70909 - Batcave Break-In

jaisonline

The latest Batcave from The Lego Batman Movie.

Retail prices = $99.99USD, CA = $129.99, UK = TBD, Europe = TBD,

Batcave.jpg

My quick opinion:

Nice overall set that KFOLs will love. 

It's good to have Alfred included in a set again (10 years ago since his last Lego minifigure version).  The Penguin reminds me of the Danny DeVito version from Tim Burton's Batman Returns film. 

The Batcave itself is "meh".  The dry cleaning-like Batsuit holder system is a nice addition. I wish the Bruce Wayne to Batman changer was more like the 2012's version which was the coolest feature of that set.

The Batboat is a newer version of past Lego versions and might be the best (my favorite is still the boat from 7780 - Hunt for Killer Croc).  Penguin's duckboat is an upgraded version of the one included in 76010 - The Penguin Face-Off.

As an investment, i'm not partaking.  The Superhero theme has too many minifigure and build refreshes for me. 

Lego's description :

Defend against The Penguin’s Duckmobile invasion of the Batcave in THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE: Batcave Break-in set. The highly detailed Batcave features a rotating transformation chamber for Bruce Wayne™ to ‘transform’ into Batman™, rotating Batcomputer control center with multiscreen elements and elevating platform function, and a prison with an exploding escape wall function. The Batcave also has a rotating wardrobe with alternative Scu-Batsuit, Raging Batsuit or the Bat-Pack Batsuit minifigure bodies for Batman. Dial up the conflict by using the Batboat’s spring-loaded missiles against the Duckmobile’s dual stud shooters and flick missiles. Includes four minifigures plus two Hench-Penguin figures.

• Includes four minifigures: Batman [plus 3 Batsuits], The Penguin™, Bruce Wayne™ and Alfred Pennyworth™, plus two Hench-Penguin figures, each with robot-style hands.
  • This action-packed set features a highly detailed Batcave, Batboat and The Penguin’s Duckmobile.
  • The Batcave features a rotating transformation chamber, raised and rotating control center with bat-shaped Batcomputer with multiscreen elements, rotating chair, elevating platform function, two cabinets to hide Batman’s Batarangs, plus Batman™ logo tile, prison with exploding escape wall function and a rotating wardrobe with three different Batsuits (minifigure bodies) for Batman.
  • Put the Bruce Wayne™ minifigure in one side of the transformation chamber and rotate to reveal the hidden Batman™ minifigure.
  • Activate the elevating platform to move a minifigure from the ground to the Batcomputer control center.
  • Select Scu-Batsuit, Raging Batsuit or the Bat-Pack Batsuit minifigure bodies for Batman™ from the rotating wardrobe.
  • The Batboat has a minifigure cockpit, two spring-loaded missiles with secret trigger, four stud shooters and rear batwings.
  • The Penguin’s Duckmobile features a minifigure cockpit with adjustable lever, two dual stud shooters, 2 flick missiles and a rotating propeller.
  • Weapons include Batman’s two Batarangs and the Hench-Penguins’ buzzsaws.
  • Accessory elements include Batman’s cape and new-for-spring-2017 molded utility belt, breathing device, flippers, microphone and gold-colored cowl, The Penguin’s fur-style collar, umbrella and top hat, and Bruce Wayne’s glass.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 8+.
  • Batcave measures over 8” (21cm) high, 15” (40 cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
  • Batboat measures over 2” (6cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
  • Duckmobile measures over 3” (9cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 3” (10cm) wide.

70909_alt1.jpg

70909_alt3.jpg

70909_alt8.jpg

70909_alt9.jpg

161125c-lego-batman-movie-70909-batcave-break-in.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Liquidsmoke420 said:

Does anyone feel that this set will have good investment down the road?  Considering jumping on it since its on sale at Walmart.

I think this will be a 2 year set meaning it will be an extremely long hold. I'm not stockpiling at this price. I'm confident that I'll be able to get a few at half off next year.

That said, I bought one for myself for personal build. Love the boat and bat costume rack. This theme has a whole lot of fun and creativity and is a breath of fresh air for the legion of batfans out there.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply.  I can get it for $60 right now. Still think its risky?  I really like all the sets to this movie.

I think this will be a 2 year set meaning it will be an extremely long hold. I'm not stockpiling at this price. I'm confident that I'll be able to get a few at half off next year.

That said, I bought one for myself for personal build. Love the boat and bat costume rack. This theme has a whole lot of fun and creativity and is a breath of fresh air for the legion of batfans out there.

Edited by Liquidsmoke420

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...