Ideas #016: 21308 - Adventure Time

HandyHand

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

Personally this set doesn't do anything for me. Even less interested in it than in the The Big Bang Theory Ideas set. But it might do well with fans of the cartoon-series.

There's no value in it, unless you're an Adventure Time fan.  Can't even cling to the minifigure collectors on this one.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I'll be Val-E too...

"These characters look like they've come out the emergency exit of a dog after eating too many Skittles & Smarties!"

Exo Suit - You now have some serious competition!

If I still collected every IDEAS set, I'd really need to find a away to leave this "Brick Diarrhoea" out.

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LEGO have no IDEAS and they've dropped a clanger on this but, at least no resellers will buy it!

Perhaps the licensing is dirt cheap.  Also since this was based on fan's idea LEGO does not have to use up too much resource to design this.

What I am saying is LEGO will make a bunch of :money: out of this set with or without resellers involvement

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Perhaps the licensing is dirt cheap.  Also since this was based on fan's idea LEGO does not have to use up too much resource to design this.

What I am saying is LEGO will make a bunch of :money: out of this set with or without resellers involvement

50 USD sticker price is not cheap.

Even though most of us don't know much about the show, I think it's way to early to say it's a fail, reading up on the most trustworthy site on the internet  (wikipedia) it has said it's quite popular:

Since its debut, Adventure Time has been a ratings success for Cartoon Network, with the highest-rated episodes having attracted over 3 million viewers. The show has received positive reviews from critics and—despite being aimed primarily at children—has developed a following among teenagers and adults

Also one interesting thing that may / may not help in future value that show is ending in 2018:

On September 29, 2016, it was announced that the series would conclude in 2018, after the airing of its ninth season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Those bricks and plates, as the case may be, better be printed!

I know IDEAS sets always get printed pieces (have yet to encounter a sticker in an IDEAS set), but in this case I wished they were stickers, especially the ones on the rarer colored bricks such as sand green and sand blue.

4 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Even though most of us don't know much about the show, I think it's way to early to say it's a fail, reading up on the most trustworthy site on the internet  (wikipedia) it has said it's quite popular:

Since its debut, Adventure Time has been a ratings success for Cartoon Network, with the highest-rated episodes having attracted over 3 million viewers. The show has received positive reviews from critics and—despite being aimed primarily at children—has developed a following among teenagers and adults

Also one interesting thing that may / may not help in future value that show is ending in 2018:

On September 29, 2016, it was announced that the series would conclude in 2018, after the airing of its ninth season.

Interesting, thanks for posting that. Ninth season...cartoon network...I'm guessing re-runs will be around for years after that. That should help with maintaining and building a little new interest for the series.

43 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Trust Lego to be late on the draw with their licences. That does point to it being a 9 month set, though.