Let's name & shame bad retailers

Guest TabbyBoy

3 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Returns in Europe are a different story, at least eastern. Try returning ANYTHING for ANY reason there...we got it good here...

Been there, done that. Fond memories of returning an alarmclock to Galeria Centrum in Warsaw (before it got made over into a modern shopping paradise) in my first week in Poland because it ran slow - only ticked 10hrs in a 12hr timespan :). Not easy when all you know is "Tak" and "Nie".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Been there, done that. Fond memories of returning an alarmclock to Galeria Centrum in Warsaw (before it got made over into a modern shopping paradise) in my first week in Poland because it ran slow - only ticked 10hrs in a 12hr timespan :). Not easy when all you know is "Tak" and "Nie".

Nothing was wrong with the clock, it was showing polish time ;) 

been there, born there.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

The result of my Small Claims Court hearing is:

I was awarded a full refund for the trashed items and offered £100 in vouchers which I refused as myself or my family are never shopping there again. I asked them to make a donation to UNICEF instead for the same amount which was agreed by all parties. A written apology is also forthcoming from head office. Of course, the process has taken up a lot of my time and it needn't have gone this far as only a simple refund was requested weeks ago.

The main problem with this company is that is very difficult to reach somebody on the phone and therefore the complaints prodecure is virtually non-existent. I had to go through the Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards in order to get the case heard and resolved. Luckily, there were no costs on my part apart from the time spent banging my head against the wall trying to get blood out of a stone. I need to submit an expenses claim for the travel to court at 45p per mile which works out at just £13.50. Whether I receive a goodwill gesture with the apology remains to be seen.

PM me if anybody needs any help with the process in the UK when ignored by the retailer.

NOBODY screws with a Tabby and gets away with it!

Edited by TabbyBoy

On 05/12/2016 at 6:06 PM, doon73 said:

Just had my first dud from Lego though in reality it was Yodel who did the damage. Have emailed Lego to see what they come back with.

Email today from Lego, £20 gift card from a £60 set. I can return or exchange as well if I wish cos it's sold out but being a gift I won't bother. They asked for feedback so I told them I was well happy. Nice on Lego! ?

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Always found PayPal to be excellent myself. Manners go a long way.

They usually are but, the they have a very awkward tie-in with TRU making the refunds process very long-winded. TRU did this in order to save on fees, this is what we found when we went to court. Of course, the customer suffers when retailers cut corners. With eBay, LEGO and other retailers, I've NEVER had a problem with PayPal. It's a shame that their assistance is limited through their contract with TRU.

Guest TabbyBoy

Please think carefully before buying online from Toys R Us in the UK. My PayPal refund due since 17NOV16 has still not been released even though it was enforced via Court Order on 06DEC16. I am now appointing a solicitor to take Toys R Us back to court and I have also written to newpapers and TV companies in the UK to expose these thieves for who they really are.

Do not pay them via PayPal under any circumstances, always use a credit card as your bank will assist sooner.

Toys R Us may appear all well and good at first... UNTIL YOU HAVE A PROBLEM !!!

Take some time to read complaints about them in the UK (they have an average 1 star out of 5 rating!) - Does this UNETHICAL company really deserve your business?

If there is a Toys R Us employee on here, I would love to hear from you via a Personal Message - thanks!

I would also like to hear of similar stories from other unhapy TRU customers and I would be interested to know if any problems were resolved and how long the process took.