Possible scam on marktplaats.nl (Dutch site) set 10228 Haunted House

Brenner

Hello all,

Not sure where to post it but I have an issue. Yesterday evening I have found an add on the dutch website: http://link.marktplaats.nl/m1127899026

As I was quick I made an agreement with the seller: 10228 Haunted house for 250 euro and he reserved the set for me. The deal would include set 30201. As this is a very good price for a sealed set....it might be too good to be true. In his add he stated he wanted to sell this set because of ending his hobby. Well, a hobby would certainly include more Lego boxes so I asked him if he had more boxes. Yes he did but his nephew would buy the rest. So I started digging but could not find any data with infomation it is a scam. The address, name, back account etc. So I asked him if it was his own picture and he confirmed: yes. I made a story I was happy with that picture as the box looks in good condition. Further digging was required...I started to search pictures on google "lego 10228 30201" to see if this was his own picture. And then.....I found exactly the same picture..used for an add on ebay usa, an add of a fellow and respected Brickpicker.

Am I 100% correct if this is a scam from the Dutch seller? No. But especially for my fellow Dutchies, please be careful with this advertisement.

Cheers.

• Like 3

The picture is stolen, always do a google image search before buying, it's amazing how many scammers there are out there.

I would stay clear from that seller.

The original image appears to belong to emazer judging by the google search results.

Edited by John82
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brenner said:

He already removed his add. I told him I made the wire transfer so he thinks money is on the way.

Not sure if I can put his back account number here to warn fellow brockpickers.....

Nice that he thinks the money is on the way. Definetly a scammer, good research.

• Like 1