KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

My local Kmart is in week 6 or 7 of cIosing sale. I want to say the first I went in (they were still tagging everything up 10% over RRP) but the signs said like 20 or 25% off at first. A few weeks at that and then 30% on toys for a few and now I've gone in for the first time since September yesterday and it was 40% off toys, 50% off clearance toys. Stuff had been quite picked over, but I got a Battle on Takodana for $32.50 (half off the "clearance price of $65") and the new City Bus for $33 or so, but they still take points and surprise points, so I made out for $50 including tax for both sets. Not a screaming deal, but half off for a brand new set is pretty good. When it was still at 30% I noticed a buildup of clearance inventory from other stores, but they retag it with a higher price. I recommend checking around every week or so, or even calling to see what the discount on toys is.

Good info, thanks.

12 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

Just a heads up, I've got $20 in unexplained freecash on seemingly any purchase (without coupons) right now on both my account and my wife's account. It doesn't show up in the list of Surprise points offers, just hanging out there in my cart.  Probably better just spend it quick, right?

I have this too!

• Like 1

Just a heads up, I've got $20 in unexplained freecash on seemingly any purchase (without coupons) right now on both my account and my wife's account. It doesn't show up in the list of Surprise points offers, just hanging out there in my cart.  Probably better just spend it quick, right?

Thank you ! I used it before it disappeared, then had another $6 FREECASH appear after that purchase. It just show up, again with no minimum purchase required.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, squeakdigital00 said:

19.99 Free Cash x2
20 Free Cash on the Camper

Wow lol

Looks like you cleared out the Vacation Getaways, but it's ok, I've already scored two of those on clearance for $30 from Target and $12 from Walmart.

Something weird about SYWMax right now, but it still seems to be working at checkout.

Holy moley, what a day ....
First my Grand Emporium win (no email from SYW yet), then 2x $26 in free sets, and to top it all off I used the 8% EBay Bucks promo combined with my EBay Bucks certificate plus the TRU 20% off flash sale to complete my daughter's Christmas LEGO wishlist.

And it is only just noon EST. Tally so far: 8 LEGO sets "bought" for $22 out of pocket (which all went to the TRU sale via EBay). Still have $25 in SYW points left :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Holy moley, what a day ....
First my Grand Emporium win (no email from SYW yet), then 2x $26 in free sets, and to top it all off I used the 8% EBay Bucks promo combined with my EBay Bucks certificate plus the TRU 20% off flash sale to complete my daughter's Christmas LEGO wishlist.

And it is only just noon EST. Tally so far: 8 LEGO sets "bought" for $22 out of pocket (which all went to the TRU sale via EBay). Still have $25 in SYW points left :)

First, congrats on that WinIt win, I assume that Jimmy Sweeps just orders it from whatever store listed it on Sears, sometimes they can't get a hold of things and you have to choose a different prize.

Did you order those for store pickup? I haven't even capitalized on this yet because I get anxious about any and every purchase decision, moreso if it's basically free.

Update on my WinIt! Win: Didn't hear anything yesterday so, after calling the SYW member line last night I sent a nice, excited email to Sweeps (allegedly this is a single person operation, no surprise there). Got a response this morning that the first step in the process is me filling out a W-9, with a link to the form. I'm hoping this is just to report this win, and not my entire points earnings, otherwise this could get costly. Any tips before I proceed?

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Update on my WinIt! Win: Didn't hear anything yesterday so, after calling the SYW member line last night I sent a nice, excited email to Sweeps (allegedly this is a single person operation, no surprise there). Got a response this morning that the first step in the process is me filling out a W-9, with a link to the form. I'm hoping this is just to report this win, and not my entire points earnings, otherwise this could get costly. Any tips before I proceed?

They'll probably have to send you a 1099 for all your earnings if the win puts you over $500 in prizes for the year. You should talk to an accountant if you have concerns about how that affects your reporting and/or record-keeping.

It could get complicated if you've been mixing business and personal use of the points..

43 minutes ago, mizeur said:

They'll probably have to send you a 1099 for all your earnings if the win puts you over $500 in prizes for the year. You should talk to an accountant if you have concerns about how that affects your reporting and/or record-keeping.

It could get complicated if you've been mixing business and personal use of the points..

I pre-pay taxes on my prize winnings quarterly.

On 10/17/2017 at 5:26 PM, ichiroll said:

I've got a Kmart that was recently announced will be closing. Closing sale starts Thursday and was planning on taking a look. Assuming sales start at 30%, just curious what sets I should be looking for. Any general tips or feedback regarding shopping this type of sale would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks.

so I stopped by at 10AM, first day of clearance sale, toys were 25% off.  as we all know, 25% off retail isn't anything to get excited about, so I walked out of the store with nothing.  I did overhear more than a few people talking to their counterpart that it's supposed to go to 50% on Monday.  Not sure if that's right since that's only 4 days away.  

7 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

so I stopped by at 10AM, first day of clearance sale, toys were 25% off.  as we all know, 25% off retail isn't anything to get excited about, so I walked out of the store with nothing.  I did overhear more than a few people talking to their counterpart that it's supposed to go to 50% on Monday.  Not sure if that's right since that's only 4 days away.  

Bonanza!

• Haha 1

Since the advertised value of the set is $350+ (glad I didn't choose the $560+ listing) it's more than likely I will exceed $500 in prize money, given my recent earnings. I run my LEGO selling under my personal tax return, so I don't expect there to be much of an issue. Will definitely give my accountant a call.

I pre-pay taxes on my prize winnings quarterly.

I assume only on the sweeps winnings, right, not on points back promos? And how do you keep track of those?

Unless my sarcasm detector needs new batteries of course ...

Ain't going to be free, this 10211. Likely still going to get it though :)

12 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thank you. I was able to place the order for you this morning. Here are some details.

Lego Creator Grand Emporium 10211
Sold by zabiva - a Sears Marketplace seller
Qty: 1

1 item shipping, arrives by Wednesday, November 1st.

Jimmy
Community Moderator

Was the price better when you ordered than it is now? Do coupons work on marketplace sellers?

1 minute ago, SageFly said:

Was the price better when you ordered than it is now? Do coupons work on marketplace sellers?

Haha... you'll have to ask Jimmy if he used any coupons as he is the one who is footing the bill.

Now I am of course curious who on here runs Zabiva :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, donbee said:

Kind of wish you typed "refrigerator " instead of Lego?

Nah, my 10 Sweeps wishlist items are all LEGO, and this one was the most expensive one. Not in terms of RRP, but in terms of current value. I could have won a box of bricks from TRU for $60 as well ... not complaining therefore.

Just now, Phil B said:

Nah, my 10 Sweeps wishlist items are all LEGO, and this one was the most expensive one. Not in terms of RRP, but in terms of current value. I could have won a box of bricks from TRU for $60 as well ... not complaining therefore.

Have you started posting in your sleep now too??? :thumbsu: