Architecture 2017

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy

There's also rumours of VAT going up to 22.5% so that's probably another 2.5% to add to a new LEGO sets. F knows what will be the case when (more like if!) Brexit finally happens. I thought LEGO's margins were greedy big enough to absorb a lot more than this without fleecing consumers further for a product with a noticable drop in quality.

BTW... The average of 5% is more like 10%

Guest TabbyBoy

A lot said that the 21305 maze was crap but, most sales are easily clearing £20 profit. The more negative statements about 21308 AT, the less it'll be hoarded. The 21110 RI was another slagged off gem that I made a killing on.

2 hours ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Cost's go up prices go up, thats fully understandable but it rarely ever works in reverse.

That's absolutely correct, but UK market is the only one affected with massive .price inflation, announced as a 5% ended up as a hefty 10% on most of the sets.
Hiking USD affected almost every global market, as mentioned before USD is now taking all time high status in Poland
Locally EUR/PLN exchange rates are high but Lego prices remain untouched, At the moment Polish SAH seems to be the most appealing and convenient in terms of pricing.

What does all this have to do with Architecture? We have a thread for UK / EURo market discussion and another one about the UK exchange rate. Could a mod please move this discussion there so we can speculate about the Arc de Triomphe and Guggenheim?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I'm really looking forward to the 21036 AdT. Could this be why the Louvre is rumoured to be on the way out? The 21035 Guggenheim Museum also looks good, I prefer the larger "grown up" Architecture sets and it should do OK judging by the performance of its little brother. Same with 21031 Burj Khalifa? I hate to say it, but the skylines suck, too damn undetailed IMHO and dreadful value for unlicensed sets

Since the cat is out of the bag with this theme, will the horde and QFLLs kybosh these also? Let's hope not.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...