Key example of why you will never understand how retail works

hxckid88

I understand that sales and prices cary froms region to region and store to store...but I challenge someone to explain this to me..... I purchased 2 of the Vampyre Castles from my local Target last week and by last week I mean literally last week for 69.99 a piece. I am there again today for groceries and they have 7 in stock ay 99.99 now......This was not a sale or anything it was a 30 percent off get rid of the old for the new deal only to replace the old with the same item for msrp. LOL. I don't get it. I swear if I ran these companies I'd make them so much more money.

I guess the idea was to make more shelf space for the new ones. Stores have to buy in bulk I believe so it is not as simple as just canceling two. In other words, they ordered more expecting to liquidate what they had but it turned out that didn't happen. So they put what they had on clearance and that worked at liquidating them off the shelf in time for when the next batch came? idk

Well, here is something I found rather odd earlier. Everytime at every store that I found the CREATOR "Blue Roadster" set available at was listed with the normal retail of $12.99. Currently at LEGO Shop at Home, it is listed for $14.99! Why the heck is there is a $2 increase all of a sudden?! Did I miss something?!

Here's a quick link to the listing for that set on LEGO Shop at Home.

I'm just left wondering if it was always that price on the LEGO site and everyone else had it for less for some reason, or did LEGO just recently increase the price.

Well, here is something I found rather odd earlier. Everytime at every store that I found the CREATOR "Blue Roadster" set available at was listed with the normal retail of $12.99. Currently at LEGO Shop at Home, it is listed for $14.99! Why the heck is there is a $2 increase all of a sudden?! Did I miss something?!

I'm just left wondering if it was always that price on the LEGO site and everyone else had it for less for some reason, or did LEGO just recently increase the price.

Well, in Europe, LEGO Shop at Home increased its prices, ranging from 1-10 EUR depending on the set...

That's pretty weird. I don't know for sure but maybe Lego recently raised the price on their website and never informed the stores about the increase.

Well, in Europe, S@H increased its prices, ranging from 1-10 EUR depending on the set...

Ouch! That's harse.

That's pretty weird. I don't know for sure but maybe Lego recently raised the price on their website and never informed the stores about the increase.

Possibly. I also noticed that the "Super Soarers" set is also up to $14.99 from the original $12.99 as well. The best I can figure is the increases makes those two 2012 sets the same price as similiar sized CREATOR sets for this year like "Super Racer" and "Red Rotors".

I am still trying to figure out why that "Super Racer" set only has 121 parts and is $14.99. I'll wait for a discount on that one.

Currently, "Fierce Flyers" offers the most at that retail with 166 pieces.