TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Is the 20% off Star Wars, Super Heroes, and Friend sets this week or next? I think we need to look hard at these discounts this month, because doubt we will get anything as good until near the end of the year.

Isn't it better to buy them this week w the 25% off coupon and 10% Thursday or am I missing something?  The 25% won't work next week b/c those will be sale items, no? I thought coupon only worked on regular priced items?

Typically with a new TRU CC the deal they offer is 15% off first purchase OR 12 months financing for fist purchase. (of $299 or more) I used the 15% to pick up my first DS sets.

You can't use your cc in store to buy sets online to get 15% off & 10% off. That would be for in store items only.

My 15% off first purchase deal was 90 days after cc activation.

If i apply TRU CC online, besides of the online 15% off one time use coupon (I assume that comes with online TRU CC application), do we have another coupon or someway to use in store for 15% off as well?

Isn't it better to buy them this week w the 25% off coupon and 10% Thursday or am I missing something?  The 25% won't work next week b/c those will be sale items, no? I thought coupon only worked on regular priced items?

I was thinking the same thing - I suppose the benefit of the 20% off sale will be that it applies to all items, not just the highest regularly priced item you're getting.

In both cases you'll need the code/coupon that came with the card to be applied to get the 15% off. I don't think the first time purchase 15% off can be combined with other offers. YMMV

I know it was at least combined with the 10% TRUTH, because I stacked that with the 15% off the day I got the CC.

Yes, but the coupon needs to be rung up for each item that you buy. It's a pain in the butt and may raise flags if you're buying a bunch of items. The manager may walk over and give you the evil reseller eye. Now, if you're just buying a couple of Star Destroyers, the 25% coupon is the way to go.

Did you get the cc in 2014 ? In 2015, the fine prints on TRU cc advertisement say otherwise

I had to think about it, and yes, I believe I did.  I think I remember using it to clean out every TRU in San Diego County of Series 1 Mixels with it.  :lol:I think that's why I got it.

My TRU CC sign-up experience: I applied online. The fine print said that I could use the discount code online in the first 90 days. There was no real mention of it having to be the first purchase. So I used the CC repeatedly over the holiday season. When there was finally enough things "in stock" online, it was around 80 days out and the code wouldn't work. I had to jump thru a lot of hoops in order to get a code that worked and I finally did. But I did have to call TRU and the CC CS repeatedly to get it worked out. 

That alone may make it not worthwhile - but I am not 100% sure that it had to do with being the first purchase with the card or not.

• Like 2

My TRU CC sign-up experience: I applied online. The fine print said that I could use the discount code online in the first 90 days. There was no real mention of it having to be the first purchase. So I used the CC repeatedly over the holiday season. When there was finally enough things "in stock" online, it was around 80 days out and the code wouldn't work. I had to jump thru a lot of hoops in order to get a code that worked and I finally did. But I did have to call TRU and the CC CS repeatedly to get it worked out. 

That alone may make it not worthwhile - but I am not 100% sure that it had to do with being the first purchase with the card or not.

Thanks for sharing that.  May I ask roughly when you applied for the card?  I just applied at the end of June and got it last Thursday night.

I wasn't planning on getting anything in store but I think now I might like to get a Smaug to go with my ToO.

only if you take the cashier on a date 

Some of the ones in my area have the deer in the headlights kind of daze to them...  and they just scan whatever you give them on your phone.  Last month, I did somewhat good just using coupons from this site... and they never questioned anything.

Do you think that coupon will work next week when star wars is at 20% off.  Because if that is the case, next thursday, ISD's will be:

$139.99-20% off= $111.92- 25%coupon=83.99-10%TRUTH= $75.59-13% raise TRU GC= ~$65.77

The coupon does say "regular-priced item" and I would think Star Wars sets at 20% off are not regular-priced by definition (though with the TRU markup, they aren't exactly regulary-priced, either!).

• Like 1

Do you think that coupon will work next week when star wars is at 20% off.  Because if that is the case, next thursday, ISD's will be:

$139.99-20% off= $111.92- 25%coupon=83.99-10%TRUTH= $75.59-13% raise TRU GC= ~$65.77

probably no way they will combine. 20/25 is for a full price item only, unless there is a temp glitch/overlap in the system then you might get lucky