2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

We are so very grateful to Ed, Jeff and the Brickpicker community for helping our little school - we are working hard, growing slowly, managing to provide amazing education and well rounded, thoughtful, students who will be our future.  We are teaching them that its worth it to fight for what you believe in and to work hard doing it!  So, thank you from my husband and I and from my two SPS students!

• Like 9

We are so very grateful to Ed, Jeff and the Brickpicker community for helping our little school - we are working hard, growing slowly, managing to provide amazing education and well rounded, thoughtful, students who will be our future.  We are teaching them that its worth it to fight for what you believe in and to work hard doing it!  So, thank you from my husband and I and from my two SPS students!

It's the least we can do! Those guys do a lot for us and it's a good way of giving back and helps a good cause.

Side note Ed did you mention it to Huw over at brickset? I found out about this site from reading about the fundraiser over there. If it wasn't for this fundraiser I wouldn't know all of you! spreading the word is a must! Other Lego sites, Facebook, twitter, Reddit, etc!

Also maybe Just2good, Jang, etc can mention it at the end of one of their videos.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

It's the least we can do! Those guys do a lot for us and it's a good way of giving back and helps a good cause.

Side note Ed did you mention it to Huw over at brickset? I found out about this site from reading about the fundraiser over there. If it wasn't for this fundraiser I wouldn't know all of you! spreading the word is a must! Other Lego sites, Facebook, twitter, etc!

Thanks - All insight is helpful to spread the word - just posted to our school FB page and it will go out on Twitter and instagram too!  Looking to boost the posts after Christmas and maybe run an article.  Any other thoughts to get this out there are welcomed!

• Like 2

Side note Ed did you mention it to Huw over at brickset? I found out about this site from reading about the fundraiser over there. If it wasn't for this fundraiser I wouldn't know all of you! spreading the word is a must! Other Lego sites, Facebook, twitter, Reddit, etc!
Also maybe Just2good, Jang, etc can mention it at the end of one of their videos.

Thanks for the nice comments. After Christmas I'll have Jeff reach out to Huw and other major LEGO sites. Huw was kind enough to promote it last year. If this year's version is anything like last year's version of the LEGO raffle, then it will pick up speed as it gets closer to January 31st. People's focus right now is on other things.

It's tough right now to expect too much from people. I know my cash flow right now is low because of buying presents. I know in my case it's because I am rebuying LEGO Hero Factory sets for the third time. The first time was for me. The second time was for my son at the age of 5(he destroyed them all). Now, it's for my son again, but this time he is building them and taking care of them. Too bad they all doubled and tripled in value. LOL.

11 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

I am stealing Jaisonline's idea from last year!

For each LIKE $***THIS***$ post gets I will donate 1 dollar!

1 like=1 dollar towards the schools raffle!

And I "borrowed" the idea from @Mos_Eisley.  I'll need to think of something else next year for donating,  can't have too many people using the "like" idea :)

• Like 3

In case a few of you wondered about the $1.00 "service fee," I removed it.  It was part of an optional commission system that Rallyup.com offered.  I went back to the standard system like last year in which the contributions are "taxed" after the raffle is over and the money is taken out of the school's proceeds.  If anyone paid it, I will gladly refund the dollar.

Thanks...Ed  

• Like 1

I never posted the winners from last year's LEGO Raffle for St. Paul School, but I would like to do so now to show that actual people won the raffles and they were from all parts of world!

LEGO Star Wars Death Star #10188

Blake Wallace  

Lake Mary, Florida USA

LEGO Star Wars R2-D2 #10225

Elizabeth Hood  

Lynnwood, Washington  USA

Sealed Case of LEGO Series 10 Minifigures #71001 - Get Mr. Gold!!!

Lisa Farmer

North Miami Beach, Florida USA

LEGO Monster Haunted House #10228

Jason MacConnell  

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

LEGO Creator Town Hall #10224

Rusty Banbury

Reno, Nevada  USA

Bundle #1 Grand Emporium & Parisian Restaurant

Peter Cheung

Vancouver, Canada

Mystery Bundle #2: More Than 5000 Pieces!!!

Hamilton Johnson

Little Rock, Arkansas USA

Create a Bundle #3

David Chua

Pasadena, California USA

BrickPicker Bundle #5

Karl Langfield

Longview, Washington USA

Batman Bundle #4

Mike Hayler

Isle of Man, United Kingdom

FRIENDS Bundle #6

Victoria Chi

Edmond, Oklahoma  USA

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Hey Ed, You don't mind if I put a flyer up at my job? I do Human Resources so I can get the word out pretty quick, it's a big facility here in the hospital so everyone is generous especially with the new year coming up ! 

That would be great.  The school and I would appreciate any sort of help with getting the word out.  Thanks again.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, Ed Mack said:

The "real" Santa Claus visited St. Paul School yesterday!  Merry Christmas!

Love Santa - what other school children can say they started their school Christmas Break dancing with Santa or hearing him read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" - keep these traditions going!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - keep sharing this event - we have a long way to go and you guys amazed us last year - we are so grateful for your efforts to exceed our successes!  Let's continue to prove why we are St. Paul Strong!  We have parents, teachers and a community that believe in us and you are a part of that!

IMG_1872.JPG

• Like 3

To you veteran Lego fans out there it may not seem like much, but to a 4-year-old these Legos are everything!  Finally, we were able to get him sets he could put together himself; they are all he has been playing with.  

I am only aware of this site because of the generosity you showed St. Pauls last year.  I know it has already been said, but thank you for your donations.  I look forward to following the rally this year!  Any help you can give is absolutely appreciated.

On a side note - I brought our family to a train show in Bordentown, NJ.  On display was a wicked Lego train setup.  It was just awesome.  Of course the 4-year-old train enthusiast still can't stop talking about it.  I have a feeling I will definitely be using this site in the future to find the best prices on those sets ?

image.jpeg

• Like 3