40252 - Mini Volkswagen Beetle

brickolodon

2 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Your continued success and my continued lack of non-50% clearance SAH purchasing were the only things I took away from that calendar...

My take away was if they used only orange, they could call it a gold fish and it might be more convincing.

4 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

@shewie , Aren't you worried about posting your pic while in the store?

I don't think that's him, there some mini beetles below the London buses. He's posted that pic to show there available in Slovenia. Or maybe I'm completely wrong and he just loves a selfie.

Edited by Mhd747
  • Like 5

Well I have to pour some water over the fire here. That's obviously not me, posting own selfie on "Investor" oriented forum would be like loosing a Russian Roulette with first try. Guy from reddit posted his picture on /r/Lego as his new work placement. Just spotted VW so decided to post it here since its been published within fairly open forum/community.
So as far as I see availability of this set...
Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Romania has it, I have absolutely no idea why Lego have decided to distribute those sets there completely skipping vast, broad markets in the europe such as Germany, UK, France... asked today at Lego Brad Store about this Mini.

- Well Sir, with all respect, we have absolutely no idea what are you talking about.

so no one knows nothing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shewie said:

Well I have to pour some water over the fire here. That's obviously not me, posting own selfie on "Investor" oriented forum would be like loosing a Russian Roulette with first try. Guy from reddit posted his picture on /r/Lego as his new work placement. Just spotted VW so decided to post it here since its been published within fairly open forum/community.
So as far as I see availability of this set...
Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Romania has it, I have absolutely no idea why Lego have decided to distribute those sets there completely skipping vast, broad markets in the europe such as Germany, UK, France... asked today at Lego Brad Store about this Mini.

- Well Sir, with all respect, we have absolutely no idea what are you talking about.

so no one knows nothing.

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I assume you're from the UK?

I'm sure we'll get the VW Mini eventually. Maybe they're waiting to release it here until the new exclusive launches? Though it seem like they could really use a good promo right about now to boost sales. Since Christmas we haven't seen any decent promo over here. Not even the batwing poly.

I don't think anyone really understands why Lego decides to release a certain poly or promo in some regions and ignores others. Just seems like it would be so much more simple if they just did the same promos everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Shewie said:

"Let's do the promo of an Iconic German car elsewhere except Germany and entire European Union."

WU1UF6m.gif 

IIRC the London Bus was released in the US before the UK as well, so yeah...

• Like 1

Yes my flag next to my nick is little misleading since I'm here in UK most of the year but at the point where I was creating this account I was actually in Poland which is my Home country along with Germany (my mom's side).

Well, USA is a little different market and it's being considered as a completely seperated one with many unique and different If I may use this phrase "promos" than European market for many reasons. But in terms of London Bus and VW I don't see any logic in their marketing actions, whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep getting pulled back in. I only picked up 63 last Saturday, sold 57 by Monday. Can't seem to get rid of the last 6 lol. Now I know why.

But $50 is not too bad, isn't it like $35 in Europe? At $50, it shouldn't drop too much, right? It'll bounce back if it's still limited after April. Am I wrong?

• Like 1

where are you getting those, Legoland, FL?...so, they allow you to buy infinite #s?

At first they did. Then they tried to rein me in when their stock got low, but it looks like they got replenished because they didn't seem to care last time I went.
I sold 4 more last night, and got an inquiry on the final 2. I have a few non-minty boxes I may sell lower on eBay to get rid of them.

It was a fun ride. Considering one last run on Sunday.
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, donbee said:

I keep getting pulled back in. I only picked up 63 last Saturday, sold 57 by Monday. Can't seem to get rid of the last 6 lol. Now I know why.

But $50 is not too bad, isn't it like $35 in Europe? At $50, it shouldn't drop too much, right? It'll bounce back if it's still limited after April. Am I wrong?

Actually, @donbee , currently the exchange rate is 1 Euro = 0.95 USD.  Therfore, 35 Euros is 36.83 USD. 

Edited by TANV
Missing decimal points.