Ideas #018: 21310 - Old Fishing Store

Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy

A lovely set and is the 3rd set on my shortlist to buy in 2018 (after Saturn V and UCS MF). Could this push up the price of the 60147 fishing boat when it retires?

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

wrong thread my bad.

yeah - the positivity and general consensus of "like" in this thread is a little disconcerting. even tabby is talking about buying some.  it's like the 29th coming (and going) of the apocalypse :P .

this set looks so awesome - gives me a haunted house kind of vibe with the ramshackle shack appearance and the colors are fantastic.  considering this set a modular and the relative short life of Ideas sets (relative to the modular series), i will be buying OFS early and often.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cladner said:

considering this set a modular and the relative short life of Ideas sets (relative to the modular series)

I wouldn't bet on that. If the set sells well enough, they could keep it in production for much longer than any other Ideas set. No license to pay for this one either, so there is no reason for them to retire it quickly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

yeah - the positivity and general consensus of "like" in this thread is a little disconcerting. even tabby is talking about buying some.  it's like the 29th coming (and going) of the apocalypse :P .

this set looks so awesome - gives me a haunted house kind of vibe with the ramshackle shack appearance and the colors are fantastic.  considering this set a modular and the relative short life of Ideas sets (relative to the modular series), i will be buying OFS early and often.

Quint approves!
maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I wouldn't bet on that. If the set sells well enough, they could keep it in production for much longer than any other Ideas set. No license to pay for this one either, so there is no reason for them to retire it quickly.

tell that to the people buying 100s of Saturn V's (though granted they have visions of Mars Rover on steroids dancing in their heads).   i have a hard time believing they would have sustained production of another large 2000 piece + building set with the modular series already bloated.  add to that other large building sets like Ghostbusters HQ.  maybe they retire one of the other modulars quicker or GBHQ.   adding another large set to a roster of other large sets seems like it will cannibalize sales - maybe.  this game is getting exciting again (beyond the usual thrill of refreshing the walmart clearance tracker screen).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cladner said:

tell that to the people buying 100s of Saturn V's (though granted they have visions of Mars Rover on steroids dancing in their heads).   i have a hard time believing they would have sustained production of another large 2000 piece + building set with the modular series already bloated.  add to that other large building sets like Ghostbusters HQ.  maybe they retire one of the other modulars quicker or GBHQ.   adding another large set to a roster of other large sets seems like it will cannibalize sales - maybe.  this game is getting exciting again (beyond the usual thrill of refreshing the walmart clearance tracker screen).

Yeah, I agree production capability is limited. But then again sets like the Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart are on shelves for a lot longer than most people expected as well. So I think we might be underestimating their production capabilities.

If a set sells well, they ramp up production. See Technic Porsche.

As for retiring GBHQ: I could only wish.

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Up on SAH europe. 160 euros for lego tax countries and 140 GBP. seems the UK is now also a Lego tax member state.

Yeah, £ 139,99 equals €160 at current exchange rate.  

What kind of devious sucking up to The LEGO Company are the Germans doing for always getting the lowest price? This is a true LEGO mystery! :P 

Although ... The Irish and Italians apparently figured out the same trick since they too have the €150 price point.

Edited by Haay

20 minutes ago, Haay said:

Yeah, £ 139,99 equals €160 at current exchange rate.  

What kind of devious sucking up to The LEGO Company are the Germans doing for always getting the lowest price? This is a true LEGO mystery! :P 

Although ... The Irish and Italians apparently figured out the same trick since they too have the €150 price point.

We buy the Danish a pint every now and again and that keeps them on side. None of that Heineken crap for them you know :D

• Like 1

Just now, Sprocket77 said:

We buy the Danish a pint every now and again and that keeps them on side. None of that Heineken crap for them you know :D

I totally agree with you about Heineken lager crap :P. But the strangest thing is ... Belgian (Abbey) beers are arguably the best beers in the world, yet the Belgian LEGO prices are still LEGO-taxed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sprocket77 said:

i reckon TLG have shares in several Danish alcohol companies and lower Lego prices are some sort of rappel or cashback reward for your alcohol consumption. It certainly isn´t because shipping is cheap.

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

i reckon TLG have shares in several Danish alcohol companies and lower Lego prices are some sort of rappel or cashback reward for your alcohol consumption. It certainly isn´t because shipping is cheap.

Like TLG care about cheap shipping. The LEGO Shop at Home shipping policies would bankrupt most normal companies. Let me give you free shipping, VIP points, lovely promos and I'll ship your €55 order in four separate packages they say.

• Like 3

Price for the set is has been revealed and surprisingly Poland has the best price worldwide slightly better than USD, even with 23% VAT tax included!
Poland Stronk.

the set is listed on LEGO Shop at Home website already with release date  01.09.2017

Edited by Shewie

14 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Price for the set is has been revealed and surprisingly Poland has the best price worldwide slightly better than USD, even with 23% VAT tax included!
Poland Stronk.

the set is listed on LEGO Shop at Home website already with release date  01.09.2017

Don't forget that the US price ( and the CAD for that matter) does NOT include tax. Makes the Polish price even better. Warka!  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...