2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

• 2 weeks later...
Before I ask the school about this, I would like to hear some feedback on it.  Do you think it would help?  Would people tune in to see some kids and me and Jeff beg for money?  LOL. I have no idea if this would be allowed, but I am willing to try if there is enough interest.

Dance for me...slowly...now fight Jeff to the death in the playground! No weapons. Only what you can create out of Lego you can use.

On the phone with pay per view now!

Facebook live would be cool and just share the link. Cool concept.

In all seriousness, I think some sort of a broadcast would be awesome. You could have all the prizes on display as a gigantic backdrop, and review each prize set in detail with some commentary before the results are announced. Maybe you can invite Jang to assist ;) ?

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I haven't thought of it, but it might be worth considering.  It actually might be a really good idea.  Raffle winners are automatically picked and announced by Rallyup.com at 12:00 AM on February 1, 2017.  I wanted to make sure that people did not think we "rigged" the raffle.  What we could do is some sort of "Final Raffle Night Party."  Unfortunately, it is a Tuesday night, but this idea intrigues me, especially if we could make it live and we could have kids and faculty there.  It might be possible to extend the raffle to the following Saturday night for example if the school and parents were interested in this.  I would appreciate some feedback on this.  Maybe if someone has experience with live broadcast and would be willing to help out.  I will ask Jeff as well for his feedback.  Thanks for the interesting idea.

Yeah of course man! Anything to help, let's break the previous record!!

We can also even do a Facebook Live, that will definitely get it "trending" in a way getting through people who might not know what is going on but they will watch it. I am sure most people will be on the edge of their seats regarding the raffle lol but I do believe seeing the people who are involved in the charity like you guys, the faculty, the kids and their families is going to be a great thing. So far at my job regarding the flyer, employees have been coming up to me already saying they will donate and some already have.

The main question would be will this help? I absolutely believe so 100% but will their be enough viewers to watch it, if the charity reached $62K last year, can't we assume it would have been more if it was broadcasted?

Edited by Leopard

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

Yeah of course man! Anything to help, let's break the previous record!!

We can also even do a Facebook Live, that will definitely get it "trending" in a way getting through people who might not know what is going on but they will watch it. I am sure most people will be on the edge of their seats regarding the raffle lol but I do believe seeing the people who are involved in the charity like you guys, the faculty, the kids and their families is going to be a great thing. So far at my job regarding the flyer, employees have been coming up to me already saying they will donate and some already have.

The main question would be will this help? I absolutely believe so 100% but will their be enough viewers to watch it, if the charity reached $62K last year, can't we assume it would have been more if it was broadcasted?

I have put this idea out to the principal and PTA.  I have a meeting with the PTA on Monday night and see what they have to say.  I am willing to look like an ass to raise money for the school.  

9 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Before I ask the school about this, I would like to hear some feedback on it.  Do you think it would help?  Would people tune in to see some kids and me and Jeff beg for money?  LOL. I have no idea if this would be allowed, but I am willing to try if there is enough interest.

I think that is a great idea.

And let me know what set I can contribute. You can private email me

• Like 2

A member just reminded me of last year's raffle in which I purchased tickets for people with my credit card if they sent me money through PayPal.  I will gladly do that.  I did that last year for numerous people and would be willing to do so again.  As we learned last year, PayPal does not accept money for online raffles, regardless if they are for charity or not.  Rallyup.com is very secure and trustworthy and works well with credit cards, but I can understand if some people would rather use PayPal.  On a side note, you can use PayPal to DONATE directly, but you cannot buy tickets with it.  

If you are interested in only using PayPal to buy tickets, please contact me through the PM system and I can help you out.  I will purchase the tickets for you after I receive the money and forward you the information and raffle ticket numbers/receipts.  Thanks...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glostik said:

my company does live broadcasting, i could assist if you are serious

Thanks for your offer.  I will meet with the school principal and PTA on Monday evening.  I have written to them and spoke to a few members, but I will make a presentation on Monday night to see if it could work or if it can work.  I don't know about liabilities or even if parents would want kids on some sort of live broadcast.  This is something that I think could be extremely entertaining and beneficial, but it also could be a complete bust.  I know the internet and live video is powerful, so that is why am I am entertaining this idea.  If they want to try it, I will need help to make it work, not only with the live video but with brainstorming other ideas.  I will let people know more on Tuesday.  Thanks again and feel free to give me more ideas.

6 hours ago, waddamon said:

Just bought 79 tickets.  Asking the Lord to bless the endeavor.

Well you are making me look very bad so I am now buying another ten tickets!

And I will mention your name to the Lord when I ask him same.

Edited by Summit
  • Like 2

I like this competition. To help it along, I am looking into putting together a package of rare SDCC sets and run a separate raffle for people who buy or donate $100 or more of tickets. Or maybe I might offer a sealed case of Series 10 CMFs. Any feedback?

Hi, everyone!  I'm a new member here and I saw this wonderful raffle!  What a great idea and a great way to help a great cause!  Those are some super happy looking kids and you can tell that they love their school.  I'm all for keeping St. Paul School Strong!  ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phaia said:

Hi, everyone!  I'm a new member here and I saw this wonderful raffle!  What a great idea and a great way to help a great cause!  Those are some super happy looking kids and you can tell that they love their school.  I'm all for keeping St. Paul School Strong!  ^_^

Welcome to the site!