Daily LEGO Deals - UK

You can tell who the flippers are when they talk about Sydney Opera House being a slow seller post retirement. I'm sure Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal and Statue of Liberty were slow sellers as well when in production. Landmark sets are timeless, that in itself should tell you it's always going to be collectible.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

You can tell who the flippers are when they talk about Sydney Opera House being a slow seller post retirement. I'm sure Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal and Statue of Liberty were slow sellers as well when in production. Landmark sets are timeless, that in itself should tell you it's always going to be collectible.

[off topic] Just noticed your awesome name... Class! hahahahahahaha! [/off topic]

3 hours ago, Ciglione said:

So.... what would anybody's pick be from this list?

Depends how much discount you get. If it´s 25% off plus 2xVIP plus GH then EV all the way for me as SOH has too high a price point in Spain (320 euros). The Mini is another intriguing option if it pops but I just don´t see that happening and if it has a T1 lifecycle, forget it.

The others can all be got much cheaper elsewhere.

We also need to see if the offer is applied to all countries this time, except Holland, of course. if it´s in Ozland then that´s a good start.

Looking at the EU early VIP-only sales 1 week prior to Black Friday l actually feel a bit like TLG is making fun of me. Don't wanna sound ungrateful but a FIVE PERCENT discount on select sets (of which there are a whopping 9) does not even earn the title "Sale" imo. Apart from that there's Gingerbread House and a 5 % discount on all orders over 125 Euros. To be fair, they did not really advertise the "Sale" itself big time but focused on the free set, 5 % discount and Wall Calendar.

4 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Ghost and AT AT are at 71 and 97 euros respectively on Amazon.fr

Not great for investment but fair for a personal build.

The Ghost set would need a higher discount for me to become interesting as an investment. Not sure about the demand for this set post retirement, like you said as well.

I have two AT-AT and will keep it that way. Hopefully TLG won't make a new AT-AT set for some years to come. ;) 

53 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Well, if it retires now then 73 is an ok price but I think it will stick around. On the other hand, Amazon have been discounting a lot of retiring sets recently....

Well, except that Amazon.fr adds additional shipping costs to The Netherlands (Amazon UK does as well, while Amazon DE has free shipping to NL). So the Ghost set would turn out to be ~ €80 instead of €73. Less discount, less interesting. ;) 

But anyway, I agree with you that it will likely stick around till mid-2016 before it goes.

So it seems I'm the MyToys.de man around here ;)
Then here's another one for ya:

42025 - Cargo Plane 79,99 € - 15,00 € (New Customes code: GESCHENKEMTS) - 2,00€ Newsletter discount (at the end of the order process) + shipping = 65,94 € (-45% of RRP)

And I#m not getting tired of posting the 75055 - ISD for 104,99€ and with the above listed Codes you'll get it for 90,94€ (-30% of RRP)

Edited by Chillreign
ISD

But @Chillreign, you can only use that new-customer code once, right? So if you have already used it last week or the week before, then the offer isn't really that good now. Or can that code be used again, and again, and again on subsequent orders? 

By the way, I received a Gutscheincode for €5 from MyToys.de in my e-mail. Don't think I'm going to use it, so if anyone wants it, PM me. :) 

9 minutes ago, Chillreign said:

So it seems I'm the MyToys.de man around here ;)
Then here's another one for ya:

42025 - Cargo Plane 79,99 € - 15,00 € (New Customes code: GESCHENKEMTS) - 2,00€ Newsletter discount (at the end of the order process) + shipping = 65,94 € (-45% of RRP)

You're the man!

4 minutes ago, Haay said:

But @Chillreign, you can only use that new-customer code once, right? So if you have already used it last week or the week before, then the offer isn't really that good now. Or can that code be used again, and again, and again on subsequent orders? 

By the way, I received a Gutscheincode for €5 from MyToys.de in my e-mail. Don't think I'm going to use it, so if anyone wants it, PM me. :) 

Let's just say my whole family is having mytoys accounts :P (mother, wife, brother, friends.. you know) 
I also recieved the 5€ Code ;)

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

Ahhh, they only check the new-customer on unique e-mail address, and not on delivery address. Good to know! :D 

At least that's what I know.. I would be careful anyway, don't know how they react when they see 20 Accounts on the same adress ;)

Personally i let them ship to nearby friends or family, too ;)

Then this is another possibly interesting deal at MyToys.de:

75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium - €79,99 - €15,00 (New Customer code: GESCHENKEMTS) - €2,00 Newsletter discount (at the end of the order process) + shipping = 65,94 € (or €70,28 including shipping to The Netherlands). (36% discount on MSRP of €109,99)

Edited by Haay
  • Like 1