BrickHeadz 2017

Lordoflego

strangely no one was bitching around about exclusivity and limited availability of the Star Wars Detention Block Rescue.

Because people actually want this lol.

If this wasn't an exclusive there would be no value. I just paid 2,400 for one minifigure the other day to complete my SDCC collection. I don't mind because they only made 350.

I for one like the sdcc exclusives. Never been personally...yet I have all the SW/marvel stuff from them. How is this possible?!?! If only there was a way to buy stuff on that internet. Oh well maybe in the future.

Either collect them or don't. People on here I would assume would like the exclusive stuff.
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shewie said:

strangely no one was bitching around about exclusivity and limited availability of the Star Wars Detention Block Rescue.

I think these are such core characters. They could have done lesser known repaint or variant costumes. 

I have zero brickheadz but like these. So I am sure to the casual SDCC attendee there will be interest

1 hour ago, Shewie said:

I was a little upset by that

but then LEGO put up the Han Solo hair for 36 cents on B&P and I bought a few :) so I am no longer upset!

About this, though, I mean have people never heard of an exclusive?? That's the point - they make highly desirable items for people who have the money to get them, and if you can't get them then oh well! 

Edited by CM4Sci
  • Like 1

but then LEGO put up the Han Solo hair for 36 cents on B&P and I bought a few  so I am no longer upset!

About this, though, I mean have people never heard of an exclusive?? That's the point - they make highly desirable items for people who have the money to get them, and if you can't get them then oh well! 

Have you seen/heard of other stuff at SDCC this year? Curious of what marvel mini fig will be there this year.

40 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

but then LEGO put up the Han Solo hair for 36 cents on B&P and I bought a few :) so I am no longer upset!

Creating resellers market and banning resellers, that's what's messed up.

57 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Have you seen/heard of other stuff at SDCC this year? Curious of what marvel mini fig will be there this year.

The show exclusive stuff is actually kept secret pretty well until they give the info to some site to release as they did with this to The Hollywood Reporter. Since the packaging is different than most sets, I'm guessing these are produced in house or at least local to Enfield so they have a lot more control over who has the info. That being said, I do know one of the minifigs that will be there.  It's an interesting choice but I like it. 

• Like 1

but then LEGO put up the Han Solo hair for 36 cents on B&P and I bought a few  so I am no longer upset!

No kidding. Boo hoo. It's an exclusive. It a reward for going to the Con. People have completely lost sight of that.
  • Like 2

Last years brickheadz were beyond easy to get at SDCC. I go every year, and every year deal with the absolute horror of exclusive lines.

For some reason, last year was cake for lego Brickheadz. I literally walked through the line twice and got multiple of them. I absolutely hated them though so I'll admit I flipped them to cover other costs.

Now the mini fig? That was a lot tougher. Lined up every morning at 6/7am last year and was 2nd and 3rd in line two times.

The difference was, the brickheadz lines weren't popular. Maybe it was the fact they were coming to retail later, and MAYBE this spidey one will draw a larger crowd. Who knows!

• Like 1

I'm on both sides of the fence on this.  I'm more towards the 'ok with exclusives' side of the house though.  For one, I plan on buying up pretty much the entire Brickheadz line on Thursday, and save a few for like the next paycheck and what not.  As far as this is concerned though, I would really love to get this because it's an important part of the Marvel universe, especially now with the upcoming movie, but sometimes it's hard to justify paying the insane markup for essentially a $20 set.

Now I'm not going to be as salty as some, but it just bums me out a bit though that it is like this.

Of course then again, I did win the Bat-Pod, and I do enjoy gloating about that hahahaha.  But what's funny, is if Lego had released the Bat-Pod with a different box and stuff to let other people get it, but still keep the contest ones pretty exclusive in their own rights, I think that would be a fair compromise.  There are ways to cater to both markets honestly.

Edited by citymorgue

I think the point is they are fudging exclusives into an existing collection. Exclusives such as SDCC mini builds, bat pod, space slug, Lester minifig etc are fine. The problem comes when you introduce a series you want people to collect, then make some of those highly exclusive. The box clearly states 15&16 so Lego are acknowledging these characters form part of a larger collection and given they are only available to purchase at RRP at 1 show in 1 country, it's not really on. I don't collect brickheads at all but can appreciate the frustration.

