LEGO Polybag Availability Update (January 2017)

Alpinemaps

9 minutes ago, donbee said:

Batman Phantom zone poly 50% at Target. Even though some stores had the Valentine goodies only at 30%. Too bad doesn't stack with 10 off 50.

Sales for this though aren't exactly out of this world even at 50% off. You'd have to move massive quantities to recoup a lot. Still, it IS 50% off.

Sales for this though aren't exactly out of this world even at 50% off. You'd have to move massive quantities to recoup a lot. Still, it IS 50% off.

I sold well over 40 of these at $6.25-6.50 each. But the last 10+ have been add-ones at $6.50
I was down to 2 until today.
I know the price will drop with this clearance, but I think I'll still get $6 each for them. Even at $4 I double my money in a few weeks. But I'll hold out for triple in a few months. Moving polybags is my speciality.

Also, my son's b-day is coming. He has the best goodie bags every year.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, donbee said:

I sold well over 40 of these at $6.25-6.50 each. But the last 10+ have been add-ones at $6.50
I was down to 2 until today.
I know the price will drop with this clearance, but I think I'll still get $6 each for them. Even at $4 I double my money in a few weeks. But I'll hold out for triple in a few months. Moving polybags is my speciality.

Also, my son's b-day is coming. He has the best goodie bags every year.

What is your preferred market to move the poly bags to maximize profit?  Ideally, I wish I knew parents with kids who wanted LEGO and would be willing to pay a lot to satisfy the children.

Just got today at Fred Meyer:
30476    Creator    Happy Turtle $2.99 at checkout
30352    City    Police Car $3.99 at checkout
Also at Fred Meyer, but I already got (picked up at legoland):
30425    Ninjago    Wu-Cru Training Dummy at checkout (didn't get price)

Fred Meyer also has the Star Wars U-wing polybags at 3.99

I sold 5 turtles for $40 yesterday :)
  • Like 1

What is your preferred market to move the poly bags to maximize profit?  Ideally, I wish I knew parents with kids who wanted LEGO and would be willing to pay a lot to satisfy the children.

Haven't you heard? I am a Lego Redistributer. I am the Robin Hood of LegoLand. I steal Lego deals from the spoiled American brats and redistribute them to needy children all over the world.

I started with an Australian BPer, and have met some Chinese and Brazilians on BL that regularly buy from me by the score. So they keep me busy with requests, and then I think it's my variety that brings everyone else in. That's my secret, I try to have 1-2 of anything I can get my hands on. I'll pay Full price, like I did at Walmart during Christmas, so that I can have all the draws. You get drawn in by the Joker Battle training, and walk out with a Phantom zone, joker bumper and a batmobile.

But really, it's the great service (primarily speed) I give my regulars. They'll pay me upto a $1 more a bag because they know what they're getting.

Btw, I don't know any parents with kids that's willing to pay over RRP for a poly bag. Even target has a hard time getting rid of them at the check out counter, and that's exactly who they're trying to appeal to. It's adult collectors that throw down $30 for a poly bag. Or even $10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amrandazz said:

Newb poly question: Where are TRU and Wal-Mart polys located? Near checkout like Target?

TRU is usually with the Lego section, near the endcaps. There's not always a huge selection. I have very rarely found polys at WM, before Christmas they were near the entrance in big bins with other inexpensive toys, other than that in the Lego section itself. 

1 hour ago, Pebble&Park said:

TRU is usually with the Lego section, near the endcaps. There's not always a huge selection. I have very rarely found polys at WM, before Christmas they were near the entrance in big bins with other inexpensive toys, other than that in the Lego section itself. 

Ya I asked the toy stock guy at WM because he was standing there and said he usually only gets them in for special occasions (i.e. LEGO Batman movie) or Easter/Xmas.