2017 BRICKPICKER LEGO RAFFLE 2.0 FOR ST. PAUL SCHOOL

Ed Mack

• 1 month later...
We sent out an email thru Rallyup.com about an hour ago to people who participated last year and have seen some encouraging results. Thanks.

Hey Ed after reading this I checked my email didn't see anything. I went into junk mail and there it was. I never mess with the settings and I'm guessing each email company might be different when it comes to filtering emails. What I was going to say is maybe see if there is a "certain way" they can send the email so it doesn't go into junk.

If you didn't say anything I wouldn't have looked in the junk mail to begin with (possible missed opportunity) maybe send out one more email the day before the fundraiser ends as a last minute reminder and see if there is ways so it doesn't go into junk mail.

There have been issues with emailing 1200 people from their end. I have been working on it for 2 weeks with them. I have had a good response from people so they must be getting it. Jeff will put out a few blasts in the the last two weeks and I could have them do another next week. You should receive one from us about the LEGOthon Live event on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 PM Eastern today or tomorrow. With regards to that, is there anything members would like to see or ask me or the kids/faculty? Any ideas would be welcome.

8 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

There have been issues with emailing 1200 people from their end. I have been working on it for 2 weeks with them. I have had a good response from people so they must be getting it. Jeff will put out a few blasts in the the last two weeks and I could have them do another next week. You should receive one from us about the LEGOthon Live event on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 PM Eastern today or tomorrow. With regards to that, is there anything members would like to see or ask me or the kids/faculty? Any ideas would be welcome.

I just received your mail. If I am right, 2:00 pm EST will be 8:00 pm over here in central Europe. In case that I will not be able to watch the livestream, will there be a possibility to watch a recording of it? I really would like to see some impressions from your school and of course from the "celebrity" Ed.☺️

I just received your mail. If I am right, 2:00 pm EST will be 8:00 pm over here in central Europe. In case that I will not be able to watch the livestream, will there be a possibility to watch a recording of it? I really would like to see some impressions from your school and of course from the "celebrity" Ed.

Yes. We will record it and have it available for the rest of the week.
  • Like 1

What are we at now? I can't see the total. I remember last year we could see it above contribute.

And Ed I did get a 2nd email today that didn't go to junk mail. Lots of people added today!

If you havnt yet go to the front page and like my comment!!

1 like=1 dollar towards the fundraiser!

We just hit $15,000. I thought everyone could see it. Maybe you need to be registered.

15 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

What are we at now? I can't see the total. I remember last year we could see it above contribute.

And Ed I did get a 2nd email today that didn't go to junk mail. Lots of people added today!

If you havnt yet go to the front page and like my comment!!

1 like=1 dollar towards the fundraiser!

Are you looking at it on mobile?  If so, there is a down arrow that opens up and shows you the total.  You do not need to be registered, it is public.  Also look at the widget on the Forum Index, that updates in real time.

Glad to see things are picking up.  Over 15k now.  I have one donation in, but I never managed to add to the brickpicker lot. Instead I will put up another $100 every 10k.  That will be $100 more at $20,000, $30,000, ....  I just posted it to my Facebook.  Too bad it doesn't auto-import a better image.

I will try to keep tabs, but poke me if I miss a milestone.

My school, St. Ann's, doesn't have the same financial issues, but maybe that is because they have had a fall raffle and auction for a number of years now along with good support from the diocese.  I hope lots of St. Paul community can get behind your idea and make it a community event for the common good.

• Like 2

Glad to see things are picking up.  Over 15k now.  I have one donation in, but I never managed to add to the brickpicker lot. Instead I will put up another $100 every 10k.  That will be $100 more at $20,000, $30,000, ....  I just posted it to my Facebook.  Too bad it doesn't auto-import a better image.
I will try to keep tabs, but poke me if I miss a milestone.
My school, St. Ann's, doesn't have the same financial issues, but maybe that is because they have had a fall raffle and auction for a number of years now along with good support from the diocese.  I hope lots of St. Paul community can get behind your idea and make it a community event for the common good.

Thanks for your offer. The St. Paul community is a strong one, but not big enough unfortunately. The PTA is the best. They raised $260,000 two years ago in two months to keep the school open and $280,000 last year. The good news is that enrollment is up 25 kids this year and now the diocese sees the school as an asset and is helping more. They see the effort the families and faculty have put in to keep it open and the success graduates have in other schools.

I truly believe we have gotten over the hump. That being said, I hope this is the last LEGO raffle I have to run and that the enrollment grows large enough that regular PTA fundraising will suffice. I feel uncomfortable asking for help. Everybody has issues in their lives and I ask a lot from people. I hope LEGO fans with a negative view of supporting private schools can view it as a LEGO Lottery and take a chance, even if the personal nature of it doesn't interest them. Regardless, the LEGO raffle has some awesome prizes and your chances to win this year are obviously much better this year. I am grateful for all the support and make sure people tune in on Sunday at 2PM Eastern for the Live event.
  • Like 3

SPS parent here. I just want to say thank you to Ed and his family and friends for doing this. It's great to see the amount of help you've given St. Paul School. Personally, I'm also very excited to win something this year. Last year we didn't win anything other than knowing we helped SPS, and that's enough. But the Ghostbusters Fire Station would be sweet!

Anyway, this year I also got some of my work colleagues to buy tickets. If they win anything, hopefully they'll let me help build.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Juan Carlos Gonzalez said:

One question. I am trying to "like" Lego Templar's post but I can't figure out how to do it. What am I missing?

I think you have to post one more time for that to be active.  Moderators have to approve the first three posts.  It's like a spam filter.  Normally, the bottom right hand corner has a small rectangle that says "LIKE THIS."  

3 hours ago, Juan Carlos Gonzalez said:

SPS parent here. I just want to say thank you to Ed and his family and friends for doing this. It's great to see the amount of help you've given St. Paul School. Personally, I'm also very excited to win something this year. Last year we didn't win anything other than knowing we helped SPS, and that's enough. But the Ghostbusters Fire Station would be sweet!

Anyway, this year I also got some of my work colleagues to buy tickets. If they win anything, hopefully they'll let me help build.

I hope you win too...It will save me money on shipping costs!

• Like 1

Good luck with the fundraiser - just bought several tickets.
Just FYI - on the main RallyUp page it says there are 17 days to go below the contribution total.  Don't want the procrastinators to miss the actual 2/7 deadline.

Thanks. Just to clarify the Rallyup page. There are seven days after the drawing ends in which people can still donate, but the raffle is over.