Speed Champions 2017

Phil B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just love SCH.. so I googled around a bit and found this on eurobricks.com:

Hi everyone,

I was following this topic to get the latest updates, but I just found on 2ttoys.nl the following list:

LEGO® Speed Champions 75884 Ford. 14.99 euro
LEGO® Speed Champions 75885 Ford. 14.99 euro
LEGO® Speed Champions 75886 Ferrari.  14.99 euro
LEGO® Speed Champions 75887 Porsche. 14.99 euro
LEGO® Speed Champions 75888 Porsche. 39.99 euro
LEGO® Speed Champions 75889 Ferrari. 99.99  euro

Delivery time 1-2018

Source http://www.2ttoys.nl/contents/en-uk/d227_Lego-Speed-Champions-bij-www.2ttoys.nl.html

I expect the price of the cheaper sets to increase with a few euros. Sadly no photos.

• Like 1

My guesses:

NEW Ferrari Truck (75889) rehash of 75913

Porsche Vintage/Modern Battle (75888)

Maybe the Ferrari 488 for the standalone; 2017 was the 70th anniversary of Ferrari so they missed an opportunity there. I think the standalone Fords will be vintage even though they haven't done this previously. Hard to say what they will use for Ford because their iconic modern cars that fit the "Speed Champions" formula have already been used. I doubt they would do a vintage standalone model but who knows.

A shot in the dark none-the-less but with Lego re-releasing sets, I wouldn't put it past them to bring back something from 2015.

3 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I miss more italian supersports - Lamborghini for one.. Bugatti Veyron / Chiron would be nice too, . Aston Martin (James Bond Edition - that would sell like a hot-dog).. . hell.! even Tesla car could be a nice addition... 

That'd be great...but then no one knows about the licensing fees!

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I agree. Just as Ferrari Team truck was starting to appreciate too.

Shame they have such a love-in with Ford as the list of worthy cars is pretty short.

they already have a mustang, the hot rod and a GT/GT40, how can they add two more?  I can see another mustang version, and what an RS or falcon?  plus more ferraris and porsches?  this sounds pretty weak....

Just now, jay4e said:

they already have a mustang, the hot rod and a GT/GT40, how can they add two more?  I can see another mustang version, and what an RS or falcon?  plus more ferraris and porsches?  this sounds pretty weak....

405px-1915_Ford_Model_T_Runabout.jpg

Either this one or another one of those American trucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the American cars.   They have the ford raptor, the GTs, a mustang, but it could be an updated mustang, perhaps GT350R or GT500KR, thought there wouldn't be a huge difference in looks,  I would buy them though.

Maybe Lego is waiting until the new Bronco is unveiled at the NAIAS before they release pics.  Maybe its an RS, who knows, could be the model T also

41 minutes ago, conceptmachine said:

I love the American cars.   They have the ford raptor, the GTs, a mustang, but it could be an updated mustang, perhaps GT350R or GT500KR, thought there wouldn't be a huge difference in looks,  I would buy them though.

Maybe Lego is waiting until the new Bronco is unveiled at the NAIAS before they release pics.  Maybe its an RS, who knows, could be the model T also

according to the known info these 6 2018-Champions sets should be on sale in January.. as I have seen the usual practice of LEGO is to make some announcement before tthey get into stores.. and its like a day less than a month to start of January.. somehow it doesnt compute.. 

Edited by crayxlp
typo

So with 75882 Ferrari FXX development retiring seemingly very early, what are the opinions on how this set will perform? It has potential to be a winner if people picked it up at the right price, though I didn’t see many decent discounts towards the end of the year. Whilst Ferrari is always going to be relatively steady, I can’t help thinking with all these new Ferrari speed champs coming out it may lose some of its appeal..