Daily LEGO Deals - UK

9 hours ago, Rog said:

It's the special purchase dump bins, so 80~ random stores. The same stores that had the big Technic trucks etc. You will have seen them by now if your locals have them.

Thanks... That rules out the stores in the Berks/Hants area then ;-(

Is it me or is the size of the LEGO department inversely proportional to the size of the store?

31 minutes ago, Rog said:

I wonder how many orders of £1.99 Dimensions I can get in at Smyths before they start cancelling. 😆

Probably as many as you want. The delivery limit is 2, but there's nothing to stop you going to a different till and paying cash. I've been stocking up on the Dalek & Cyberman to bundle with 21304 Doctor Who.

32 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Probably as many as you want. The delivery limit is 2, but there's nothing to stop you going to a different till and paying cash. I've been stocking up on the Dalek & Cyberman to bundle with 21304 Doctor Who.

Nearest store is an hour from me so I'm ordering for delivery, multiple orders do get cancelled, I have to wait for the shipping notification before I place the next one 😛

UPDATE: Second order shipped, third order placed.

Edited by Rog

6 hours ago, Rog said:

I wonder how many orders of £1.99 Dimensions I can get in at Smyths before they start cancelling. 😆

If you're logged into your account it allows 10 per set - and there's also no minimum spend to qualify for free shipping.

My previous Smyths order was packaged exceptionally well, highly recommended!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lobot said:

If you're logged into your account it allows 10 per set - and there's also no minimum spend to qualify for free shipping.

My previous Smyths order was packaged exceptionally well, highly recommended!

Well that's new. Yesterday it was definitely only letting me have two, and I was logged in, now there doesn't seem to be a limit. I'd like to thing that expressing my displeasure to the live chat team helped.

In for a bunch more then I guess!

On 2/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, Rog said:

Well that's new. Yesterday it was definitely only letting me have two, and I was logged in, now there doesn't seem to be a limit. I'd like to thing that expressing my displeasure to the live chat team helped.

In for a bunch more then I guess!

Only two sets worthwhile as far as I can see, four if you can wait it out say till after Xmas.

19 minutes ago, Rog said:I got all the time in the world baby ;)

That should apply to all of us. If you can obtain 2x ROI after 2 years, that’s a remarkable result for any business. If I know that I can do that, I simply go all in. BTW... I picked up my Dimensions from Farnborough yesterday and rejected immediately. All packages appeared to have been squashed, most had price stickers and some had “£1.99” in black marker - worthless to my buyers.

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That should apply to all of us. If you can obtain 2x ROI after 2 years, that’s a remarkable result for any business. If I know that I can do that, I simply go all in. BTW... I picked up my Dimensions from Farnborough yesterday and rejected immediately. All packages appeared to have been squashed, most had price stickers and some had “£1.99” in black marker - worthless to my buyers.

These are easy over 2x ROI right now for the majority of them, maybe not Benny😂

My nearest store is an hour away which is a shame as I'd like to see if they have any others on hand that aren't on the site.

I only sell them unboxed, they just aren't worth shipping as small parcel, and people don't seem to mind paying 50p less to get parts in sealed bags rather than a clunky box.

All the hot sets from the previous clearance  are long gone in my five locals, but then I did clear a lot of them myself.

But your chances of picking up Sonic, Lloyd,Scooby Doo etc are virtually nil unless you can find a store with pretty low footfall.

By the way was in a local low footfall Tesco still  had four Porgs at £29.00 each, not for me too much competition.

Edited by grabbitfast

1 hour ago, grabbitfast said:

By the way was in a local low footfall Tesco still  had four Porgs at £29.00 each, not for me too much competition.

The one I've been watching finally put out their Jedi Fighters this week, sold 4 of them in one day and 3 of their Dieselnauts. They must have just been sat in the back on a cage for over a month but I was waiting for 75% before I called and asked if they could actually find them.

They still show as having 6 Disney Castles and 5 Porgs but I have no idea why they haven't hit 75% or yellow sticker clearance yet.

Small Tesco update from last night,

70825 Queen Whatevra box went all the way down to £17.50 which is 50% off the admittedly overpriced RRP.

70829 Benny/Wildstyle mad max buggy stayed at 15% off at £38.25 somehow.

The CMF series is end dated the same as those two yet stayed at £3.

Nothing else interesting to note.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Might be of interest - currently on Amazon:

5005254 - Harry Potter Bricktober pack @ £18.99 (Backorder)
41629 - Boba Fett Brickheadz @ £9.99 (Backorder)
75209 - Han Solo's Landspeeder @ £15.00 (42% off)

Thanks have ordered some of each (Brickheadz and Harry Potter) - although doubt they'll be fulfilled. Fingers crossed

Edited by Thebrickman2018