Jump to content

2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Recommended Posts

Two more boxes went out this morning...The R2-D2 and UCS B-Wing/Slave 1 raffles.  I will send the largest two "lots" out over the next two days.  

Don't forget, people still have until 11:59PM tonight to get into the secondary raffle.  All it takes is $100 donated to get one ticket.  You can still donate here...https://stpaulbrl.rallyup.com/st-paul-2017

The secondary raffle winner will be posted later tomorrow.  I will post the video of my son pulling the winner on the site.  Any questions, feel free to ask...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone asked the burning question about  the Prize #2 Mystery Lot, or will it forever stay a secret? Was the mystery lot from last year ever disclosed? Had I won, could they have all been worriz fire bikes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received the vehicle lot today. Can't wait to build it. Thanks so much Ed. I'm glad the raffle was a success, hope it's enough for the school. Good luck to everyone in the bonus drawing. 

IMG_6085.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, bassking511 said:

Received the vehicle lot today. Can't wait to build it. Thanks so much Ed. I'm glad the raffle was a success, hope it's enough for the school. Good luck to everyone in the bonus drawing.

Glad they made it in one piece!  I shipped the two large lots today...One to the mountains of British Columbia and another one to Ohio.  The last prize should be taken care of tomorrow.  Can you believe we have one repeat winner from last year?  She won last year's Friends Raffle and this year's R2-D2 raffle.  It's funny because I looked at her name and it looked familiar, so I checked older emails and she told me she really wanted to win the R2 raffle from last year.  Well...things worked out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy

LOL - Did non-US winning tickets go back into the draw until a US one was picked? Seriously, it was a pleasure donating to a good cause ;-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LOL - Did non-US winning tickets go back into the draw until a US one was picked? Seriously, it was a pleasure donating to a good cause ;-0

One prize to Canada and another to Austria.  I am still working on Austria, but we will get it done!  Last year we had one to Canada and another to the Isle Of Man.  As I said, I will ship anywhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Glad they made it in one piece!  I shipped the two large lots today...One to the mountains of British Columbia and another one to Ohio.  The last prize should be taken care of tomorrow.  Can you believe we have one repeat winner from last year?  She won last year's Friends Raffle and this year's R2-D2 raffle.  It's funny because I looked at her name and it looked familiar, so I checked older emails and she told me she really wanted to win the R2 raffle from last year.  Well...things worked out!

Some people just have luck in these things. A few years ago we knew a family (daughters danced together) who, just like us, entered the local sports facilities raffle baskets drawing each year. Same amount of tickets as we purchased. For 4 years in a row, they won at least one basket each year. Sigh ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Some people just have luck in these things. A few years ago we knew a family (daughters danced together) who, just like us, entered the local sports facilities raffle baskets drawing each year. Same amount of tickets as we purchased. For 4 years in a row, they won at least one basket each year. Sigh ....

True...After analyzing the results, the 4 of the winners were in the Top 10 of tickets purchased, so there is a case for more tickets...more chance to win.  I know I didn't win crap for two years and I tried!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

One prize to Canada and another to Austria.  I am still working on Austria, but we will get it done!  Last year we had one to Canada and another to the Isle Of Man.  As I said, I will ship anywhere!

Well, one package has already arrived here in Austria - the bonus set to the Deathstar 75159. :yahoo:

Will post a pic soon. I hope that I wasn't too much a troublemaker for you Ed. 

41 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LOL - Did non-US winning tickets go back into the draw until a US one was picked? Seriously, it was a pleasure donating to a good cause ;-0

TabbyBoy, the success (for everybody) lies in the number of tickets you purchase. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hadrake said:

Well, one package has already arrived here in Austria - the bonus set to the Deathstar 75159. :yahoo:

Will post a pic soon. I hope that I wasn't too much a troublemaker for you Ed. 

TabbyBoy, the success (for everybody) lies in the number of tickets you purchase. :cool:

No, not at all.  We should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.  Too bad you wanted the 75159...I was trying to unload the 10188 on you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

No, not at all.  We should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.  Too bad you wanted the 75159...I was trying to unload the 10188 on you!

