40179 - Personalized Mosaic Portrait

38 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Can you just walk in? I'll be in England in 2 weeks and want to get this done.

You can, but theoretically you may need to wait longer. That said...it all seemed pretty wide open when I checked timeslots for booking online. Could do it the day before when you have a better idea of when you'll get to the store.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

LEGO Mosaic Maker Coming to the United States

LEGO Personalised Mosaic Portrait (40179)

The LEGO Mosaic Maker has been pretty popular in the UK, Europe, and more recently in Asia and now it will be making its way to the United States. If you’re not familiar with the Mosaic Maker, it’s basically a machine that captures an image of you and you’ll be able to get printed instructions and bricks for your LEGO portrait.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
22 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

They have this available now at Flatiron District Lego store in NY. I booked a spot to do this with the family.

I would like to see if during the December holiday promo time they will allow us to get a holiday carousel for each mosaic we do. 

FWIW, I was able to get the avail promos when I got this done for my son in London.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm in the process of pixalatingj a mountain biking scene to see how a LEGO mural would look on the wall of our spare room. I currently estimate 322,350 1x1 pieces for the project. On the other hand, since I have a 54" wide format printer, I could simply print the 1x1s on wallpaper first after comparing LEGO colours to my pantone book. If it then looks as superb as I think, LEGO CS will be getting a call. They've done deals on weird orders in the past.