TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

I can't exactly say I am surprised by this. The CC 10% promo and the 8% rewards promos are obviously meant to encourage casual shoppers. Most casual shoppers won't come close to reaching their max (except maybe the wealthier ones during holidays, or those who buy a lot of baby supplies). 

I don't blame them at all, it's clearly a anti-reseller move. But as we've seen, retailers aren't exactly interested in being resellers wholesale source. Target, B&N, TRU... All new policies in the last few months targetting folks.

I'm not the finger-wagging type, because I know it has no impact anyway - however, I am sure loophole and coupon abuse and exploitation plays a role in these decision, if nothing else it makes stuff show up on the radar that otherwise may not have been. I am sure this isn't the last of these sorts of changes.

so from the wording it sounds like, we can accumulate as many points as we want and as long as our account is active those points do not expire.  But we can not redeem more than $20 every 2 weeks, and the certificates expire after 60 days, so no more than $80 at a time.  So it may be beneficial to maintain multiple rewards accounts, even if you are not getting double points on them.  Anyone know if there are restrictions on accounts per household? I would assume there would be a 1 account per person limit?  I know my wife has an old account we do not use...

Either way Ill be burning what points I have saved up on SW:FA sets.

I'm a bit confused - "The maximum “R”Us Reward Dollars that can now be received in a fulfillment cycle is $20"

It seems to me this could be read two ways.  If "received" was replaced with "redeemed," it would fit with the discussion in this thread about only being able to generate a $20 rewards certificate after Sept 15.  But, to me "received" would imply that you can only accumulate $20 worth of rewards, or 500 points per cycle.  That would be a better deterrent for resellers while still keeping most regular customers happy.

Either way, sucks for us...

I'm a bit confused - "The maximum “R”Us Reward Dollars that can now be received in a fulfillment cycle is $20"

It seems to me this could be read two ways.  If "received" was replaced with "redeemed," it would fit with the discussion in this thread about only being able to generate a $20 rewards certificate after Sept 15.  But, to me "received" would imply that you can only accumulate $20 worth of rewards, or 500 points per cycle.  That would be a better deterrent for resellers while still keeping most regular customers happy.

Either way, sucks for us...

if you read the full terms the $20 limit is in the rewards certificate section.  Its a limit on how large a rewards certificate they will issue in a period.

Ok so I tried my hand at double stacking coupons today at TRU. I found a pair of Mini Coopers and though now my chance. I failed. I went up to the register with one MC and a pouch of baby food. Handed her my cell with the $15 off $100 coupon and a 15% coupon, only one took. Originally thought it was because of the baby food so added a misc item and still didn't work. Ended up only getting 15% and paid with my CC instead of using Raise as I was worried about overreaching. Anyway TRU won that one. Left store and came back to get the other MC. Went to a diff register. This time a signed on to my TRU rewards (forgot last time), gave the guys the 15 off 100, a 20% and only 20% took, again no raise. TRU won again. In the end I got a MC for $85 plus tax and another at $80 plus tax. Not a total loss. So what did I do wrong?

Ok so I tried my hand at double stacking coupons today at TRU. I found a pair of Mini Coopers and though now my chance. I failed. I went up to the register with one MC and a pouch of baby food. Handed her my cell with the $15 off $100 coupon and a 15% coupon, only one took. Originally thought it was because of the baby food so added a misc item and still didn't work. Ended up only getting 15% and paid with my CC instead of using Raise as I was worried about overreaching. Anyway TRU won that one. Left store and came back to get the other MC. Went to a diff register. This time a signed on to my TRU rewards (forgot last time), gave the guys the 15 off 100, a 20% and only 20% took, again no raise. TRU won again. In the end I got a MC for $85 plus tax and another at $80 plus tax. Not a total loss. So what did I do wrong?

You stopped at 2 cashiers...I get a different total from every cashier...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

You tried to stack two coupons. It's either one or the other. Next time, buy it on Thursday so you at least get the 10% Truth discount. A gift card is icing on the cake.

That explains it, I thought you could easily stack the $15 off $100 with the 20% off. I must have confused it with the $15 off $100 is the coupon you can use with the 20% Star Wars. I wish I had done the gift cards but I am now a wider BP'r

so then you deserve the salute and not pseudoty. He's just spending money. Thats easy anyways

raven,

you have to have $$ to spend money ;) if you don't what u gonna spend? and the money that you don't have won't last long anyway so.. i still salute pseudoty

once you have limitless $$ then rest will just follow you ;)

There have been mixed results with getting the dollar off and % off to work together.  It can work, but I think it depends on what you are buying.  Certainly it will require buying 2 items.  The % off will come off the most expensive item, but I suspect the second item may need to be over the cost of the discount, and/or over some minimum that is not listed on the coupon terms.  Another factor may be the cashier and what they will and will not do, though some times they may not even tell you what they did.  In general stacking coupons and using GC + TRUTH 10% will be YMMV.

• Like 2

Meanwhile they are running a promo right now for 5x points of you use your card to pay for gas (July 1 to Aug 15). Yes it ends before this change happens but still - you want us to use your credit card but not let us use it either.

You figured out my loophole. I have been hanging out at truck stops all month offering to pump truckers gas in return for them allowing me to do a $1 partial pay. They pay the rest I get 5x rewards. ;)

• Like 3

I charged $20 of gas from a Chevron on my TRU card last week and only got 5 points out of it so either something is wrong with the promotion or the gas station was not coded correctly (that station always gave me 5x for the Chase gas promo though so I would do a test before getting friendly with the truckers).

I charged $20 of gas from a Chevron on my TRU card last week and only got 5 points out of it so either something is wrong with the promotion or the gas station was not coded correctly (that station always gave me 5x for the Chase gas promo though so I would do a test before getting friendly with the truckers).

pretty sure that the gas station promotion is a targeted one, so if you didn't get an email or mailer about it, it won't apply to you.