BrickHeadz 2017

Lordoflego

On 2/13/2017 at 1:59 PM, Lego Templar said:

I don't see a SDCC thread (or I'm blind) looking at these I decided to buy all the SDCC brickheadz. I see some have "sample" instead of number. Does that affect the value? And I've seen that before on other SDCC exclusives (what exactly does sample mean? Wasn't sold at SDCC?)

The samples aren't for sale, but at least some of them are at the shows.  I'm sure they are given to various corporate people and licensors prior to and during the cons. Most if not all of the con exclusives have unnumbered "sample"s.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Early access to these for VIP holders on 28th Feb in the UK :) 

They are available to UK VIPs now!

Then available to the riff-raff on 28FEB.

Pre-orders selling on eBay for up £23.90 posted. It's an easy quick flip if you have a LEGO store near you and can pick them up right now. Anybody who as these in hand will make some easy money. My nearest shop is Leicester Square but, I ain't going to the Hell of London any time soon.

If you wait, they'll be piled high everywhere on 28FEB and the quick flip will be over.

I don't particularly like these blocky characters but, they are unique and the first run of a new theme. Hmmm.....

They are available to UK VIPs now!
Then available to the riff-raff on 28FEB.
Pre-orders selling on eBay for up £23.90 posted. It's an easy quick flip if you have a LEGO store near you and can pick them up right now. Anybody who as these in hand will make some easy money. My nearest shop is Leicester Square but, I ain't going to the Hell of London any time soon.
If you wait, they'll be piled high everywhere on 28FEB and the quick flip will be over.
I don't particularly like these blocky characters but, they are unique and the first run of a new theme. Hmmm.....

Ah fair enough, not read the email properly it says till the 28th, my bad. That said i cant buy these as looked on the site today and doesnt allow me too for some reason.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Pre-orders selling on eBay for up £23.90 posted. It's an easy quick flip if you have a LEGO store near you and can pick them up right now. Anybody who as these in hand will

If you are bringing statistics you can mention how many of these has been sold for that price.
I'll give you the answer.

the few more from Belle and Beast from new disney movie with the callendar and batman poly are for less than 30.

Don't get too excited.

Plus This.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Brick-Headz-The-Batman-Movie-Set-Of-4-Polybag-30607-Store-Calender-/172532921654?hash=item282bc37536:g:Yz4AAOSwWxNYpEPa

Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Shewie said:

If you are bringing statistics you can mention how many of these has been sold for that price.
I'll give you the answer.

the few more from Belle and Beast from new disney movie with the callendar and batman poly are for less than 30.

Don't get too excited.

Plus This.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Brick-Headz-The-Batman-Movie-Set-Of-4-Polybag-30607-Store-Calender-/172532921654?hash=item282bc37536:g:Yz4AAOSwWxNYpEPa

It's early days, but I can just see a lot appearing on eBay soon and being snapped up by buyers who don't understand the VIP advance purchase privilege and that the sets will be stacked up high everywhere within 2 weeks and probably even discounted. However, I think this theme is so unusual that this first edition wave could do very well. Could this be why LEGO have a limit of 3 from the starting blocks?

The URL you posted counts for nothing as the item hasn't been sold yet.

I know that you know a lot more than we do ;-)

BTW... How long have you worked for LEGO?

Edited by TabbyBoy

Reasons to Buy
First set produced;
Reasonably cheap;
Popular themes;
Sleeper in there somewhere.
Reasons to Avoid
Most sets will be unopened and stored away;
Collectors market tag (often over-produced and then under-perform).

I'm undecided, Pity they aren't things that kids rip open, play with and then chuck away. Mixels they aren't. 

15 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's early days, but I can just see a lot appearing on eBay soon and being snapped up by buyers who don't understand the VIP advance purchase privilege and that the sets will be stacked up high everywhere within 2 weeks and probably even discounted. However, I think this theme is so unusual that this first edition wave could do very well. Could this be why LEGO have a limit of 3 from the starting blocks?

The URL you posted counts for nothing as the item hasn't been sold yet.

I know that you know a lot more than we do ;-)

BTW... How long have you worked for LEGO?

Posted this as a counterweight to your argument about "selling" for 23quid which is not that 100% truth. Under the link you can find 4 of them with calendar included and Batman Poly (worth around 15-20quid) as a lot for much less but still stacked without interest at the moment which gives us plenty of feedback about current demand. 
There is a few offers on ebay like this one mentioned by me above.
Never worked for LEGO.
I'm fast learner but never considered myself as a someone who knows this business better than most of the people here.

I like numbers and I like facts. I can demand on ebay for my Architecture and Creator signed boxes from Jamie and Rok 1000quid each but it doesn't mean I'm going to find someone who is willing to pay for it this much :) 
Tomorrow I'm gonna try to buy them without showing VIP card to cashier to see how this VIP exclusivity works locally.

peace.

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

Reasons to Buy
First set produced;
Reasonably cheap;
Popular themes;
Sleeper in there somewhere.
Reasons to Avoid
Most sets will be unopened and stored away;
Collectors market tag (often over-produced and then under-perform).

I'm undecided, Pity they aren't things that kids rip open, play with and then chuck away. Mixels they aren't. 

The dilemma is, which one's the sleeper? I got lucky with the JW theme and I doubt I'll repeat that any time soon. I admit that they are growing on me and I will get a set to collect when they're discounted down the line. It's too big a risk to buy now as they'll be worse than Exo Suits to sell if they bomb.

If these do well then I think Adventure Time can do even better.