Daily LEGO Deals - UK

8 minutes ago, roxio said:

I don't care if boxes aren't mint. As long as they're sealed I'm in. Never had a return on ebay because of condition. Post a pic of actual set (or the worst one for multiples). Pack well and send quick. As 95% of sealed sales are Oct/Nov/Dec they are probably all xmas pressies so a box with light wear at worst isn't ever a problem in my experience.

I'm always honest and even describe the boxes a little worse than they actually are. Nobody wants their eBay business destroyed by a couple of negative feedbacks. I'm one of those that like to sit back knowing that the customer is going to be over the moon with their purchase rather than nervously wait for feedback. Even if I happen to spot another blemish while packing, I'll throw in a couple of polybags (cost me £0) as a sweetener. My thousands of feedbacks are at 100% and it's staying that way. The good thing is that I often sell sets for higher prices than my competititors.

Call me a thorough perfectionist (anal if you will), but I've always been in a position to provide top level service throughout my career and this has spilled over to eBay. I even make sure that  my packing tape (always Arvo or 3M) is dead-centre along the joins of a new (I never reuse) box with no creases or cat hairs!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Call me a thorough perfectionist (anal if you will), but I've always been in a position to provide top level service throughout my career and this has spilled over to eBay. I even make sure that  my packing tape (always Arvo or 3M) is dead-centre along the joins of a new (I never reuse) box with no creases or cat hairs!

Most of my boxes, and indeed many gifts I have wrapped, look like they either survived (key word)  a plane crash or were prepared by a drug smuggler.  I pride myself on making them sturdy but terrible looking, a bit like those misshaped chocolates, so as people don´t think there is anything of any value inside. Except for drug dealers that is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roxio said:

I don't care if boxes aren't mint. As long as they're sealed I'm in. Never had a return on ebay because of condition. Post a pic of actual set (or the worst one for multiples). Pack well and send quick. As 95% of sealed sales are Oct/Nov/Dec they are probably all xmas pressies so a box with light wear at worst isn't ever a problem in my experience.

Still using images of a fecked up 75919 box even though I sold that box months ago.  Its still selling for £270 - £285 so cant be bothered changing the images to the better boxes.  
Also bought an unsealed crushed/flatpacked friends pop studio and sold for double within a month.  Box condition usually doesnt matter if the buyer is buying for their own kid and forking out top dollar to get the cheapest one available. 
Personally I have no issue buying an unsealed / crushed box for my kids as long as all content bags are sealed.  Also wouldnt ever buy used lego for them.  Just a personal choice.

Back on topic. 
Hoping Asda do their big reduction this Tuesday.  They done it Tues 23rd Jan last year.   Asda have been clearing out toys but havent reached the 75%+ off yet.  Also alot less stock on the shelfs than last year.  And GE still £19.99 in my local Asda's.  BH51 are £5 old as mentioned before. I left them hoping for a bigger discount on Tuesday.

Tesco had their final clearance (75%) on Thurs 25th Jan last year.  Again not much left but I might take a chance and a have drive round.   

15 hours ago, roxio said:

I don't care if boxes aren't mint. As long as they're sealed I'm in. Never had a return on ebay because of condition. Post a pic of actual set (or the worst one for multiples). Pack well and send quick.

Must be nice, I just had my feedback trashed by someone who complained about the packaging but refused (twice) to send any evidence. Doubt I'm going to get much interested when the last feedback received starts with 'Terrible packaging'. Reported to eBay as malicious feedback but so far they've done nothing

21 minutes ago, guiriman said:

Must be nice, I just had my feedback trashed by someone who complained about the packaging but refused (twice) to send any evidence. Doubt I'm going to get much interested when the last feedback received starts with 'Terrible packaging'. Reported to eBay as malicious feedback but so far they've done nothing

Always have a new account with some feedback ready to go. I already have 2 spare accounts with about 25 feedbacks at 100% for times like this. We all know that 4.5/5.0 on Trustpilot is OK, but 90% on eBay is a disaster. If I were you and the set wasn't too expensive, I'd offer the buyer a full refund to update their feedback. You have to swallow it sometimes, it's all part of the service.

11 hours ago, MoHu said:

Tesco had their final clearance (75%) on Thurs 25th Jan last year.  Again not much left but I might take a chance and a have drive round.   

I was expecting the big 75% last night.  Digging through my chat logs I know the First Order walker, BB-8 and the Ninjago blue jet at least had gone 75% off by the 15th but you must be keeping a lot closer tabs on it than I am 😉

Still have one store within range showing decent stock on some of the bigger sets stuck at 50%. Stores have been doing toy counts and they are still showing stock so it's weird to see no sales but also not having it zero'd. It is a superstore so maybe they just actually have zero shelf space and it's just sitting on a cage of dreams in the back.

8 hours ago, Rog said:

I was expecting the big 75% last night.  Digging through my chat logs I know the First Order walker, BB-8 and the Ninjago blue jet at least had gone 75% off by the 15th but you must be keeping a lot closer tabs on it than I am 😉

Still have one store within range showing decent stock on some of the bigger sets stuck at 50%. Stores have been doing toy counts and they are still showing stock so it's weird to see no sales but also not having it zero'd. It is a superstore so maybe they just actually have zero shelf space and it's just sitting on a cage of dreams in the back.

Got the big 75% today on arts & crafts / creative type stuff like blo-pens, qixels, beados etc.  The toys & lego were still the same price today.

9 hours ago, Tarka said:

Does anyone ever check TK Maxx? I know some of the North Americans on this forum look there but haven't seen any UK discussion about their stores.

I used to pop in to the Reading branch and all they seemed to have was Ninjago in smashed boxes and often more expensive than elsewhere! I no longer bother going in. TBH... you can't beat supermarkets or garden centres for great instore deals.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

TK was good many years ago for retired stuff - I picked up a Potter castle and bus there a long time ago. 

Agree with Tabby now, though, mostly over priced and smashed up tat.

The sheeple seem to think that Amazon and TK Maxx is the cheapest and, more of than not, it isn't.