KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

2 hours ago, pete411 said:

Has anyone chosen their member benefit for this period? I don't see the offer I got last period which was 100% points back on one item up to $50. The only usable offer for me is $20 in points back on $50.

http://www.shopyourway.com/tag/shop-your-way-rewards-vip/1461510

The Choice rewards suck this time, which was probably why most jewelry are already gone.  Good thing I got my new lawnmower with $150 points back last month ;)

The $20 back on $50 purchase coupon for silver/platinum level is probably better than $15 back on $40 purchase on gold/platinum.  Everyone else is stuck with $35 back on $200, unless they need to buy $50 worth of shoes

Given these choices, I would have picked a bracelet for the wife too

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The Choice rewards suck this time, which was probably why most jewelry are already gone.  Good thing I got my new lawnmower with $150 points back last month ;)

The $20 back on $50 purchase coupon for silver/platinum level is probably better than $15 back on $40 purchase on gold/platinum.  Everyone else is stuck with $35 back on $200, unless they need to buy $50 worth of shoes

I was walking through Sears after visiting Books A Million right after Christmas and picked up a pretty nice set of diamond earrings for the wife that were 60% off and then used a 20% off coupon on top.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I was walking through Sears after visiting Books A Million right after Christmas and picked up a pretty nice set of diamond earrings for the wife that were 60% off and then used a 20% off coupon on top.

They had that promo online too and I happened to have a coupon for 50% points back on jewelries :cool:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I settled for the $15 back on $40.  Crazy, I have 2 x $15 back on $60, 1 x $15 back on $40, 1 x $10 back on $15, 1 x $15 back on $125, and a $10 back on $50 all loaded at the same time.  What to do, what to do???

I'll probably start small and bank the points each time to put toward something big.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I settled for the $15 back on $40.  Crazy, I have 2 x $15 back on $60, 1 x $15 back on $40, 1 x $10 back on $15, 1 x $15 back on $125, and a $10 back on $50 all loaded at the same time.  What to do, what to do???

I'll probably start small and bank the points each time to put toward something big.

So that is $65 back on $225 or ~30% back in points (excluding that "low" $15 off $125 offer). Not bad, not bad, especially if you can stack a few $5 off $35/$50 coupons on top.

I'm just happy with the $12 off $30 I had today, lol. I'd be about as lost as you if I had that many offers!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So that is $65 back on $225 or ~30% back in points (excluding that "low" $15 off $125 offer). Not bad, not bad, especially if you can stack a few $5 off $35/$50 coupons on top.

I like using the $10 off $75 coupons to take advantage of those $15 back on $60 coupons.  I usually use points to get larger items down to $60.01.

• Like 1

Never bought anything at Kmart before, I set up a SYW account and decided to check it today. Low and behold I have $11.00 in surprise points to redeem on an in store purchase, no minimum threshold. Does anyone know how I apply the discount in store?

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 1

Never bought anything at Kmart before, I set up a SYW account and decided to check it today. Low and behold I have $11.00 in surprise points to redeem on an in store purchase, no minimum threshold. Does anyone know how I apply the discount in store?

Either give them phone number you registered with or SYW account number and ask to apply points.

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The rules may have changed on combining the $$$ off coupons with the $15 back on $60 coupons.  I could only apply one or the other today.

does one of them say it cant be combined with other coupons? i just did a 10 off and 10 back a few days ago. was planning on using some points tonight.

2 minutes ago, jay4e said:

does one of them say it cant be combined with other coupons? i just did a 10 off and 10 back a few days ago. was planning on using some points tonight.

$10 off and $10 back should work.  I'd be curious to hear others who try to combine with $15 back coupons.  The mobile coupon site also removed the $10 off on $75 general merchandise coupon and now only has a coupon for $10 off $75 in Toys.

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The rules may have changed on combining the $$$ off coupons with the $15 back on $60 coupons.  I could only apply one or the other today.

Earlier this morning I had a shopping cart where I combined a 5% off, a $5 off $50 and a $10 back on $50 on a two item order with a total of $70...so I think it just depends on the coupon...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

Never used SYW, just noticed email stating that I have 12$ in surprise points, can you guys tell me how that usually work? Any minimums, limits etc? Or do I just go and buy let's say $20 set and end up paying $8? 

Sometimes, you may want to go into your account and verify if it's on a $$$ amount purchase or certain type of product.  Add some stuff to your cart and you should see the points available if they apply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Sometimes, you may want to go into your account and verify if it's on a $$$ amount purchase or certain type of product.  Add some stuff to your cart and you should see the points available if they apply.

