2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

• 1 month later...

I personally hope there is another raffle next year.  Where else can you get kewl sets and contribute to a great cause?

If there is no raffle then just put a donate button up and do a reminder email.  That's how I saw it.

Thank you to all who are willing to give up your sets.  I'm sorry I just can't do it.  ?

10 hours ago, mcm96 said:

I personally hope there is another raffle next year.  Where else can you get kewl sets and contribute to a great cause?

If there is no raffle then just put a donate button up and do a reminder email.  That's how I saw it.

Thank you to all who are willing to give up your sets.  I'm sorry I just can't do it.  1f602.png

We will see what develops over the next year.  The response again this year was great.  I think people like the LEGO raffle, although it's tough for me asking for help and I don't want to be a pest.  I will feel better after I finish packaging these sets out and they are shipped. I am in the process of collecting the winner's information.  I am still waiting on the winner of the Disney Castle/Ghostbusters HQ to contact me.  

A quick question for people living in Europe.  One winner is from Austria.  What country's LEGO S@H should I use to ship a set there?  Germany?  How about Amazon in Austria?  Any help would be appreciated!

9 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I think people like the LEGO raffle, although it's tough for me asking for help and I don't want to be a pest.

This community site is FREEEEEE!!!  IT'S AWESOMMMMEEE!!  I'd stay here all day if I could.  So, I don't believe anyone sees this as you being a pest.  I wish this school was here in Oklahoma.  It sounds great.  Your kid was cute in the video.  Natural You Tube Star!  We LOVEEEEE THE RAFFLEEEE!!!  And a school stays open; people keep their awesome jobs.  What's not to love?   Like one person said.  Site is free the least we can do is help out.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mcm96 said:

This community site is FREEEEEE!!!  IT'S AWESOMMMMEEE!!  I'd stay here all day if I could.  So, I don't believe anyone sees this as you being a pest.  I wish this school was here in Oklahoma.  It sounds great.  Your kid was cute in the video.  Natural You Tube Star!  We LOVEEEEE THE RAFFLEEEE!!!  And a school stays open; people keep their awesome jobs.  What's not to love?   Like one person said.  Site is free the least we can do is help out.  

Thanks for the kind words.  My son is a character.

• Like 1

Sorry everyone, I was the slow-to-respond winner for the GBHQ. I'm thrilled to have won and humbled that I was able to.

As with any smart decision, I asked the wife which set to choose because I love building together with her. Life is always busy, but when we have time to build a set, we enjoy taking turns of one person building while the other pulls the pieces. Our last build was the Winter Holiday Train and she loves it. She knows how much I enjoy Ghostbusters, from watching the movies often to having the toys as a child (I had the Kenner HQ and figures but they were garage saled as a pre-teen, terrible decision), she agreed that would be the set to pick. Plus I added maybe we should get the Disney Castle down the road (since this will hopefully entice toward that). The HQ has been on the wishlist for a year now and this will be a wonderful build.

Thank you again to Ed, Jeff, and everyone involved. I attended a parochial school growing up so I'm thankful to those who can help out. Please know that this set will have a good home and we'll post some photos once we get building!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, chibhawk said:

Sorry everyone, I was the slow-to-respond winner for the GBHQ. I'm thrilled to have won and humbled that I was able to.

Darn, just as we were about to start a new bidding war, you replied!

Err, I mean, congratulations! I hope you and your wife enjoy building the HQ. Seems like a great project to tackle together. Maybe even add a little siren sound and lights?

• Like 3

OK, I have everybody's information.  I will start drop shipping the new and in stock items today.   I will send the winners the shipping info form Amazon or LEGO Shop@Home.  I will package up items this weekend and early next week for the rest of the retired LEGO prizes and they will start going out early next week.  I have to grab some sets from Jeff and find some big boxes.  

The secondary LEGO raffle will occur later next week once the raffle is officially closed to donations (Next Tuesday night).  People still have a chance to donate money to get into that raffle.  Remember, it's a $100 in ticket purchases or donations to get one ticket for that raffle.  Thanks again for your generosity and your patience.  

Ed Mack