• Like 2

I think the point is they are fudging exclusives into an existing collection. Exclusives such as SDCC mini builds, bat pod, space slug, Lester minifig etc are fine. The problem comes when you introduce a series you want people to collect, then make some of those highly exclusive. The box clearly states 15&16 so Lego are acknowledging these characters form part of a larger collection and given they are only available to purchase at RRP at 1 show in 1 country, it's not really on. I don't collect brickheads at all but can appreciate the frustration.

I can agree with that. These shouldn't be part of the overall production. They should not be numbered or if they are it's it's own sdcc numbering (as in 9 and 10)

That being said these will all be worth a lot of money years down the road if that's the case. I plan on buying all brickheadz and all SW/marvel sdcc/non con stuff so i don't personally mind but could easily see the frustration.

Glad I preordered. They jumped 20 dollars in a day on eBay for preorder.
  • Like 1

I think the point is they are fudging exclusives into an existing collection.

Isn't that the Funko Pop way, though? It's worked just fine for them.

Glad I preordered. They jumped 20 dollars in a day on eBay for preorder.

How does that preorder work? How can they guarantee that they will have one for you. What's to stop them for cancelling your order because they "didn't get one" and then relisting it once it's in hand at a higher price?

How does that preorder work? How can they guarantee that they will have one for you. What's to stop them for cancelling your order because they "didn't get one" and then relisting it once it's in hand at a higher price?

eBay policy is they have to send it 30 days from auction end. The person I bought it from has 100% feedback and over 1,000 transactions. Who knows maybe they have "employees" that go from booth to booth buying the exclusives. They offer 110% money back. They've done it each year without problem. We shall see. Not to worried. Rather grab it now than wait till its live and roll the dice.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Funko Pop work differently. They would have the standard character as #15 for example then a #15 SDCC Exclusive with small detail changes. So your average collector can still complete a set but your hardcore collectors can still have the bragging rights or rising values.

The box clearly states 15&16 so Lego are acknowledging these characters form part of a larger collection and given they are only available to purchase at RRP at 1 show in 1 country, it's not really on.

The 15 & 16 on the box is odd to me because it implies that it is part of the series including 1-12, which are now generally available.

What is bugging me is figuring out which ones are 13 & 14. None of the other SDCC releases have the same numbering and if my info is correct, this release will be the 9th and 10th SDCC Brickheadz.

Have any been released as 13 and 14?

The 15 & 16 on the box is odd to me because it implies that it is part of the series including 1-12, which are now generally available.

What is bugging me is figuring out which ones are 13 & 14. None of the other SDCC releases have the same numbering and if my info is correct, this release will be the 9th and 10th SDCC Brickheadz.

Have any been released as 13 and 14?

I think it's safe to say the next announcement may be those. Instead of 4 sets this year I bet they only do 2. I would assume it will be 2 DC characters. Make something along the lines of JL or whatever else is coming out soon for them.
  • Like 2

I think it's safe to say the next announcement may be those. Instead of 4 sets this year I bet they only do 2. I would assume it will be 2 DC characters. Make something along the lines of JL or whatever else is coming out soon for them.

I think you are correct and I'll take a wild stab at Flash and Cyborg. Two characters from the JL film and two characters we haven't seen yet.

Edit: if not those two, then maybe Flash and Green Arrow or Flash and Darkseid?

• Like 2

I think you are correct and I'll take a wild stab at Flash and Cyborg. Two characters from the JL film and two characters we haven't seen yet.

Edit: if not those two, then maybe Flash and Green Arrow or Flash and Darkseid?

I was thinking the same. Or aquaman and one other. I could care less (DC is wack to me) but my OCD with collecting and numbers will require me to buy it anyway...
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

So many people who do this have early access to the exhibit hall and can snag all the exclusives early. THAT is the real frustration with comic con exclusives. Knowing that 1/3 of them are gone before the general public can even get on the exhibit floor. 

Each year there is A LOT of push for exhibitors to not be able to buy exclusives earlier than everyone else. Comic Con seemingly "Fixed" the problem last year and simply said, if you had an exhibitor badge you couldn't buy exclusives on preview night... however many of the exhibitors simply grabbed a regular badge from friends and posed as an attendee. Point is there are too many holes in the system, BUT these eBay sellers who do this consistently will have no problem getting the product. As long as you check feedback and such like @Lego Templar says, you'll be fine