but all other days, besides when the Cubs won the world series, it's nasty brown! :) But something tells me translucent brown pcs wouldn't have had the same effect as the ones above. 

Edited by midbenne
  • Like 4

On 11/16/2016 at 2:55 PM, Mhd747 said:

My knowledge of sydney amd chicago is really poor, apart from SOH I can't name any of the other landmarks :/

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to name them all? Are they famous enough to deserve sets?

Chicago's skyline has Hancock Center, Willis/Sears Tower, Wrigley Building, CNA Building, Millennium Park/Cloudgate, and a representation of the Chicago River (with bridge) that separates the two sides of the city - north and south.  Each side of town is represented best by their baseball teams - Cubs on the North Side and White Sox on the south (though not in set).

Guest TabbyBoy

The London set is way overpriced at £44.99 when I bought one at the LSq opening. At least it's a QFLL before the widespread release and I've already sold it to pay for the London Bus and T-shirt.

TBH I think the detail is too vague to make the skyline sets worthwhile.

45 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

TBH I think the detail is too vague to make the skyline sets worthwhile.

Having built New York and Venice I'd have to agree.  I certainly won't be stockpiling them. They are a novelty if you buy them whilst visiting the location but I can't see many people collecting them all.

have had an opportunity to purchase exclusively 21034 during grand opening of the New TLG Store in Leicester Square in London, plus had a pleasure to meet a designer and creator of this set himself - Rok Kobe who signed my newly purchased 21034 London Set, very nice and passionate person.

comment_YZMY0ckejDqdp9AO0d7MJd0inViFIVRL

• Like 3

On 17-11-2016 at 1:55 AM, Mhd747 said:

Sydney Harbour Bridge is reasonably famous. Maybe not as famous as the Opera House, but I am familiar with it. I don't know the other two buildings or any of the Chicago buildings.

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, Shewie said:

have had an opportunity to purchase exclusively 21034 during grand opening of the New TLG Store in Leicester Square in London, plus had a pleasure to meet a designer and creator of this set himself - Rok Kobe who signed my newly purchased 21034 London Set, very nice and passionate person.

I QFLL'd mine for £150 the day after! My other half then popped in the next day to pick one up for my collection - which I may, just may, QFLL too!

For those of you that have these to keep, offload asap if I were you as it's being released globally in the new year and is quite overpriced to be honest.