2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie, my side hobby of collecting legos took a major hit when I was banned by Lego last year :)  (I just started buying sets again this past holiday)    I haven't been here much since I was banned, but I came here specifically to see if the raffle was being done again this year. Gave a little to help get the totals going and hope to give more, closer to the end.

Nice work Mack brothers.  

• Like 4

I'm not gonna lie, my side hobby of collecting legos took a major hit when I was banned by Lego last year   (I just started buying sets again this past holiday)    I haven't been here much since I was banned, but I came here specifically to see if the raffle was being done again this year. Gave a little to help get the totals going and hope to give more, closer to the end.

Nice work Mack brothers.  

Missed your sweet and sour humor Pickleboy.

On 1/2/2017 at 4:38 PM, Ed Mack said:

The raffle is starting off a little slow this year, but I have faith in our members.  I have faith in that they procrastinate to the very end.  :phew: 

I am in!!!

Just purchased my tickets today. Challenge everyone else to purchase ten tickets :)

Paul

• Like 1

Hey Ed! I'd just like to clarify that the snowglobe is NOT the one in the photo. I'm working on finishing the others up. Things have been busy since I've been preparing for nursing school, which starts next week. I'm thinking of sending out a Hoth themed one, if you want to put that in the description (though it will depend on what looks better when they're finished.) 

1 hour ago, Flanagan Bros Inc said:

Hey Ed! I'd just like to clarify that the snowglobe is NOT the one in the photo. I'm working on finishing the others up. Things have been busy since I've been preparing for nursing school, which starts next week. I'm thinking of sending out a Hoth themed one, if you want to put that in the description (though it will depend on what looks better when they're finished.) 

It's all good.  I'm sure whatever you produce will look great and will be appreciated.  

2 hours ago, Summit said:

I am in!!!

Just purchased my tickets today. Challenge everyone else to purchase ten tickets :)

Paul

I'm thinking about a bonus raffle for everyone who buys $100.00 worth of tickets.  More on this later!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I'm listening... cough, 10179, cough, cough ....

It will be something good...maybe not that good.

2 hours ago, beatpoppa said:

Until you eventually charge for the site this will act as the surrogate fee.  Thx again for all you do to make this hobby fun for me.

Sounds like a plan!

18 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

It's all good.  I'm sure whatever you produce will look great and will be appreciated.  

I'm thinking about a bonus raffle for everyone who buys $100.00 worth of tickets.  More on this later!

Great idea.

I would be willing to contribute a NISB set to that

Paul

After about a year of lurking, this raffle last year led me to actually create a BP account (and subsequently become a moderately active contributor). I bought around 10 tickets last year and look forward to doing the same this year - though perhaps a little closer to the end this time, since the Lots seem to grow a bit over the course of the month ;)

2 hours ago, Summit said:

Great idea.

I would be willing to contribute a NISB set to that

Paul

I will come up with a substantial set(s) to raffle off to people who bought $100.00 worth of tickets. I will announce that shortly.   As of right now, the Mystery Lot is over 6000 pieces and $700 in value...Certainly worthy of a ticket or two.  Any sets donated could help sweeten the pot to entice people and would be greatly appreciated.  I cold add any extra sets to the BrickPicker Member Lot or even add them to other comparable raffle prizes.  I even added a few last year with the help of members generosity.

53 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

After about a year of lurking, this raffle last year led me to actually create a BP account (and subsequently become a moderately active contributor). I bought around 10 tickets last year and look forward to doing the same this year - though perhaps a little closer to the end this time, since the Lots seem to grow a bit over the course of the month ;)

Yes, I am hoping there will be a late rush again this year.  Last year was intense and a whole lotta fun for the site, for me and Jeff...but most of all, the families and faculty of St. Paul School.  They were tuned in and watching those numbers skyrocket daily.  It was addictive.

16 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I will come up with a substantial set(s) to raffle off to people who bought $100.00 worth of tickets. I will announce that shortly.   As of right now, the Mystery Lot is over 6000 pieces and $700 in value...Certainly worthy of a ticket or two.  Any sets donated could help sweeten the pot to entice people and would be greatly appreciated.  I cold add any extra sets to the BrickPicker Member Lot or even add them to other comparable raffle prizes.  I even added a few last year with the help of members generosity.

Yes, I am hoping there will be a late rush again this year.  Last year was intense and a whole lotta fun for the site, for me and Jeff...but most of all, the families and faculty of St. Paul School.  They were tuned in and watching those numbers skyrocket daily.  It was addictive.

Are you guys considering doing some kind of video conference this year (whether it's Skype or some other software) where the members tuned in live to watch you guys talk about the charity, the raffle winners being pulled, seeing the kids etc..? I know it's definitely not easy to do but that would be something cool to consider especially if it's live, people will be enticed to be donating even more lol :) 

6 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Are you guys considering doing some kind of video conference this year (whether it's Skype or some other software) where the members tuned in live to watch you guys talk about the charity, the raffle winners being pulled, seeing the kids etc..? I know it's definitely not easy to do but that would be something cool to consider especially if it's live, people will be enticed to be donating even more lol :) 

I haven't thought of it, but it might be worth considering.  It actually might be a really good idea.  Raffle winners are automatically picked and announced by Rallyup.com at 12:00 AM on February 1, 2017.  I wanted to make sure that people did not think we "rigged" the raffle.  What we could do is some sort of "Final Raffle Night Party."  Unfortunately, it is a Tuesday night, but this idea intrigues me, especially if we could make it live and we could have kids and faculty there.  It might be possible to extend the raffle to the following Saturday night for example if the school and parents were interested in this.  I would appreciate some feedback on this.  Maybe if someone has experience with live broadcast and would be willing to help out.  I will ask Jeff as well for his feedback.  Thanks for the interesting idea.

Before I ask the school about this, I would like to hear some feedback on it.  Do you think it would help?  Would people tune in to see some kids and me and Jeff beg for money?  LOL. I have no idea if this would be allowed, but I am willing to try if there is enough interest.

• Like 1