Daily LEGO Deals - UK

16 hours ago, Adieacc said:

I'm a newbie (1st post), so please be gentle.

Asda have several SW Battle packs, showing as reduced from 12.99 to £6.49 - But they all ring up at the till at £3.25 (So 75% off).

Always worth taking the all ready reduced stuff to the self checkout and check the prices. Asda seem to reduce further without marking them on the shelf. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrlakey123 said:

Always worth taking the all ready reduced stuff to the self checkout and check the prices. Asda seem to reduce further without marking them on the shelf. 

I used to walk miles to/from the self check-outs and never got lucky ;-( BTW... that all Asda/Tesco within a 20 mile radius of Reading as of 2 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I used to walk miles to/from the self check-outs and never got lucky ;-( BTW... that all Asda/Tesco within a 20 mile radius of Reading as of 2 weeks ago.

Tesco's used to have a scanner down one of the aisles so was easier to grab a trolley with a few bits and scan in one go but they don't seem to exist anymore. and yes, Reading has been poor of late....or as usual. B & M had a few reductions but nothing to shout about or actually buy. 

4 hours ago, Mrlakey123 said:

Tesco's used to have a scanner down one of the aisles so was easier to grab a trolley with a few bits and scan in one go but they don't seem to exist anymore. and yes, Reading has been poor of late....or as usual. B & M had a few reductions but nothing to shout about or actually buy. 

Yes the instore fixed scanner was great, only two stores in a 75 mile radius of me have one, I go there first and scan anything likely.

Suspect store staff nobbled a few of them, when I asked in my local where the scanner went the reply was we got rid of it because kids were breaking them,which came as a big surprise to me as after over 1000 visits I had never seen a kid near one and still have not in the stores with scanners left.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neeon82 said:

As an employee of Tesco I can confirm the app is very handy.

As a non-employee of Tesco, I am slightly jealous. 

If you are buying to resale just be careful of the volume you buy using staff discount / clubcard etc.  Not worth losing a job over.   Sending non Tesco related friends can be a solution.

59 minutes ago, MoHu said:

If you are buying to resale just be careful of the volume you buy using staff discount / clubcard etc.  Not worth losing a job over.   Sending non Tesco related friends can be a solution.

I know of a John Lewis employee that was not only fired for gross misconduct, but prosecuted for breach of contract. With a poor reference she still can't get a job 6 months on. She did take the piss and made a ton of money selling excess stock like TVs as well as LEGO.

1 hour ago, Mrlakey123 said:

My brother works @ Tesco what exactly is this app because I'm 100% sure he won't know what I'm talking about! 

It's a stock checker app (used to be called Inform, may have been changed), tells you current stock, delivery dates, current price and if any impending discounts are looming (I've never seen a future discount of more than 7 days time, it's handy if you want to delay a purchase until after is been reduced).

And you can check other stores too, if you know their store code (four digit code).

Edited by neeon82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MoHu said:

It's ok, my store is rubbish for Lego deals, sadly.

no mention of the Asda offers here or hukd apart from HG & the SW Battle packs.

Also Hans Solo BHz £2.50, JW BHz £4.??, most of the Friends stuff that was on sale £1.20 - £3.80, 60172 £2, Hook Loader £1.72, Incredibles £4.??  etc basically 75% off.  Some might have been 75% off previous price.

Disclaimer not all stores have all the same reductions which p**hes me right off when I go store B after store A sold it for 75%.

Edited by MoHu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, neeon82 said:

It's a stock checker app (used to be called Inform, may have been changed), tells you current stock, delivery dates, current price and if any impending discounts are looming (I've never seen a future discount of more than 7 days time, it's handy if you want to delay a purchase until after is been reduced).

And you can check other stores too, if you know their store code (four digit code).

Still called Inform, doesn't tell impending reductions, but can tell upcoming promotions/offers. The PDAs that the PI guys use in store can sometimes tell upcoming reductions, but it's hit or miss.

Can search other stores by name now as well, although some of them have silly names to get round character limits!

5 hours ago, Adieacc said:

Hi (post 3)

There is not much point in joining a forum if after each post i have to wait 3 days for it to be approved...

Wish you all the best, but i'll move on to a forum with more activity.

This post is now published so you should be OK. Stay with it as you'll get the best info.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, MoHu said:

no mention of the Asda offers here or hukd apart from HG & the SW Battle packs.

Also Hans Solo BHz £2.50, JW BHz £4.??, most of the Friends stuff that was on sale £1.20 - £3.80, 60172 £2, Hook Loader £1.72, Incredibles £4.??  etc basically 75% off.  Some might have been 75% off previous price.

Disclaimer not all stores have all the same reductions which p**hes me right off when I go store B after store A sold it for 75%.

YES HG just went from £5.23 to £6.97 in my local, whoever does the pricing is in need of a good slap.

Next round of products for the Tesco "special purchase" bins to be launched next week (Maybe THIS week?). Some good stuff this time after the last couple of rounds have been disappointing.

• 60137 City Tow Truck - £10
  • 75528 Rey Buildable - £10  - LOL Good Luck
  • 41311 Heartlake Pizzeria - £10 - Seems good
  • 60153 People at the Beach - £10 - Seems very good!
  • 10834 Duplo Pizzeria - £10
  • 10839 Duple Shooting Gallery - £10
  • 41186 Azari and Goblin Forest - £10
  • 7499 Flexible Tracks - £10

And a whole bunch of the books that include a Minifigure for £2.50.

Definitely all in on that people pack, and as usual these will go 50% off in 4-5 weeks.

Edited by Rog
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Rog said:

Next round of products for the Tesco "special purchase" bins to be launched next week (Maybe THIS week?). Some good stuff this time after the last couple of rounds have been disappointing.

• 60137 City Tow Truck - £10
  • 75528 Rey Buildable - £10  - LOL Good Luck
  • 41311 Heartlake Pizzeria - £10 - Seems good
  • 60153 People at the Beach - £10 - Seems very good!
  • 10834 Duplo Pizzeria - £10
  • 10839 Duple Shooting Gallery - £10
  • 41186 Azari and Goblin Forest - £10
  • 7499 Flexible Tracks - £10

And a whole bunch of the books that include a Minifigure for £2.50.

Definitely all in on that people pack, and as usual these will go 50% off in 4-5 weeks.

Thanks... Instore only? National?

The Beach People seems the only proper bargain though.

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Thanks... Instore only? National?

The Beach People seems the only proper bargain though.

It's the special purchase dump bins, so 80~ random stores. The same stores that had the big Technic trucks etc. You will have seen them by now if your locals have them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrBrick123 said:

Will keep an eye out on Tesco. Also, there is the Reading brick show coming up 23/24th Feb. Anyone been to anything similar? I see that they have stalls etc so might have some good deals or will it be just over priced crap? Might take my son along as its cheap to get in. 

I'll be there with my boot wide open! I can't see any stalls selling bargains as these shows normally inflate prices.