70911 - The Penguin Arctic Roller

TheOrcKing

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also had my eyes on this since it was released. Stands out, reasonably priced and with a strong theme also outside of LEGO. Reckon Tabby is right though, low buy-in will be required to make any money from it

Edited by bagalux

Guest TabbyBoy

Every time I pop into a UK toy shop I see shelves upon shelves full of all LEGO Batman Movie sets and, to be honest, a lot of them just aren't moving, including the Arctic Roller. Maybe it's because the movie has already left most UK cinemas and is already being forgotten? Overall, I think it's a flipping/collecting theme not an investing theme.

Am I missing something? I thought store exclusives where always available in the LEGO Stores, and only recently pulled? I feel like this is just a return to the way it was. But maybe not?

Still don't think it will make a difference though. There are only 130 LEGO Stores worldwide.

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Am I missing something? I thought store exclusives where always available in the LEGO Stores, and only recently pulled? I feel like this is just a return to the way it was. But maybe not?

Still don't think it will make a difference though. There are only 130 LEGO Stores worldwide.

Bought several Raptor Escapes at the LEGO Store.

14 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yep, back to the way it was. IIRC the big box stores were complaining about exclusivity of the sets so in 2016 they stopped selling those in LEGO stores.  Kind of stupid IMO for LEGO stores not to stock every set in catalog :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Yep, back to the way it was. IIRC the big box stores were complaining about exclusivity of the sets so in 2016 they stopped selling those in LEGO stores.  Kind of stupid IMO for LEGO stores not to stock every set in catalog :D

It's a good way to stock up on Free Shipping coupons.

• Like 1

Hmm, on re-reading the article:

After many customer complaints, what I am hearing is that there will no longer be store exclusives and LEGO Stores will start carrying all the sets from a particular wave. 

This is different than what it was.  No more store exclusives mean no more RE like scenario in the future

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Every time I pop into a UK toy shop I see shelves upon shelves full of all LEGO Batman Movie sets and, to be honest, a lot of them just aren't moving, including the Arctic Roller. Maybe it's because the movie has already left most UK cinemas and is already being forgotten? Overall, I think it's a flipping/collecting theme not an investing theme.

Personally, I think Batman-themed sets have long-ish term potential. Don't think the interest for these Batman sets will be linked to this particular movie. It's a major franchise that has existed for a long time before these sets and probably will continue to do so. There might, however, of course be a dip in interest just after the movie hype.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LeiaOrgana said:
Temporarily OOS at Target.com 
Did they only have a small amount available for this current sale or is the demand that high?

It's been going in and out of stock for the past few days. Stores rarely have it on the shelf at my local targets. The exclusivity, demand and add in the 20% discount and there goes your OOS.

Edited by LegoBro

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

£16 at Tesco if you buy 3 ;-)

But who needs 3 of the same, TabbyBoy? ;)

In my area the stores always have at least 1 or 2 on the shelves, some 4 or 5. I compared the area inventory from the day the sale started to present and it's definitely selling. Compared it to 76060 Dr Strange which is in the 10-11 quantity in most stores and it doesn't move. Barely 1 or 2 sets in a couple of the stores.

• 4 months later...