I figured that raffle was a trap. If you picked the 75159, you were banished from BrickPicker forever. Is that not so?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

No, not at all.  We should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.  Too bad you wanted the 75159...I was trying to unload the 10188 on you!

Well, I already have that one in my secret storage vault. :)

Although for a minute I was thinking about a second one, that I could really open and build .... maybe next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrickLegacy said:

I figured that raffle was a trap. If you picked the 75159, you were banished from BrickPicker forever. Is that not so?

Well, I didn't want to include the 75159 because of the price, but considering that the Death Star was the most sough after raffle ticket last year, I had to give it a shot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I figured that raffle was a trap. If you picked the 75159, you were banished from BrickPicker forever. Is that not so?

Damn, now I remember why I always refused tu buy it - the bad reputation. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

True...After analyzing the results, the 4 of the winners were in the Top 10 of tickets purchased, so there is a case for more tickets...more chance to win.  I know I didn't win crap for two years and I tried!

If you win your own raffle, is that just an excuse to build something that was too expensive to open, or just to save on shipping?

I was thrilled to win this year, but my daughter was more excited because said now we get to open more sets instead of leaving them in the box.

I don't know if I was in the top 10 of tickets, but the ROI isn't so great up there at the top.  Of course it is the melting smile of the little Mack in front of the Christmas tree that says it all.  Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, belljohn said:

If you win your own raffle, is that just an excuse to build something that was too expensive to open, or just to save on shipping?

I was thrilled to win this year, but my daughter was more excited because said now we get to open more sets instead of leaving them in the box.

I don't know if I was in the top 10 of tickets, but the ROI isn't so great up there at the top.  Of course it is the melting smile of the little Mack in front of the Christmas tree that says it all.  Thanks again.

You were very generous.  As for me, I would have raffled off the set again to raise more money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I figured that raffle was a trap. If you picked the 75159, you were banished from BrickPicker forever. Is that not so?

.... and here it is!!!

Can you feel the dark force? ( .....please don't banish me :) )

 

IMG1834.thumb.jpg.a1199964eb655da4fcbbb761646440c4.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son and I used Google's Random Number Generator, along with an Excel spreadsheet to come up with the winner of the LEGO Secondary raffle.  Over two hundred tickets were in this raffle, from well over a hundred very generous people!

The winner is Waddamon!  

Please contact me for your choice of prizes and shipping address.  

I would like to thank everyone once again for their generosity.  BrickPicker members have come through once again in support of a wonderful school and the kids and faculty are very grateful.  

All the main prizes have been shipped.  Please post any pictures you have of the prizes or built sets.  Thanks again!  Ed

 

Displaying IMG_3132.JPG

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

My son and I used Google's Random Number Generator, along with an Excel spreadsheet to come up with the winner of the LEGO Secondary raffle.  Over two hundred tickets were in this raffle, from well over a hundred very generous people!

The winner is Waddamon!  

Please contact me for your choice of prizes and shipping address.  

I would like to thank everyone once again for their generosity.  BrickPicker members have come through once again in support of a wonderful school and the kids and faculty are very grateful.  

All the main prizes have been shipped.  Please post any pictures you have of the prizes or built sets.  Thanks again!  Ed

 

Congrats to Waddamon!

Hope we'll hear if there was a Mr. Gold in there after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brian92007 said:

I didn't win but is ok I'm glad it went to good cause. Good luck to all the winners. Thanks again ed. Let's keep doing these every year.  

I'm leaving my options open for next year.  If the school needs my help, I will be there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

I'm leaving my options open for next year.  If the school needs my help, I will be there...

He says with clenched teeth, praying to god that they don't, so he can have an easier life :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

He says with clenched teeth, praying to god that they don't, so he can have an easier life :D

I know what you are saying.  It is what it is as they say.  It might sound corny to some, but something led me to that school.  A gut feeling.  Something.  If that was by some divine power, so be it.  I believe in Karma and being a positive in life and being a giver.  If by raffling off some LEGO sets, my brother and I (and some generous people) can save a person's job or keep a school community together,  I'll do it again...and again.  It's more of a humbling experience than anything I have experienced.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...