Some more tips:

1. I always go to SYW.com and verify the conditions. Sometimes the "You have $x in Surprise Points" is an aggregate value of all the $0.50 and $1 off coupons of specific items (typically grocery items)

2. Check the conditions and the departments.

3. Check if the coupon is online or in-store. I don't have a KMart closeby, so in-store means nothing to me.

4. Check if the points are exclusive (nowadays they all are). If not exclusive, you can look at stacking them with $5 off $35 coupons, $10 back on $50 etc.

5. Free shipping for us common folks (not the multi-million SYW point burners like @exciter1 (or his wife)) starts at $35. But in-store pickup is typically free of charge, and so is ship-to-store. Some products can get shipped to a Sears store as well - handy if there's no KMart nearby and you want a $15 item without paying for shipping. This is how I capitalized on a series of "$5/$6/$7 surprise points for purchases of $14 or more" - get a $15 item sent to Sears for pickup and effectively get close to 50% off.

Good luck - just remember to always check if the purchase "makes sense". I often find myself adding $70 worth of product to my shopping cart to get $15 surprise points on $60, just to realize that I really don't need those sets and that I'm still spending $55 on unwanted merchandise. Luckily I do this sanity check and hence don't get suckered in :).

• Like 2

Edit: I figured it out, maybe.  They appear to apply fine at Sears.com, even though they are supposed to work on KMart.com too.

I have a $20 back on $40 spend coupon.  It doesn't seem to apply to LEGO.  Anyone know what these will apply to or have any tricks on getting them to work?

Get $20 back in points when you spend $40 or more

Mar.21, 2016 - Apr.17, 2016

Valid at Sears or Kmart, in-store and online, and at shopyourway.com

Points earned from this coupon redemption must be used within 90 days. Purchase requirement is before taxes and after discounts and must be made in a single transaction. Not valid on Nicki Minaj or Adam Levine merchandise; gift cards; non-merchandise; concessions; federal or state regulated items; alcohol; tobacco; fuel; items behind the pharmacy counter; prescriptions; prior purchases; clearance items; partial-paid special order items; Lands? End® merchandise; Scrubology; at Sears HomeTown, Outlet, Appliance Showroom, Hardware and Parts & Repair stores; or during Family & Friends or Member events. Redeemable at Sears, Kmart, kmart.com, and sears.com. Limit one coupon per member. Void if copied, transferred or obtained via unapproved means and where prohibited. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value 1/20¢. On return, points deducted from account. Offer code limited to one-time use only and applies to merchandise marked sold by Sears or sold by Kmart. Sears Holdings reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time for failure to comply with its terms and/or due to any operational malfunction of the software, hardware or equipment required to process this offer. Use of this coupon constitutes your acceptance of the Shop Your WaySM terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I have a $20 back on $40 spend coupon.  It doesn't seem to apply to LEGO.  Anyone know what these will apply to or have any tricks on getting them to work?

Get $20 back in points when you spend $40 or more

Mar.21, 2016 - Apr.17, 2016

Valid at Sears or Kmart, in-store and online, and at shopyourway.com

Points earned from this coupon redemption must be used within 90 days. Purchase requirement is before taxes and after discounts and must be made in a single transaction. Not valid on Nicki Minaj or Adam Levine merchandise; gift cards; non-merchandise; concessions; federal or state regulated items; alcohol; tobacco; fuel; items behind the pharmacy counter; prescriptions; prior purchases; clearance items; partial-paid special order items; Lands? End® merchandise; Scrubology; at Sears HomeTown, Outlet, Appliance Showroom, Hardware and Parts & Repair stores; or during Family & Friends or Member events. Redeemable at Sears, Kmart, kmart.com, and sears.com. Limit one coupon per member. Void if copied, transferred or obtained via unapproved means and where prohibited. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cash value 1/20¢. On return, points deducted from account. Offer code limited to one-time use only and applies to merchandise marked sold by Sears or sold by Kmart. Sears Holdings reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer at any time for failure to comply with its terms and/or due to any operational malfunction of the software, hardware or equipment required to process this offer. Use of this coupon constitutes your acceptance of the Shop Your WaySM terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

Can't help you - the best I've got is $10 back on $50, $10 back on $100 and $10 back on $150 (why oh why?). But the coupon wording doesn't exclude LEGO, perhaps there is a Fam & Friends or Member event going?

You're a SYW veteran, so these questions are probably irrelevant, but for the heck of it:

Have you tried manually adding the coupon code when checking out?

Are you perhaps combining with other offers (though not excluded in the above text)?

Is this perhaps one of those "points will be credited later and will not be visible on your checkout page" kind of deals?

Have you tried placing your order via phone to see whether they know how to apply the coupon?