Daily LEGO Deals - UK

2 minutes ago, Adieacc said:

It was all quite comical, as if I was trying to commit some huge theft, 

They couldn't see that the total transaction was only going to be £20 or £30 quid, there were phone calls, consultations etc.. as I'm busy trying to stuff the 300 into bags and shy away from the attention.

Only for the whole lot to be emptied back into the initial blue container and one of the staff have to count out a fresh count of a hundred.

Thats some hassle! They should probably tell the non-food manager to not be so gung-ho with reductions if they don't want to deal with that. Out of curiosity, which branch was this? (If you don't mind PMing, probably shouldnt post public)

On 3/6/2019 at 9:49 PM, Adieacc said:

Not a massive bargain, but the entertainer has 20% off 41618.

As its retired and there is a new movie just before Xmas, its probably an easy churn this winter

At least six in store in Reading. Passed them by. Already got a handful somewhere in the house!

46 minutes ago, Adieacc said:

It was all quite comical, as if I was trying to commit some huge theft, 

They couldn't see that the total transaction was only going to be £20 or £30 quid, there were phone calls, consultations etc.. as I'm busy trying to stuff the 300 into bags and shy away from the attention.

Only for the whole lot to be emptied back into the initial blue container and one of the staff have to count out a fresh count of a hundred.

Yep unfortunately sometimes it happens, did manage to pick up 297 at 30p each, counted them and put them in a big trolley, went to self scan checkout and the guy looked worried and just asked do you know how many there is and was very grateful I did, job done.

On another day who knows.

Tesco have Hermione BH at £2.50 if you can find any found 6.

Always thought the worst thing that could happen locally buying wise was having a competitor as sharp and on the ball as our local King Vader.

But I was wrong an idiot re-seller of epic proportions is buying up promising sets by the bucket load before they even hit 30% off, have caught him in the act twice, on one occasion he even asked me to scan a set with my hand scanner to see what price it was, so oblivious to who his competition is as well.

Just hoping he fails to decimate local stocks before reality dawns.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Always thought the worst thing that could happen locally buying wise was having a competitor as sharp and on the ball as our local King Vader.

But I was wrong an idiot re-seller of epic proportions is buying up promising sets by the bucket load before they even hit 30% off, have caught him in the act twice, on one occasion he even asked me to scan a set with my hand scanner to see what price it was, so oblivious to who his competition is as well.

May well be someone on here. I can think of a few Mr 30%......

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

He'll soon lose his shirt. Anything from a supermarket shelf has to be instantly flippable before I bite.

Names and shame... take a sneaky photo and post it here. If you follow him to the carpark, post his car reg too! 😉

Edited by TabbyBoy

As per HUKD, SaH UK are offering the 75884 SC Mustang with a >£65 order. The order limit for 75884 has also gone down from 20 to 2, so it looks like these will be EOL soon. The 10265 Mustang is now backordered to April, so "the window" remains open to those that don't have to accept returns.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Lego movie 2 Sets half price in-store Asda covers full range, or whatever your store has, picked up mine early this morning.

Any thoughts on early retirements on any of the sets, longshot I know but no harm in hoping,or thoughts on which will perform best on Eol.

ASDA deals are always a goose chase. HUKDers not having any luck!

1 hour ago, grabbitfast said:

Dont believe everything you read on Hukd, especially my comments.

I don't believe any comments on HUKD 😉

I must admit, my comments on there before being banned weren't particularly helpful.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:33 PM, TabbyBoy said:

I don't believe any comments on HUKD 😉

I must admit, my comments on there before being banned weren't particularly helpful.

Yes have to admit some of your Horde baiting comments were priceless, maybe you should consider an alter ego and continue the good work.

After all any dis-information which confuses the Zombie horde is a job well done in my book. Maybe keep the OTT comments to a minimum though

just a suggestion.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:49 PM, Adieacc said:

Not a massive bargain, but the entertainer has 20% off 41618.

As its retired and there is a new movie just before Xmas, its probably an easy churn this winter

Back in stock and available for click and collect and home delivery for 12 quid each.

John Lewis in Newbury still have about a dozen Hermione BHz at RRP on the shelves. I passed as I got some from Dobbies at -50% a few months back. Another place in the area worth looking at occasionally is Reading Warehouses (Euronics) in Tadley.

Hamleys of all places have the Marvel Bricktober pack for £20.

Crossing my fingers for no returns on the ones I’ve recently sold, and I guess I’m losing money on the ones I still have left.

Sometimes when you roll the dice you lose I guess, no biggie.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Rog said:

Hamleys of all places have the Marvel Bricktober pack for £20.

Crossing my fingers for no returns on the ones I’ve recently sold, and I guess I’m losing money on the ones I still have left.

Sometimes when you roll the dice you lose I guess, no biggie.

Thank you! Since it's easy double-bubble, I've really given it some as it appears there's no order limit 😉

Judging by current eBay selling prices, these could be gone by the end of the week, but there will be a race to the bottom if the HUKD brigade get wind of it. I may be able to shift them as soon as they arrive, but I'll see if they do arrive first and in what condition. If it's smashed up tat from airport stock (which I've had before), I may have to return or part out.

Oh... QCB too.

BTW... Fingers crossed that you get no returns.

Edited by TabbyBoy

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Thank you! Since it's easy double-bubble, I've really given it some as it appears there's no order limit 😉

Judging by current eBay selling prices, these could be gone by the end of the week, but there will be a race to the bottom if the HUKD brigade get wind of it. I may be able to shift them as soon as they arrive, but I'll see if they do arrive first and in what condition. If it's smashed up tat from airport stock (which I've had before), I may have to return or part out.

Oh... QCB too.

BTW... Fingers crossed that you get no returns.

Considering I saw it from HUKD, I think the brigade is already ahead!

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Considering I saw it from HUKD, I think the brigade is already ahead!

The good thing about this set is cheap Worldwide postage and a lot on HUKD can’t be bothered.

24 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Argh, missed that today. :(

Perhaps we all missed it. My first huge order was cancelled, but my later smaller one is “Stock Allocated”. If they turn up, shall I save you one?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rog said:

Maybe but who are you shipping it to?, USA, Asia and a lot of Europe have already had it.

Those that pay the most 😉

I was thinking Australia as a I have “friends in high places” who can take care of shipping and customs for me. TBH... I don’t think Hamleys will ship as it seems like they shouldn’t have been on sale in the first place.