Ideas #018: 21310 - Old Fishing Store

Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy

I love it and will buy 1 on day 1. However, due to recent LEGO sales, do we wait to buy more at the 11th hour when at 50% and tagged?

LEGO.... You don't have to make 10,000,000 of these and place them on every retail shelf on Earth, just your stores only will suffice. We need to have some exclusivity back!

Just now, nolanfan34 said:

I'm going way under, I bet it ends up around 1200 for $99.

Just for fun, it would be great to have a proper flagship Ideas set with 2k pieces but I understand they have other objectives. Apollo is going to be the highest piece count set so far but this one should have more smaller parts.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Just for fun, it would be great to have a proper flagship Ideas set with 2k pieces but I understand they have other objectives. Apollo is going to be the highest piece count set so far but this one should have more smaller parts.

Apollo could be a really cool one to do what you're saying and have a flagship $199 type of set. 

12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Adventure Times and Beatles are still good value.

That is why I've decided to apply a diversity policy in terms of purchasing sets from UK and Poland.

Entire lineup for Architecture and recently for Ideas cost me less in about 15-20% RPP in straight comparison between PL and UK SaH in almost evry surface.
Yellow Submarine costs 220PLN which is eq to 45GBP for basic price, thanks to sinking Titanic Pound Sterling. Normally would be about 40gbp.
Can't complain anyway.

and still getting 15=20% more VIP points with every single purchase. (different calculation)

Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy
21 hours ago, Val-E said:

Adventure Times and Beatles are still good value.

Do you see any mojo in Adventure Time? To me it seems so utterly ridiculous that only 3 people of Earth will buy more than one and LEGO wil cull it early due to poor sales. Hence, it'll be a huge winner, but don't buy >1 until it's -50% and tagged.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

With what happened this year, that´s going to be the IDEAS dilemma going forward.

The wait-for-discounts strategy worked a treat with Doctor Who and Ecto but you would have missed out on Wall-E, TBBT and Maze.

Tesco's 3-for-2 helped me out a lot with WALL-E & TBBT, I avoided the maze like most of us. Doctor Who resale prices are pointing up a bit and we just need all the <RRP stock to disappear. If Tesco ever repeat 3-for-2, I'm only buying IDEAS & Architecture.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Tesco's 3-for-2 helped me out a lot with WALL-E & TBBT, I avoided the maze like most of us. Doctor Who resale prices are pointing up a bit and we just need all the <RRP stock to disappear. If Tesco ever repeat 3-for-2, I'm only buying IDEAS & Architecture.

I've bought 80 sets this year across a range of sets, prices and sizes. Architecture and Ideas are definitely my strongest performers. Tesco may not have 3 for 2 on the horizon, but they've had some great prices recently (Louvre £36, Capitol £66). The prices have crept back up again.