BrickHeadz 2017

Lordoflego

I would be more inclined to see their performance after the next wave is released and goes on discount. Once collectors start to scoop the new 2018's but missed out on the last run would be a good indicator. However, Batman alone was the hardest for me to find on discount at all, Iron Man and Capt. America were still abundant but not like Salazar.

I am interested to see if there are more along the vein of Belle and Beast, I was counting on futures success of those but the new 2018's seem to be all SW and Super Heroes.

EDIT: Okay , I see that Frozen will have their time in the Brickheadz form this year.

@Val-E  Salazar still kicking on US LEGO Shop at Home

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 4.08.23 PM.png

Edited by CosmicSpeed
SALAZARRRRRRRRR
  • Haha 1

Phasma retired in Europe! Reaching 3xRRP on ebay...Finn also tagged "retiring soon" ?

What a short lifespan! They were introduced 2017 in November. Were they exclusively sold through Shop@H?

Noticed that the stand plate is printed "exclusive" by Phasma & Finn. The other BHz show "1" for series 1 or "Series 2"

Lloyd and Master Wu also also received that "exclusive" print.

lego_41485_finn_brickheadz_0003.jpg

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I bought a set of the first 12 and I still don't like them even though I thought they'd grow on me. I'll be selling as soon as I can recover RRP and fees.

• 9 months later...
On 2/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, CosmicSpeed said:

I would be more inclined to see their performance after the next wave is released and goes on discount. Once collectors start to scoop the new 2018's but missed out on the last run would be a good indicator. However, Batman alone was the hardest for me to find on discount at all, Iron Man and Capt. America were still abundant but not like Salazar.

I am interested to see if there are more along the vein of Belle and Beast, I was counting on futures success of those but the new 2018's seem to be all SW and Super Heroes.

EDIT: Okay , I see that Frozen will have their time in the Brickheadz form this year.

@Val-E  Salazar still kicking on US LEGO Shop at Home

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 4.08.23 PM.png

Seems you were right about Batman being the best performer from wave 1. Captain America is a close second but the rest are mainly subprime compared to RRP. Salazar, Black Widow and a few others can still be found in stores.

Guest TabbyBoy
24 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Seems you were right about Batman being the best performer from wave 1. Captain America is a close second but the rest are mainly subprime compared to RRP. Salazar, Black Widow and a few others can still be found in stores.

Set 4256 Batman went 3x RPP soon after EOL, but has now dropped back to Earth. The Batman BHz could also perform very well, but I'd expect it to crash like 4256 did if it's kept for too long. BTW... Captain America and Iron Man also did well out of that range, maybe their respective BHz will do the same?

• 1 month later...

I've noted that shipping 2 BHz is a lot more easier to package than just 1...selling in paired lots seem to be ideal...well at least for me. The issue w/ BHz is that the box condition is typically paramount since most are sold NISB...and most collectors keep them in their box like Funko. Nothing will invite a return more than a dented box.

• 4 weeks later...

If I am honest I am really surprised about the appreciation of the first wave brickheadz since they were available everywhere. I was ready for selling 2xRRP but now most are already 2,5-4x, so I think 3-5x RRP is the way to go. Perfect Investment sets btw. = small and available with discounts and most thought brickheadz would be stinkers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sozial said:

If I am honest I am really surprised about the appreciation of the first wave brickheadz since they were available everywhere. I was ready for selling 2xRRP but now most are already 2,5-4x, so I think 3-5x RRP is the way to go. Perfect Investment sets btw. = small and available with discounts and most thought brickheadz would be stinkers

I'm not really.  Mixels were available everywhere and are some of the best low cost investments ever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Well you are the founder of this Forum.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk.  Mixels and Brickheadz are similar in a lot of ways and after the success of the Mixels theme, I figured these would do well after they retired.  Anything with "series" or numbered in the name or theme helps after retirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk.  Mixels and Brickheadz are similar in a lot of ways and after the success of the Mixels theme, I figured these would do well after they retired.  Anything with "series" or numbered in the name or theme helps after retirement.

i think he was saying that your skill level and knowledge was superior to average

• Like 1