40252 - Mini Volkswagen Beetle

brickolodon

By "had left" you mean that they will not get more later? Did you ask an employee if they know something about that?

Yes. These were tucked away in a hidden place. Not open to the general public. The main park says they've been gone for a couple weeks.

8 hours ago, donbee said:

Yes. These were tucked away in a hidden place. Not open to the general public. The main park says they've been gone for a couple weeks.

Which means that the alleged "eternal availability" of the set in Legolands won't happen and it will now indeed become one of the fastest-to-sold-out, most sought after promo sets in recent years.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Which means that the alleged "eternal availability" of the set in Legolands won't happen and it will now indeed become one of the fastest-to-sold-out, most sought after promo sets in recent years.

Ah, a case of the rare spotted Brickpicker Optimist, thought they were pretty much extinct round these parts.

Loving the optimism :thumbsu:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, donbee said:

Somehow, I think there are more sellers on BL then on eBay. Prices on eBay are rising, while BL is bleh and will be for a long time with so many sellers.

The hype is falling off, along with the price. It is an ugly little set, the nice box is keeping it alive...

Edited by Deanfjr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

The hype has fallen, along with the price. It is an ugly little set, the nice box is keeping it alive...

I agree, the nice box is helping this set massively. Could you imagine if they'd put R2 in a box? I for one would have got a lot more from SAH

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On Sat May 06 2017 at 10:58 AM, Fenix_2k1 said:

If there's no rerelease then xmas will be peak time for these. 

Well there has been an influx of sellers with big stock on Amz DE, price is down to 14,93 atm. I was selling mine for 40€ before.

For how much were these available in stores, because here we got them only as promo?

14 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Well there has been an influx of sellers with big stock on Amz DE, price is down to 14,93 atm. I was selling mine for 40€ before.

For how much were these available in stores, because here we got them only as promo?

AFAIK, only avail at some Legoland parks. I would expect another promo again, based on recent history of promos. Okay, recent history of London Bus.

• Like 2