21036 - Arc De Triomphe

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy

Does this mean that the 21019 Eiffel Tower is on the way out? We can't have 2 French monuments at the same time, right? Anyhow, this AdT looks superb!

You all realize those are nano figs standing there?  This is only 11 bricks tall, less that 2 minifigures tall.  It is a cool model, but I will repeat the best Amazon comment ever that equally applies to this set.

"No matter how small you think this set is, it is smaller."  Comment from a 21002 Empire State Building review. 

Of course that doesn't mean it won't be a good performer.  21002 is over $70 on Amazon for its 77 bricks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, belljohn said:

You all realize those are nano figs standing there?  This is only 11 bricks tall, less that 2 minifigures tall.  It is a cool model, but I will repeat the best Amazon comment ever that equally applies to this set.

"No matter how small you think this set is, it is smaller."  Comment from a 21002 Empire State Building review. 

Of course that doesn't mean it won't be a good performer.  21002 is over $70 on Amazon for its 77 bricks.

In for 3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Does this mean that the 21019 Eiffel Tower is on the way out? We can't have 2 French monuments at the same time, right? Anyhow, this AdT looks superb!

Yes, and the Louvre is certainly from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

edit. just spotted rest of the comments over this statement.

Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Forsaker said:

Smartarse? Can't you be civil? This site is meant for adults, you should act like one.

I was joking, shame you couldn't see that. A lot of us banter on here and make tongue-in-cheek remarks. You just need to get over it rather than throw your toys out of the pram. A lot of BP members mess with each other, what's the big deal?

Where exactly does it state that this site is meant for adults? If that's the case, I'll have to ask a 15yr old girl I know to leave BP.

Perhaps you are one after all?

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Can someone figure out how the bit under the small archs with the nanofigs is made? What piece goes directly under the arch..?

It seems to me like a 2x2 tile with a centre stud that the nanofig stands on. It looks similar to the ones used in the Trevi Fountain. I'll find out soon as I'll be ordering one to build asap.

48 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:
It seems to me like a 2x2 tile with a centre stud that the nanofig stands on. It looks similar to the ones used in the Trevi Fountain. I'll find out soon as I'll be ordering one to build asap.

I think you meant 1x2 tile with stud. The real question is how did they get it stick out half a stud? Of course, that can be done with 2x plates and those centre stud tiles.

I was joking, shame you couldn't see that. A lot of us banter on here and make tongue-in-cheek remarks. You just need to get over it rather than throw your toys out of the pram. A lot of BP members mess with each other, what's the big deal?
Where exactly does it state that this site is meant for adults? If that's the case, I'll have to ask a 15yr old girl I know to leave BP.
Perhaps you are one after all?

You had to take the adult comment second level, not literally ;). I just don't like insults as I do not know you enough to know you're kidding or not, so keep it polite, that's all.

• 4 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

It looks superb and will be a worthy addition to my Architecture collection. Hopefully it's time for the 21019 Eiffel Tower to be toppled?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Haay said:

JANG reviewed it, and the main letdown is that it's smaller than expected...

1 hour ago, thedingman5 said:

Umm...the measurements are on the outside of the box.  Not sure how its size is any kind of a surprise?!?!?

I admit the images can potentially make the design appear larger than actual size yet still the selection of pieces visible are the one to two stud wide varieties including the nanofigure statues which are tiny even compared with the already small standard minifigure.

22 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

Umm...the measurements are on the outside of the box.  Not sure how its size is any kind of a surprise?!?!?

The opposite happens as well. I've read multiple reactions from people building the Saturn V set that they're surprised it's bigger than they'd expected. While the dimensions are also displayed on the box. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haay said:

The opposite happens as well. I've read multiple reactions from people building the Saturn V set that they're surprised it's bigger than they'd expected. While the dimensions are also displayed on the box. ;) 

People don't want facts to interfere with their emotions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1