KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Couple of things you should check:

1. Are you sure no other coupons have been applied to your purchase? Any other coupon will invalidate the surprise points.

2. Are you indeed buying from Kmart and not from another seller (including Sears)

3. Have you tried making the same purchase directly from Kmart.com?

No other coupons applied.  Buying direct from Kmart.  Tried both Kmart.com and SYW.com

Just now, exciter1 said:

These are surprise points, right?

Yes.

35 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I did try that, but nothing applies.

Call them. They have been very helpful for me in the past - they even once turned limited duration bonus points that somehow disappeared during checkout of an order into permanent points for me, even though I had not read the restrictions properly.

I see that Kmart just listed the Angry Birds Movie sets. Does anyone knows when they might let us order these sets? I know release date is suppose to be April 1st but maybe they will let us order sooner and get the sets by April 1st.. maybe? I have $50 worth of points expiring on march 18th and I want the ship! argghh

Oh KMart how you tempt me. First this morning I suddenly got $10 in bonus points (must have qualified for some promo last week). Spent those, combined with a 5% off coupon, to get a $15 set shipped to my nearest Sears for $4.44 all in.

Then I got the $20 back on $20 promo card in the mail, check on the web and indeed it was listed. Started at Kmart.com but then saw the Friends and Family 15% off sale at Sears so went there (somehow not applying to LEGO even though it is not mentioned in the deal's fine print). As I was playing with my shopping cart suddenly noticed I was getting $15 surprise points when putting in more than $50 worth, AND it combined with the $20 back. So yes, another order under way. And then over the next little while I need to find something to spend $20 on (won't be difficult as long as I can do a local pickup at my closest Sears).

• Like 1

Anyone else having trouble with SYW/KMart/Sears today? Showing "Something's gone wrong" in the banner and when I try to do a transaction nothing points-wise applies (shows "you have 0 points". Even adding a coupon like $10 back on $50 does not give me any points in the "you will earn ... points" section.

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Anyone else having trouble with SYW/KMart/Sears today? Showing "Something's gone wrong" in the banner and when I try to do a transaction nothing points-wise applies (shows "you have 0 points". Even adding a coupon like $10 back on $50 does not give me any points in the "you will earn ... points" section.

I never trust the points messages other than what is on the final checkout page (payment page), as they often seem to be wonky.  But if you are having issue on the final checkout page then its likely just their system having issues right now.  I will say coupons have been acting strange for me when I apply them the past couple months, but the final check page is usually accurate.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I can't even login to Kmart.com this morning.

3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

They are probably surprised by the increase of people buying with 15% off Kmart gc from eBay

FYI, I had no issues making a purchase with a combination of banked points, surprise points, and a 15% off gift card from eBay just now. So maybe they have fixed the issue?

So KMart is on to me - they gave me a $7 surprise points when buying $15 or more offer yesterday (and my go-to set is $14.99). Anyone any suggestions what I could add that actually qualifies for pickup (ideally in a Sears, but this week only I can do a KMart pickup too as I will be close to a KMart this weekend)? Should I go for the pack of gum - or is there something better?

EDIT: Gum doesn't work as grocery items are excluded from the points offer.

Edited by Phil B

15 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So KMart is on to me - they gave me a $7 surprise points when buying $15 or more offer yesterday (and my go-to set is $14.99). Anyone any suggestions what I could add that actually qualifies for pickup (ideally in a Sears, but this week only I can do a KMart pickup too as I will be close to a KMart this weekend)? Should I go for the pack of gum - or is there something better?

EDIT: Gum doesn't work as grocery items are excluded from the points offer.

A ruler

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

A ruler

Nope :( Brilliant idea, but according to the surprise points, office/school supplies are out:

ExcludesFood, Household Cleaning, Beauty and Health Care, Fragrances, Cosmetics, Office and School Supplies, Batteries, Party Supplies sold in the Greeting Card department, Books and Magazines, Prescriptions, Pharmacy, Alcohol and Tobacco items

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Nope :( Brilliant idea, but according to the surprise points, office/school supplies are out:

Crap, I see Jagermeister is out too. 

Your stores might have these in stock?

http://www.kmart.com/companion-5-8-in-plastic-hose-mender/p-043W217751110001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

http://www.kmart.com/black-and-decker-garden-trowel-transplanter-bd2201/p-043W002876297002P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

• Like 1