71019 - Minifigures - The LEGO Ninjago Movie

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Yeah, my sons were very put off by the different voices. Why not just use the original voice actors? How much more marketing buzz gets generated by having Fred Armisen voice one of the characters? I've never understood having famous people be voices for animated films.

I agree 100% as does my son.  I don't care if it's a diff universe. The new voices are "meh" in comparison to the show (in general) especially Jay.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2017 at 2:20 PM, donbee said:

The accessories are getting better and better. Glad Lego is investing on some stuff to fill all those modulars.
Is Nya's hair new?

Nya the one with black hair, two swords and white outfit (wu emblem on the chest)? I thought it was the same as the one used for Barbara Gordon in the CMF bags but after checking it looks slightly different. Also reminded me of hairpiece used for Ann Lee from Monster Fighters. Think it might be a new one.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, CM4Sci said:

It's a different take on the universe, hence new ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! I dunno why people can't grasp that. If they used the same voice actors people are probably going to think this takes place in the same universe as the TV show, which it doesn't. 

It's not everything they kept the most important part, the name. If they wanted a different movie why use the same name?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, Salimr said:

It's not everything they kept the most important part, the name. If they wanted a different movie why use the same name?

Why have the LEGO Batman movie have different voices and a different universe than the LEGO Batman DVDs? It's because these movies are in the same semi-shared universe as the LEGO Movie(s). The Ninjago TV Series lives in a world where the characters can bend at the elbows and are not limited to the physical limitations of real world LEGO pieces. The LEGO movie universe is based around adventures had in the basement of an AFOL with a massive collection.

11 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

where did you see them at?

Perhaps the sets put out today at LEGOLAND

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elkkthunder said:

where did you see them at?

Haven't found them anywhere just got a call saying they are in but hard dated 9/1 instead of 8/1 .   Was just posting the UPC  for those that like to search all the stores.  Should be hitting soon.  Some will not care about the date and put out like usual.  I would think that date gets over ridden by corporate soon anyways like they usually wind up doing.

I found these at the Target in Katy TX on Westheimer Rd just now. There are many left and the employee said he had tons in the back. I bought 7 just for fun. Maybe my son will change his mind about hating them now :)

Edited by Salimr

• 3 weeks later...

We received our Minifigures Plus CMF set and my son also picked up 10 random bags at TRU using reward points and a birthday gift card.

The CMF look great but the quality is bad.  Plastic feels even cheaper than the Batman line and clutch fit is terrible (limps, connecting legs to chest, hair staying attached to heads).  

Is anyone having better luck quality-wise?

10 hours ago, jaisonline said:

We received our Minifigures Plus CMF set and my son also picked up 10 random bags at TRU using reward points and a birthday gift card.

The CMF look great but the quality is bad.  Plastic feels even cheaper than the Batman line and clutch fit is terrible (limps, connecting legs to chest, hair staying attached to heads).  

Is anyone having better luck quality-wise?

I have a full set and have been over half the figures and they all seem fine to me.

On 7/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, ravenb99 said:

Just taunting me.  It is funny so much difference in which rules they apply at certain locations and times.  I deal with them all and it's always like that. 

What's the deal with the Sept 1 date?  LEGO Shop at Home has these for sale, was this just mislabeled or did they want retail locations to hold them till later?

54 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

What's the deal with the Sept 1 date?  LEGO Shop at Home has these for sale, was this just mislabeled or did they want retail locations to hold them till later?

Yeah more than likely was a mislabel or change in schedule.  Coincidentally Ninjago city was labeled with 8/1 when that was a 9/1