TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Use this. Have them scan it. ( screen will show 20%). Enter rewards number. Say u want to use your cc for extra 10% off, coupon will switch to 25%. ( won't show on screen)

pay withh CC, do partial, present gc. Thank cashier . 

Is there a required, or polite, amount to pay with CC before applying the GC?

Hey Jonny, yea, I asked the same question a few weeks back myself about using this coupon to get a Sony PS4 and never got a response from anyone. I can confirm that the 20/25% coupon will NOT work on any gaming consoles, software, games, tablets, etc. The cashier was kind enough to try it for me but the coupon wouldn't apply, I hope this helps ! 

Got it - thanks for the response!

Even though I have done this on several occasions before, my local TRU (Mass) gave me a hard time last week requesting 10% discount with CC partial pay of $1.00 + coupons, GCs, etc. The cashier said she could get in trouble for doing it and called her mgr. over, after debating with the mgr. for about 5 minutes, she finally said yes (begrudgingly), I wonder if they will eventually close this loophole at some point ?

Personally, I think it's silly and very short-sided for TRU staff to give loyal, HIGH paying customers like myself a hard time about this in efforts of potentially saving 10% off of one transaction vs. alienating someone who drops thousands of dollars at this establishment, honestly, if it wasn't for being able to stack coupons with discount GCs, CC discount etc., I probably would never step foot in a TRU store as there many other places for me to get LEGO deals.....okay rant over, sorry !!! :) 

• Like 1

Is there a required, or polite, amount to pay with CC before applying the GC?

Give it time, and you will not worry about the polite part of this question anymore. FWIW, when convenient I try to buy gift cards from Raise in amounts very close to (but not more than) what a large set I want is going to cost me after coupons and discounts - then I have an easy leg to stand on for paying very little with my credit card (<$10 usually) if challenged. Hasn't happened yet, though I'm surprised after some of last year's bricktober nightmares.

Sometimes they carry some rarer, recently retired stuff.  They will usually honor coupons and sales, if you ask them too.  They prey on the unknowing and buyers of convenience.

This just cracked me up because it describes regular TRU to a T!

Finally, I have been scooping up some of the last Pirate Ship Ambush (LotR) in my area after stocking a good number of Lonely Mountain lately. This set hasn't performed well so far, but is back up to $100 retail on eBay, and can be had for $60-75 depending how TRUTHful you want to get. I only got 1 cheap last year and would like a few more as I think it has BP / QAR (belated) potential.

Edited by Grynn
  • Like 2

Even though I have done this on several occasions before, my local TRU (Mass) gave me a hard time last week requesting 10% discount with CC partial pay of $1.00 + coupons, GCs, etc. The cashier said she could get in trouble for doing it and called her mgr. over, after debating with the mgr. for about 5 minutes, she finally said yes (begrudgingly), I wonder if they will eventually close this loophole at some point ?

Personally, I think it's silly and very short-sided for TRU staff to give loyal, HIGH paying customers like myself a hard time about this in efforts of potentially saving 10% off of one transaction vs. alienating someone who drops thousands of dollars at this establishment, honestly, if it wasn't for being able to stack coupons with discount GCs, CC discount etc., I probably would never step foot in a TRU store as there many other places for me to get LEGO deals.....okay rant over, sorry !!! :) 

I don't want to get into a debate but in all fairness, you're asking for a cc discount but you're really not using the cc if you're charging a dollar or so...I know I'm in the minority on this site on my behavior about this but as I use my cc when asking for a cc discount & then going home & paying the cc. I  use my discounted gc's to buy items on discount online...

• Like 3

I think he used a 25/20, 20/15, and $15 off $100 in the same transaction.  All used only once per transaction.

25/20% off coupon states one coupon per transaction, since the 20/15% is a different coupon are you saying that they will allow it to be used on the same transaction too (without manager override)?? Can anyone confirm this?  

Clerks in my area just assume all coupons exclude Lego so the barcode itself does me little good. If someone could post a picture of the 25/20 and 20/15 card(s) and terms on the back that would help me out.

yup .. No issues . 

I've only gotten the $x of $x to work with a manager's override at some stores. Others decline saying that it excludes Lego. Would someone please  post an image of the $15 off $100 or $10 off $75  coupon a with the "fine print". I'm looking forward to using all 5 TRUTH days in July!!

Thanks

I've only gotten the $x of $x to work with a manager's override at some stores. Others decline saying that it excludes Lego. Would someone please  post an image of the $15 off $100 or $10 off $75  coupon a with the "fine print". I'm looking forward to using all 5 TRUTH days in July!!

Thanks

this was last month's ... As long as u have 3 items in one transaction u should be able to apply the 25%,15%, 15$/10$ off cpns in same transaction 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I have a question for the experienced TRU shoppers.  I just got my TRU credit card and they were stingy with the credit line (lowest of all my cards), so it took a couple days over the holiday weekend to get it bumped up.  I went online to see what to buy with the initial 15% discount and all the good exclusives (the ones that "never" go on sale) are OOS.  Tumbler, Sandcrawler (which was in stock last night), Sea Cow, Mixer - etc.

My question - the 15% discount is a code.  Can I buy something on Thursday in-stone with the credit card and use the 15% code when these exclusives come online.  I thought I read at least a couple times that the first purchase was the only one that qualified for the 15%.  If that's the case, then essentially I'm barred from buying anything in store until I get my 15% discount purchase over with.

The credit card came with a letter that had a coupon with a barcode on the back and I believe it's a one time use code.  I assume that's the 15% - does it vanish/expire if not used on the first card purchase?

Did you sign up for your card in store or online?  When I signed up in store last November the 15% coupon was good for that day only, but I could use it for as many transactions as I wanted, at least until my credit limit was reached.  I hope your 15% coupon code did not already expire.

Did you sign up for your card in store or online?  When I signed up in store last November the 15% coupon was good for that day only, but I could use it for as many transactions as I wanted, at least until my credit limit was reached.  I hope your 15% coupon code did not already expire.

I signed up online.  The code says valid through 9/30/15 on the front so it should be good until then, but I'm just wondering if it gets voided out if I don't use it on the very first purchase.

I signed up online.  The code says valid through 9/30/15 on the front so it should be good until then, but I'm just wondering if it gets voided out if I don't use it on the very first purchase.

I thought I read somewhere that its a one-time use.  I've been trying to time this as well...I haven't applied for one yet because of low stock levels.  TRU seems to be the hot destination for discounts on exclusives now that Target dropped the hammer on a lot of resellers.

Keep an eye out for Tower Bridges at TRU online.  They popped back in stock a few times over the past two weeks.  I personally think that's a great opportunity to use that 15% discount, assuming you can score at least a couple with one order.  Otherwise, I might wait for the DS or Sea Cow to come back in stock.

Typically with a new TRU CC the deal they offer is 15% off first purchase OR 12 months financing for fist purchase. (of $299 or more) I used the 15% to pick up my first DS sets.

You can't use your cc in store to buy sets online to get 15% off & 10% off. That would be for in store items only.

My 15% off first purchase deal was 90 days after cc activation.