TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

I had my first TRUTH day yesterday.  Was in line for 15 min trying to get cashier to figure it out.  I bought 2 ISD. Got total down to about $75 each after 20% off Star Wars with 10% Thursday plus $40 in rewards plus 2 20% off raise gift cards. Very confusing but think it worked out.  

I had my first TRUTH day yesterday.  Was in line for 15 min trying to get cashier to figure it out.  I bought 2 ISD. Got total down to about $75 each after 20% off Star Wars with 10% Thursday plus $40 in rewards plus 2 20% off raise gift cards. Very confusing but think it worked out.  

Nice job. Just a FYI for future reference you would have gotten them for $70 using the $15 off $100 coupon in two seperate transactions and still had your rewards left. In general it is not beneficial to use rewards on sale items because they come off first before any other promos. 

• Like 2

If I was the cashier, I'd have gone on break.

Did anyone else get the new terms and conditions for TRU rewards today? I just glanced at them, but it looks like the max reward you can have issued in any 2 week period is $20.

I just received the info in my e-mail too. I thought it was just my account ...as I have been banking rewards and recently used a bunch. Thought maybe TRU had a ban-hammer out on me!

For those who have not seen the info...The e-mail states that this change will begin Sept 15th.

Edited by Kevink24

$20 limit on rewards? Weird.  I have not yet received any notification.  I currently bank points and get my rewards at $50.  That's still the setting for me on the rewardsrus site... so what's going to happen when I bank $50... is it going to say "OK... here's your $20! " ??? :(

$20 limit on rewards? Weird.  I have not yet received any notification.  I currently bank points and get my rewards at $50.  That's still the setting for me on the rewardsrus site... so what's going to happen when I bank $50... is it going to say "OK... here's your $20! " ??? :(

Yes, I believe it will "auto-generate" the $20 to you. The remaining points will keep banking till next cycle (every two weeks).

Your setting of $50 should be fine till the Sept 15 date...I would assume.

Edited by Kevink24
  • Like 1

In before those of you who abused this program ruined it for all of us. There goes my plan for a fleet of Sea Cows. Perhaps BPer and FB and other social media can start a letter writing campaign letting our voices be heard by TRU. Cancel our CC and let them know it was the rewards program as is that caused us to shop there and that without it in its current state we will be forced to spend our money elsewhere. 

Under the new program I estimate I have enough points banked to last 8 years. 

In before those of you who abused this program ruined it for all of us. There goes my plan for a fleet of Sea Cows. Perhaps BPer and FB and other social media can start a letter writing campaign letting our voices be heard by TRU. Cancel our CC and let them know it was the rewards program as is that caused us to shop there and that without it in its current state we will be forced to spend our money elsewhere. 

I'm glad I bought a Sea Cow today.

• Like 2

you and Ed should make a pact. He has to sell a set by the time you cash out all your points on the lifetime plan

8*12*20=$1920 on rewards that's 125*$1920/5=$48k spend on TRU alone! man i salute you!

if i remember correctly there used to be $50 monthly limit before this new program restructuring last year.

8*12*20=$1920 on rewards that's 125*$1920/5=$48k spend on TRU alone! man i salute you!

if i remember correctly there used to be $50 monthly limit before this new program restructuring last year.

I am not good with numbers I need that Brickson special edition spreadsheet but I'm not a reputable member so you tell me  ;)

image.jpg

• Like 6

Not true. I've gotten a $200 reward a few months ago.