Hennessey Venom GT Spyder

loxlego

7 hours ago, lego rules said:

Superb job!  Just finished your Ferrari FXX and look forward to building this one as well when instructions are made!

Wow, you've already built the Ferrari?! You're quick! I'm actually torn right now, this red car is so awesome on my desk I don't want to tear it down! I've got to say, it really has an incredible appeal to it in real life. Do you have any photos of the Ferrari? Did you do it in red?

4 minutes ago, loxlego said:

Wow, you've already built the Ferrari?! You're quick! I'm actually torn right now, this red car is so awesome on my desk I don't want to tear it down! I've got to say, it really has an incredible appeal to it in real life. Do you have any photos of the Ferrari? Did you do it in red?

It wasn't a difficult build, so it didn't take long to build and the instructions by Thorston were excellent as well, making it problem free.  I had most of it done in a couple of nights but I had to wait for some orders to come in to finish it off.  I did build it in red and it looks absolutely fantastic.  I will be posting pictures in your thread on Eurobricks after I get some stickers delivered which I ordered.

I have been chatting with your brother and I will be lending you guys some goodies to see what creations you can come up with.

Keep up the great work!

2 hours ago, lego rules said:

It wasn't a difficult build, so it didn't take long to build and the instructions by Thorston were excellent as well, making it problem free.  I had most of it done in a couple of nights but I had to wait for some orders to come in to finish it off.  I did build it in red and it looks absolutely fantastic.  I will be posting pictures in your thread on Eurobricks after I get some stickers delivered which I ordered.

I have been chatting with your brother and I will be lending you guys some goodies to see what creations you can come up with.

Keep up the great work!

Well it's very cool to have a fellow builder so close to home. Thanks for the goodies, Very interested in more power ? I have a feeling you'll find the Hennessey Venom a difficult build. I am not looking forward to the reverse engineering I'll be doing of the instructions with a build this size and complexity... 

15 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

About how much is it to bricklink a beauty like this? 

Most people who build MOC's like this have the vast majority of the parts.  If you had no parts to work with, I am quite certain it would be well in excess of $400 USD to build most supercar MOC's out there.  It usually comes down to the rare parts required which can cost a lot.

16 hours ago, kd123 said:

Loxlego - Wow, and you designed the FXX too, double wow!  Amazing moc.  The FXX was already on my to build list and now I have to add this.  Love the Canadian content! 

Lego Rules - damn your fast!  I still haven't even started on the Avtoros.

Cool thanks! Yeah it's about time Canada was put on the map for Supercars ? I'd love to see photos of your fxx when you're done!

17 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Sweet, thanks for sharing. When it comes to this moc, you're a genius. How many others did you make already? About how much is it to bricklink a beauty like this? 

I bet this car would cost around 800$+ for the complete purschase.... 

The first version of the instructions are available here:
https://goo.gl/photos/dy2DnhMWxqHDehmh9

Professional instructions by Thorsten are available very soon!
30441488414_fa19a7c564_b.jpgFramework for the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31181133116_e7a48a28ea_b.jpgIMG_2111 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31182034235_cd2952a663_b.jpgDoing tear down photos for instructions... by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

30758286320_f465787785_b.jpgIMG_1300 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31084103261_083c779332_b.jpgUntitled by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

31151606401_c9c6f4c3a4_o.jpgOverlay of the Hennessey Venom sketch and the technic car by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

• Like 3